Main: Reverse Flash
Level: 24

Post plshalp
http://prntscr.com/cmse44

When I log into SS, stuff doesn't load (as shown in the screenshot) and then "Connection to server has been lost" appears after a few minutes and logs me out.

Decided to finally log into SS after a long time but I think it's giving me a sign to stay away :mrgreen:

-I've tried removing and then re-installing SS using the latest installer.
-I've tried logging in using the beta client but facing the same issue.
-Patch bot stayed on "communicating" for at least 5-10 minutes and then started working properly (mentioning this just in case).

Mon Sep 26, 2016 9:42 pm
over 9000!
Main: enkelin
Level: 5600

Post Re: plshalp
It's possible the server was down when you were trying. Or… are you by chance attempting to connect from a college campus? There's a tunnel that can help with that.

Hi, I'm Anil, a long-time player turned developer. I am Star Sonata's lead content developer, which means that I run weekly dev meetings and make sure that any proposed changes to the game receive proper review before going live.

http://www.starsonata.com/features

Mon Sep 26, 2016 10:06 pm
Team: The Unforeseen Colonies
Main: Masterful
Level: 6877

It wasn't an issue of the server being down. When he was experiencing this issue there were others online.

Tue Sep 27, 2016 12:06 am
Team: Fireflies
Main: Dr Feelgood
Level: 5893

I get this ~1/10 times I try to log on alts.

Tue Sep 27, 2016 5:57 am
Team: Star Revolution X
Main: topbuzzz
Level: 8015

try webchat to confirm you can actually login
http://www.starsonata.com/webchat/

Tue Sep 27, 2016 6:03 am
Profile WWW

anilv wrote:
It's possible the server was down when you were trying. Or… are you by chance attempting to connect from a college campus? There's a tunnel that can help with that.

No, as masterful said, others were online when I was experiencing this issue (still am). I'm connecting from my home. I have a 20 mbps connection.

sabre198 wrote:
try webchat to confirm you can actually login
http://www.starsonata.com/webchat/

It took a few seconds for webchat to load up after connecting and now it's working fine.

I'll try changing my router and see if that helps.

Tue Sep 27, 2016 1:01 pm
Team: Traders
Main: ZGMF
Level: 5980

i had the same issue, as i see on your screen shot you are now running windows build 1607. which is currently fucked up. mine was auto updated to it, but now i have reverted to build 1511. but still cannot run SS properly, im trying to figure out what is the issue here, seems like the damaged has been already done.

Tue Sep 27, 2016 2:26 pm
Dev Team
Team: Eminence Front
Main: Jey123456
Level: 4359

it is a weird problem.

I did see identical symptoms a while ago, it was a router issue with a socket that got glitched in what could only be called an half stuck state. Whenever something tried to connect to port 3030 through it it lagged like hell and rarely made it past the screen you posted.

Thats very unlikely to happen on a first login tho, so its weird that you would be in that situation after not playing for a long time.

I cannot say for sure what the cause of the problem described is, but i can say this, the server itself work and is reachable fine for most of the playerbase (only 2 known case of that problem currently) and i can say that its definitely a network related issue.

The best i can recommend until we find out more, would be to ensure your firewall allow star sonata.exe to access the network and that port 3030 is allowed outbound. Restarting your modem / router would ensure a clean slate as far as the sockets are concerned. Sometime network issues are weird and complicated, but often the good old turn it off and on again work xD.

Wed Sep 28, 2016 4:15 am

i've done the windows revert and tried to reinstall the main client and patch bot as admin on the beta client. also reseated all the connectors to and on the computer. so far so good, i still see the minor jumping ships here and there but thats normal. i'll update if it happens again.

edit: is anyone here running windows build 1607 without any issues?

Wed Sep 28, 2016 8:42 am

Jey123456 wrote:
it is a weird problem.

I did see identical symptoms a while ago, it was a router issue with a socket that got glitched in what could only be called an half stuck state. Whenever something tried to connect to port 3030 through it it lagged like hell and rarely made it past the screen you posted.

Thats very unlikely to happen on a first login tho, so its weird that you would be in that situation after not playing for a long time.

I cannot say for sure what the cause of the problem described is, but i can say this, the server itself work and is reachable fine for most of the playerbase (only 2 known case of that problem currently) and i can say that its definitely a network related issue.

The best i can recommend until we find out more, would be to ensure your firewall allow star sonata.exe to access the network and that port 3030 is allowed outbound. Restarting your modem / router would ensure a clean slate as far as the sockets are concerned. Sometime network issues are weird and complicated, but often the good old turn it off and on again work xD.

I tried restarting my router when it first happened. Didn't help.

I ran star sonata.exe as admin and it finally worked properly :o

Wed Sep 28, 2016 11:19 am

reverseflash wrote:
Jey123456 wrote:
it is a weird problem.

I tried restarting my router when it first happened. Didn't help.

I ran star sonata.exe as admin and it finally worked properly :o

yep seems run as admins works on it. strangely enough i didnt thought about it also XD

edit: wait i tried this yesterday and it didnt work, but now its working. . .

Wed Sep 28, 2016 11:30 am
Dev Team
Team: Eminence Front
Main: Jey123456
Level: 4359

if it work as admin, its definitely something related to the windows firewall. Being as admin allow some overrides on that side.

Wed Sep 28, 2016 3:54 pm

Jey123456 wrote:
if it work as admin, its definitely something related to the windows firewall. Being as admin allow some overrides on that side.

probably right. i'll check the firewall settings again when i run the 1607 build in the future. cuz i noticed it did change lots of settings and things like permissions stuffs and settings which is now my current problem as i am putting everything back in order after i reverted to 1511 build.

also 1607 has lots of compatibility issue with drivers and softwares, i found out that it was messing with the lan card and other adapters, even google chrome. probably SS also had a compatibility issue.

Thu Sep 29, 2016 6:17 am