Main: Obliterator200
Level: 3493

Post Re: Thoughts on the newest ships
Danger wrote:
The Hotrod Ultimate is more of a luxurious ship. It should not be purchasable easily for F2P.

Sorry, but I fail to see how its any better than the Vazuk. Hull space is after all the most important aspect to light fighters if its below 350.

Wed Nov 16, 2016 1:35 am
Team: Eminence Front
Main: Blizzara
Level: 6660

Valkyrie300 wrote:
Danger wrote:
The Hotrod Ultimate is more of a luxurious ship. It should not be purchasable easily for F2P.

Sorry, but I fail to see how its any better than the Vazuk. Hull space is after all the most important aspect to light fighters if its below 350.

Antilzah wrote:
HRU has better inbuilt elec, more weapon slots, more speed and better inbuilt stats.

I would definately use HRU over vazuk if I manage to fit gear.

Wed Nov 16, 2016 4:00 am

Antilzah wrote:
HRU has better inbuilt elec, more weapon slots, more speed and better inbuilt stats.

I would definately use HRU over vazuk if I manage to fit gear.

Irrelevant. With only 250 hull you'll be hard pressed to fit more than 2 weapons at once, and even then you'll have trouble scooping loot.

Vazuk has +15% damage, +15% range, +25% turning and thrust. Hotrod Ultimate has +40% energy and +100% thrust. Damage and range are far more important than energy bank, and the extra thrust is offset by the HRU's mass

The advantages HRU has are better resists, elec, and speed, and SDs are fast enough to dodge with Class Skills Maxed out. Its also has high visibility. Neither ship is better than the other, but one of them is a hassle for a freemium to obtain.

I'd say stick with Vazuk for SD, Cherub for Seer.

Thu Nov 17, 2016 10:55 pm
Main: ShawnMcCall
Level: 2589

Good thing we got the scoop on all these new ships from HPA... what would we ever do without him?

Thu Nov 17, 2016 11:21 pm

Valkyrie300 wrote:
Irrelevant. With only 250 hull you'll be hard pressed to fit more than 2 weapons at once, and even then you'll have trouble scooping loot.

I mean.. IF you can manage to squeeze your gear on small ship, it's good. If you can't do that, yeah sure higher hulled ship is obviously better than ship without a weapon equipped for example.

Valkyrie300 wrote:
Vazuk has +15% damage, +15% range, +25% turning and thrust. Hotrod Ultimate has +40% energy and +100% thrust. Damage and range are far more important than energy bank, and the extra thrust is offset by the HRU's mass

Oh?! I was only looking at wiki ships page and that page only shows "Tractoring +10%". Yeah suure I take back all advantages I said about HRU. +15% Damage and +15% Range especially are very relevant.

Vazuk is ruin ship and HRU is AI base so at least that's something. But this comparison is still quite pointless as HRU is unavailable for f2p.

Fri Nov 18, 2016 7:56 am

Here's a recap of the ships each class should be flying before subbing.

Seer: cherub
Speed demon: vazuk or HRU
Berserker: marshal
Sniper: ukuk
FC: EFBS
Gunner: Earthforce prototype
Shield monk and engineer: testudo

After getting piloting 22 each class has an awesome aveksakan ship to be had. Except gunner, they go for bana king

Fri Nov 18, 2016 1:06 pm
Main: The Shaft of Discipline
Level: 3680

Gunner: Really anything. Gunner is a fantastically versatile class since missiles do massive damage and it's really hard to get gun damage up. You can use anything from a Frigate to a Porpoise to a Battleship.

FC: Also, really anything, but preferably a Battleship or an Overload Prototype. That superweapon doesn't scale off your augs so you can use it to blap a single target. Beyond that, the key is defense and hull.

SD: Toss up between Primal Leopard or Vazuk. HRU is unavailable and if you've managed to get one most likely you're already p2p because it can only be obtained from Perilous Space. Both the Primal Leopard and the Vazuk have 4 augs, 65% to laser, and 130 speed. The main difference is that the pLeo is on average tankier than the Vazuk, but the Vazuk has a tiny bit more range and stealth.

Seer: Cherub or Primal Leopard. Cherub technically does more damage, but Primal Leopard is faster. My experience with Seer is that speed is king over tiny bit more damage, because it is so much harder to get speed out of a setup when you move like a snail.

Sniper: Toss up between Ukuk, Bule Super Sidhe, and Porpoise(+). The Ukuk has the most firepower, but is the most fragile (very bad upon entering a high vis level) and very low hull. The BSS has more hull, is more or less the same defense (aka, none), and similar utility because of the old terror stats. The Porp is my favorite. It has the most hull, the greatest defense (only stupid pure range snipers don't get hit, and they also do the least damage), and 30% crit chance which is very hard to get if you don't get a Reaver aug, which this ship can use and not instantly die upon encountering a simple Big Green.

