Content Dev
Team: JMC
Main: Blue Dwarf
Level: 2067

Post Re: Star Sonata Unofficial Trailer made by Stiffy
Badgerlost wrote:
All that is true if it was the actual Official SS Trailer but it isn't. So you telling me that everyone that records game play and adds a song to it are going to get sued? No that's not how it works. I'm a music producer myself and as long as i'm not making money from any footage and give full rights to the artist of the track there will be no lawsuit.

Obviously Music for the official SS trailer will be from SS itself so it has its own copyright and no lawsuit will be issued.

Oh and thanks for the Tips people i will take them all into account :)

The upshot is though, that we can't use this. Changing the music might require changing the video (depending that the new music is).

Suing everyone on YouTube for copyright infringement isn't easy (and probably not worth the time since most of them are average joes who can't pay out loads), but they are technically in breach, this is what SOPA and PIPA were about. In UK it's even illegal to rip a CD you bought [link] (which, btw is dumb as fuck).

Support

Sat Nov 05, 2016 7:59 am
Team: Star Revolution X
Main: topbuzzz
Level: 8015

If you just link to it its YouTube taking the legal hit for you.

Sat Nov 05, 2016 11:47 am
Profile WWW
Team: Eminence Front
Main: The Crazy Game Master
Level: 3234

Location: TARDIS, Time Vortex, Main Universe, Reality, Big Bang 2, Multiverse 1
Badgerlost wrote:
All that is true if it was the actual Official SS Trailer but it isn't. So you telling me that everyone that records game play and adds a song to it are going to get sued? No that's not how it works. I'm a music producer myself and as long as i'm not making money from any footage and give full rights to the artist of the track there will be no lawsuit.

Obviously Music for the official SS trailer will be from SS itself so it has its own copyright and no lawsuit will be issued.

As Bobbo said, SS couldn't use your trailer without changing the music (or licensing it). It may not be a problem for you, but SS is a company. Well, JLG is a company, but I digress. As far as I know, this was also submitted by you to the SS Trailer contest, was it not? That's why I'm bringing this up.

Sat Nov 05, 2016 7:42 pm
Main: Cornado
Level: 3235

thecrazygamemaster wrote:
Badgerlost wrote:

As Bobbo said, SS couldn't use your trailer without changing the music (or licensing it). It may not be a problem for you, but SS is a company. Well, JLG is a company, but I digress. As far as I know, this was also submitted by you to the SS Trailer contest, was it not? That's why I'm bringing this up.

No i didnt summit it as the Trailer contest, i uploaded to show you how a trailer should be, i have saved the entire video so if you guys wanted to use it with a diffrent soundtrack plus i could fix the taskbar at the bottom wouldnt be a problem to do aswell as the SS logo ect.

But Enk and I have already been talking we are making a new one from scratch for the official one. Im going to record with some others that summit videos for the contest just waiting to hear back from Enk about music.

Sat Nov 05, 2016 11:10 pm
Main: Cornado
Level: 3235

Oh and just for the record...

You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.

Sun Nov 06, 2016 7:02 pm
Contributor
Main: SunDog60
Level: 6541

Badgerlost wrote:
Oh and just for the record...

That's pretty cool. *a lot, not alot

Mon Nov 07, 2016 11:15 pm
Main: Almighty Pixel
Level: 4

I'm Pixel and I approve of this trailer!

Tue Nov 08, 2016 7:33 am