Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 93 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5 ... 7  Next
Team: Fireflies
Main: The White Wizard
Level: 4276

Post Re: Eta on a fix?
It took me so much effort to send you that ssrecord and log just now I totally don't feel like sending any more

Wed Sep 21, 2016 7:31 am
Dev Team
Team: Eminence Front
Main: Jey123456
Level: 4359

the white wizard wrote:
It took me so much effort to send you that ssrecord and log just now I totally don't feel like sending any more

then you better hope the freeze is related to the leaked node, but since you mentioned you had plenty of ram and never noticed the client go above 500mb, its unlikely to be related. Without a way to reproduce your freeze on a test machine on which i have serial port access to do some kernel level debugging (since the machine is frozen as a whole, i cant use network based remote debugging) the only alternatives are the bruteforce approach.

Wed Sep 21, 2016 10:48 am

So I got this for playing star sonata, after my pc un-froze after a minute
http://prntscr.com/clmqi9

Fri Sep 23, 2016 6:26 pm
Contributor
Main: Dark Steel
Level: 9138

the white wizard wrote:
So I got this for playing star sonata, after my pc un-froze after a minute
http://prntscr.com/clmqi9

I had then when I was playing Overwatch on Windows 8.1 for a while.. after I upgraded to 10 it seemed to be gone

Universe Map: http://www.starsonata.com/map/

Fri Sep 23, 2016 7:18 pm
Dev Team

this is a driver bug, and at least on most other games where it happened, it was fixed in beta 371 (and release 372)

Fri Sep 23, 2016 8:56 pm

It never happened before the latest ss patch, same with the freezes. I have windows 7 and won't be upgrading to 10, and anyway this happens to many players not only me. I updated my gpu drivers and now I get freezes more often. It happens only when playing ss

Sat Sep 24, 2016 6:00 am
Dev Team

the white wizard wrote:
It never happened before the latest ss patch, same with the freezes. I have windows 7 and won't be upgrading to 10, and anyway this happens to many players not only me. I updated my gpu drivers and now I get freezes more often. It happens only when playing ss

its the exact same set of d3d library and d3d instructions between the previous and current client. Only difference is that now the cpu part is a bit faster (especially when io is concerned)

One person mentioned that disabling the detached rendering in option fixed the freeze for them, altho i have yet to get more details on it. On any modern gpu the detached rendering should be driver supported fine so assuming theres no fuckup in the driver that broke it, it could mean the freeze come from some part of the card overheating (altho its very unlikely unless your on an older model of gpu) ss does not use enough gpu to cause any kind of heat in a medium to high performance gpu.

Sat Sep 24, 2016 10:56 am

I tried disabling detach rendering but it didn't make any difference. My PC is still new and I don't have any issues with it when playing other games, as I said before I get the freezes only when playing star sonata and again I'm not the only one with this issue.

Sat Sep 24, 2016 12:27 pm
Dev Team

the white wizard wrote:
I tried disabling detach rendering but it didn't make any difference. My PC is still new and I don't have any issues with it when playing other games, as I said before I get the freezes only when playing star sonata and again I'm not the only one with this issue.

im sure you are not, but the issue is also not general enough to affect everyone, and unfortunately does not affect any of my test machines so all i can do is play a game of spot the difference.

Sat Sep 24, 2016 1:05 pm

Does this mean I'll be stuck with this bug for years

Sat Sep 24, 2016 1:57 pm
Team: Resident Evil
Main: Kaguya
Level: 3248

From what I can tell, it seems like the new graphics cards aren't supported by Star Sonata client. I have a new computer, and I have the same problem.

Sat Sep 24, 2016 2:20 pm
Main: ShawnMcCall
Level: 2589

SS has been a fucking nightmare for me as well since the last patch, client freezes up competely in galaxies for no reason, then unfreezes 2 jumps away on AP. Methinks you guys broke something... >.>

Sat Sep 24, 2016 3:28 pm
Dev Team

as i said many times, this client had literally no code changes. The only change is going from an older compiler to a newer compiler.

It had been in beta for around a month with no mention of that freeze and its not happening on any of my test machine. The more people are affected, the more likely someone will either figure a way to reproduce it on other machines or be able to work with me on narrowing down the cause.

If someone know a way to reliably reproduce the bug ill gladly try it on all 26 of my test machines with varied hardware. But my normal tests (which include a recording of olympus, 25jmps autopilot, sitting in a galaxy crowded with slaves and an heavy bvb scenario) do not trigger the freeze on any of them.

Sun Sep 25, 2016 11:55 am
Main: Dr Feelgood
Level: 5893

My zerk froze a lot in a df600 dg, you could try that. Basically, my zerk always freezes in the worst moment - either in twisted bosses or some pps gal with a lot happening though other chars if not the entire pc also freeze a lot

Sun Sep 25, 2016 12:07 pm
Team: Resident Evil
Main: Kaguya
Level: 3248

I actually freeze even when I AFK in whatever gal, or when I'm on a AP route, I have to do nothing to get the freezes. Seems like I only get the freezes when I have the client active, otherwise I can browse just fine when it's idle.

Sun Sep 25, 2016 12:21 pm
Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 93 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5 ... 7  Next