Berserker: Marshal, though if you need close range heat damage, the Scorch's Cleft Thorn is a good contender.

Engineer: Testudo is crazy overpowered because at the time, T20 was max tech. It will probably take a nerf alongside Prawn, HM, and PBF. Primal Elephant is okayish.

Shield Monkey: Testudo notwithstanding, toss up between Primal Elephant and Earthforce Battleship.

Fri Nov 18, 2016 2:22 pm

These are mostly below t19 so you will have weaker augs

Fri Nov 18, 2016 5:23 pm

Valkyrie300 wrote:

If you logged in once in the last 6 months, you'd know what this is.

You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.

Fri Nov 18, 2016 6:36 pm
Main: ShawnMcCall
Level: 2589

Pontius123 wrote:
Valkyrie300 wrote:

If you logged in once in the last 6 months, you'd know what this is.

HPA specializes in give bad or incomplete information, you're expecting too much of him.

In other news; Good thing HPA weighed in on these ships otherwise I never would have known what to do with them. Maybe one day I will be uber enough for him to teach me his pro strats.

Fri Nov 18, 2016 6:47 pm

Shrimp+ sniper!

Sat Nov 19, 2016 12:32 pm

Some of these ships are no better than base t19 ships even after you upgrade them.

Porpoise better resists, snowflake better inbuilts and stealth. I'd say this is 50-50, no clear winner. Don't use either for pvp though; get an Ukuk instead. Also, Porpoise>Ukuk>Bule Super Sidhe in defense. An extra 30% shield does not make up for 30% less overall resists on the BSS.

Marshal has better resists overall and more hull, and it doesn't matter if Cleft Thorns have a ROF bonus because Zerks can't sustain it.

Primal Leopard has 3 augmenters, unless the wiki is inaccurate. Ship t19 upgrade doesn't give them extra augs. That alone disqualifies it as a SD contender. Mini-marinus and HRU are the closest ships to rival Vazuk as a SD ship. All the other light fighters end up with less augs or weaker stats.

Primal Elephant is likely better than Testudo for Shield Monkeys. Its inbuilts suit the class more, as you want your main ship to be a healer not a tank. Testudo is also painfully slow, and speed is indeed important for ShM.

Ship tech upgrades really shouldn't be used on the capital ships, since the higher tech ones have better stats in every way except speed and weapon slots, and you'll have enough weapon slots anyway.

When t20 was the max tech, I'm fairly certain that EFDN was the best for FC, PBF for gunner, Absentis for sniper, Rhino/AB+ for DM, Rhino for ShM, Panther for SD and seer (though DS+ is strong for seers too), and Lion for Zerk.

Sat Nov 19, 2016 1:45 pm

Shield Monkey doesn't have to be a healer. There are a few very effective tank shield monkeys, both f2p and p2p.

Scorch's Cleft Thorn has massive heat resistance. What do heat damage Sebastapols do in self damage? Oh, wait, is it heat damage? I do believe heat self damage weapons do heat self damage, but since HPA doesn't know this, it can't be right. Also, who says zerks are supposed to sustain anything? If it's dead, you don't need to shoot it anymore.

Primal Leopard has 4 augs. You missed the part where some idiot put the monkey resists on the leopard and the leopard resists on the monkey. The Leopard got a 4th aug because Light Fighters are supposed to be balanced around 4 augs.

Mini-marinus is a stupidly expensive ship whose overabundance in blueprints was the result of a bug. It is actually intended to be a combat slave for those with RC18. I wish the dev team would put an RC18 requirement on it and like-minded ships.

I like using Ship Tech Upgrades on capital ships. I can dg in DF300 with little difficulty.

When did we change the subject to p2p ships?

Sat Nov 19, 2016 3:56 pm

Any f2p except seers, zerkers, and support classes can solo a DF 300 DG.

Sebastopals are not heat weapons.

And no, ship tech upgrades are a poor choice on Capital Ships. If you upgrade an EFBC to tech 19 for example, you end up with a slightly faster EFBS with less resists and inbuilts. Weapon slots and range is irrelevant on FC, and gunners get increased weapon slots.

Sat Nov 19, 2016 4:23 pm

Sebastapol is the name for all self damage multi-bullet pulse guns. They include Immolations, Cremators, Conflags, Calcinators, Incinerators, Bursts, Insanities, Distributors, Tendencies, and Vervaardigers.

I'm pretty sure you can solo DF300 (barring encountering a Hawk, Delquad, or Hive boss) with any class because missiles are overpowered. Discounting missile spam, I'm pretty sure the only classes that can't solo DF300 are Berserker and Engineer, because they're limited by range and burst damage respectively.

One of my teammates apparently uses a T19 Earthforce Frigate. Appears to be very effective.

Sat Nov 19, 2016 5:45 pm