Team: Zephyr
Main: -13-
Level: 4430

Post every day
every fucking day I wake up and wish I could play ss so badly, but its completely ruined. Literally all base gear is free now, there is no loss system. What is the point of playing if everything I need is free and theres no way to lose anything? Its ridiculous.

Additionally, we've had 2 cycles of dropping 50% in our player base. That is completely insane.

I wish I could play SS but its completely ruined. We even disbanded a FB page of 50 people because none of them play any more. Thats ridiculous.

Mon Oct 10, 2016 12:54 pm
Main: ShawnMcCall
Level: 2589

Post Re: every day
If you're gonna quit, just quit. If you're gonna haunt and whine, then don't make a post that says you're leaving, make a post that says you're gonna haunt and whine. We need accurate information here, you gotta stop toying with our emotions.

Mon Oct 10, 2016 1:32 pm
Team: Zephyr
Main: -13-
Level: 4430

k so, hilarious, but seriously, this is fucked. Everyone I know personally that played quit

Mon Oct 10, 2016 3:34 pm
Team: Eminence Front
Main: Helius
Level: 3033

Hey!

Please go away!

Tue Oct 11, 2016 2:59 am
Main: ShawnMcCall
Level: 2589

jack the ripper wrote:
k so, hilarious, but seriously, this is fucked. Everyone I know personally that played quit

That's the nature of gaming though. Most MMOS that don't number above 100k subs in their first few months, are destined to fight an uphill battle and eventually die. Of those that do make it the vast majority don't make it past 5 years, much less 10, if SS goes down tomorrow no one can say it had a bad run, simply because it's already survived at least 10 years longer than it should have.

Tue Oct 11, 2016 10:17 am
over 9000!
Main: enkelin
Level: 5600

The game actually feels more actively lately. Everyone moves on eventually. Just because -13- and his crew have moved on doesn't mean the game is in a death spiral.

Hi, I'm Anil, a long-time player turned developer. I am Star Sonata's lead content developer, which means that I run weekly dev meetings and make sure that any proposed changes to the game receive proper review before going live.

http://www.starsonata.com/features

Tue Oct 11, 2016 12:01 pm
Team: The Dividing Contrast
Main: The Ultimatum
Level: 282

chronos wrote:
Hey!

Please go away!

Tue Oct 11, 2016 2:29 pm
Main: The Crazy Game Master
Level: 3234

Location: TARDIS, Time Vortex, Main Universe, Reality, Big Bang 2, Multiverse 1
Not even EVE is as punishing with player loss as SS was. When your game is harder than EVE, you need to fix something.

Tue Oct 11, 2016 2:47 pm
Team: Suns of Hades
Main: brindlebull
Level: 5143

Why even mention this? It hasn't had a familiar playerbase since C1, your complaints are way too late now, it has been years already. Your brain only just now got triggered enough to write this? Changes like this have slowly been happening for ages. You didn't say a word when X,Y,Z gear wasn't transferable to the next uni. You didn't say a word of complaint whatsoever on any of the other questionable changes for the worse, when it mattered. Your complaints belong back then, too far in for your complaints to be taken seriously after feeling fine about everything until now. :roll:

Tue Oct 11, 2016 3:45 pm
Main: The Shaft of Discipline
Level: 3680

13 expected to be able to attack anyone (but particularly the low levels he so much enjoys crushing) for the sake of attacking and burning their place down, raid their dead bases for resources to continue attacking, and leave. If they continue to exist afterwards, then he'll come back and rinse and repeat until they either get guud, or quit.

He stopped being the emotional twat that he is and finally quit the game when he attacked what looked to be an easy picking and ran his face into a heavily armed brick wall. He lost something around 50 bana kits in one battle and decided to rage quit in the aftermath.

13 is QQing because this kind of random // casual attack behavior is not what the admins want for the game. Defenders have all sorts of tools to fortify their galaxy now and can easily make it a pain in the ass to assail. Combine this with Station Slot Amplifiers so you can use more than 5 kits in your siege, the requirement of a front-line production base, a ton of credits, and several days per Amplifier build, and the attackers need to weigh whether they can use the galaxy to make money off of, rather than just burn and pillage.

The credit cost is specifically there to stop people like 13 who have virtually zero income and only want to burn and pillage. It is chump change to any established attacking team. Even the smallest teams capable, and willing, to attack to gain territory are making at least 30b/day in passive income.

In the last five or so years, for every 10 wars/conflicts that last longer than 6 hours, there is one war where the primary reason for going to war is the explicit seizure of resources.

Last edited by Pontius123 on Tue Oct 11, 2016 7:07 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Tue Oct 11, 2016 6:39 pm
Team: Cybernetic Trading Co.
Main: 1-800-USE_THE_FORCE!
Level: 9597

potato2 wrote:
chronos wrote:
Hey!

Please go away!

Tue Oct 11, 2016 6:53 pm
Main: Blizzara
Level: 6660

"Adapt or quit" is a phrase often said by the wise ones.

Wed Oct 12, 2016 12:48 am
Content Dev
Team: JMC
Main: Blue Dwarf
Level: 2067

Antilzah wrote:

I guess the extinction of your species could be considered quitting?

Support

Wed Oct 12, 2016 7:06 am
Main: Mow
Level: 9759

Pontius123 wrote:
13 expected to be able to attack anyone (but particularly the low levels he so much enjoys crushing) for the sake of attacking and burning their place down, raid their dead bases for resources to continue attacking, and leave. If they continue to exist afterwards, then he'll come back and rinse and repeat until they either get guud, or quit.

He stopped being the emotional twat that he is and finally quit the game when he attacked what looked to be an easy picking and ran his face into a heavily armed brick wall. He lost something around 50 bana kits in one battle and decided to rage quit in the aftermath.

13 is QQing because this kind of random // casual attack behavior is not what the admins want for the game. Defenders have all sorts of tools to fortify their galaxy now and can easily make it a pain in the ass to assail. Combine this with Station Slot Amplifiers so you can use more than 5 kits in your siege, the requirement of a front-line production base, a ton of credits, and several days per Amplifier build, and the attackers need to weigh whether they can use the galaxy to make money off of, rather than just burn and pillage.

The credit cost is specifically there to stop people like 13 who have virtually zero income and only want to burn and pillage. It is chump change to any established attacking team. Even the smallest teams capable, and willing, to attack to gain territory are making at least 30b/day in passive income.

In the last five or so years, for every 10 wars/conflicts that last longer than 6 hours, there is one war where the primary reason for going to war is the explicit seizure of resources.

10/10.

jack the ripper wrote:
every fucking day I wake up and wish I could play ss so badly, but its completely ruined. Literally all base gear is free now, there is no loss system. What is the point of playing if everything I need is free and theres no way to lose anything?

If your day really starts with waking up and wishing you could play SS then you need to get a life.

Wed Oct 12, 2016 8:27 am
Main: Blizzara
Level: 6660

Blue Dwarf wrote:
Antilzah wrote:

I guess the extinction of your species could be considered quitting?

:D

Wed Oct 12, 2016 12:55 pm