over 9000!
Main: enkelin
Level: 5600

Post Re: Small announcement
the white wizard wrote:
So far 7 bnf kills in a row and the only thing that dropped was nightfury burst crate. 33% drop chance for an item yes sounds about right. Actually I didn't have any loots from bnf since july

That's not even close to enough trials to call the drop chance into question. If you get up to 0-15 or 0-20 then we can talk.

Hi, I'm Anil, a long-time player turned developer. I am Star Sonata's lead content developer, which means that I run weekly dev meetings and make sure that any proposed changes to the game receive proper review before going live.

http://www.starsonata.com/features

Tue Oct 11, 2016 8:04 am
Main: Mow
Level: 9759

anilv wrote:
the white wizard wrote:
So far 7 bnf kills in a row and the only thing that dropped was nightfury burst crate. 33% drop chance for an item yes sounds about right. Actually I didn't have any loots from bnf since july

That's not even close to enough trials to call the drop chance into question. If you get up to 0-15 or 0-20 then we can talk.

And you must also understand that people are not going to kill bosses 15-20 times on end just to get 1 piece of gear & then having to do it another 15-20 times to get the next one. Do we really need to make this game a farm/grind?

Tue Oct 11, 2016 8:28 am
Team: Cybernetic Trading Co.
Main: Danger
Level: 7164

Me and Lemon did BNF with like, 1 zerk, 1 trist, 2-3 shms, 1 fc, 1 engi before. Before BNF's shield regen/bank was reduced.

Tue Oct 11, 2016 8:32 am
Team: Fireflies
Main: The White Wizard
Level: 4276

7 kills means 7 weeks of doing the boss and no loots. The lockout is 7 days. Are you telling me I have to pay for a 4 month sub to get one piece of bnf gear to drop?

Tue Oct 11, 2016 8:45 am
Contributor
Team: Eminence Front
Main: Dark Steel
Level: 9138

the white wizard wrote:
7 kills means 7 weeks of doing the boss and no loots. The lockout is 7 days. Are you telling me I have to pay for a 4 month sub to get one piece of bnf gear to drop?

No (Daedalus), I'm telling you that on average, you'll have to do the lockout 3 times to get a piece of gear.

I just did it with 1 zerk/sniper/shm/gunner/engi/fc and Im sure you can even drop the gunner if you really wanted to. It's not that hard of a boss, honestly.

Universe Map: http://www.starsonata.com/map/

Last edited by DarkSteel on Tue Oct 11, 2016 8:52 am, edited 1 time in total.

Tue Oct 11, 2016 8:51 am
over 9000!

the white wizard wrote:

No, I'm saying that 7 kills isn't a large enough sample size to base a complaint off of. You may have personally been unlucky but the rate of item sourcing across all player kills is not at fault.

Hi, I'm Anil, a long-time player turned developer. I am Star Sonata's lead content developer, which means that I run weekly dev meetings and make sure that any proposed changes to the game receive proper review before going live.

Tue Oct 11, 2016 8:52 am
Main: Blizzara
Level: 6660

Danger wrote:
Me and Lemon did BNF with like, 1 zerk, 1 trist, 2-3 shms, 1 fc, 1 engi before. Before BNF's shield regen/bank was reduced.

Sounds like a regular BNF group to me.

Wed Oct 12, 2016 12:53 am
Main: Momonga
Level: 6776

Antilzah wrote:
Danger wrote:

Sounds like a regular BNF group to me.

shm, sniper, engi, zerk, fc is regular

Wed Oct 12, 2016 4:28 am
Team: Star Revolution X
Main: topbuzzz
Level: 8015

anilv wrote:
the white wizard wrote:

No, I'm saying that 7 kills isn't a large enough sample size to base a complaint off of. You may have personally been unlucky but the rate of item sourcing across all player kills is not at fault.

brings back memories of Trevor trying for the RC commod in RP

Wed Oct 12, 2016 6:30 am
Profile WWW
over 9000!

sabre198 wrote:
anilv wrote:
the white wizard wrote:

brings back memories of Trevor trying for the RC commod in RP

I was remembering that too :lol:

Wed Oct 12, 2016 6:31 am
Main: Rhys
Level: 3919

Fyi, Jeff is secretly choosing which runs should drop what. When he sees a try-hard noob squad come in and barely make it, he is impressed, and dispenses phat loot.

On the other hand, face-rolling the boss means it is almost very likely you will probably but not definitely not get lewt. There are serious facts behind this pretty much proven hypothesis - i.e., I have tested it many times, and my data is statistically significant.

Thu Oct 13, 2016 7:36 pm
Team: Cybernetic Trading Co.
Main: 1-800-USE_THE_FORCE!
Level: 9597

Rounder wrote:
Fyi, Jeff is secretly choosing which runs should drop what. When he sees a try-hard noob squad come in and barely make it, he is impressed, and dispenses phat loot.

On the other hand, face-rolling the boss means it is almost very likely you will probably but not definitely not get lewt. There are serious facts behind this pretty much proven hypothesis - i.e., I have tested it many times, and my data is statistically significant.

If had opposite findings, the longer you take the shittier the lewt is. Source: Science.

Thu Oct 13, 2016 8:18 pm
Main: The Shaft of Discipline
Level: 3680

TIL: Rhice has not gotten phatlewt in over a decade.

Thu Oct 13, 2016 9:56 pm
Dev Team
Main: Jey123456
Level: 4359

Tomzta09 wrote:
anilv wrote:
the white wizard wrote:

And you must also understand that people are not going to kill bosses 15-20 times on end just to get 1 piece of gear & then having to do it another 15-20 times to get the next one. Do we really need to make this game a farm/grind?

I remember clearly doing a little over 50 emp run just to finally get my first emp ray ! (yes it took me over a year T_T) only to have 3 drop in a row after lol. such is rng T_T.

Fri Oct 14, 2016 4:16 am
Team: Fireflies
Main: The White Wizard
Level: 4276

There are many PPS dgs, a lockout for one is 1h. Only a proper "high end" squad can do many pps dgs, noob teams can do only a chosen few. The high end squad can do many dgs so they get more drops as a reward for the more work they do. A noob squad can take weeks to get their burst drops from the few chosen very easy dgs, but a high end squad can get many bursts within a few days because they can do many difficult dgs. When a noob squad gets the burst their strength increases and they can do more dgs. BNF is 7 days lockout and only one.

Lately I've been thinking about making a suggestion to let players choose the difficulty of the boss just like WoW raids, but who would bother to make suggestions here? I for sure would not.

Fri Oct 14, 2016 6:58 am