Main: King Cobras
Level: 1134

Post Old time Player. Question
excited to see veterans of SS part of the dev team. Important aspect will addressed faster and most importantly be done by people who know the game in and out. One thing I'm curious and hope will be addressed is the difficulty of bosses especially tech 20 ones. There was so much to thrill to pursing them. Now you can just get almost any one do it for you with so much ease. Such as iq Bana, anaconda, etc. I feel like there is a huge power gap between players and them. Maybe something like the iq Bana mission for wep20 can be changed to only being completed when you're in a squad of 7 people or less under lvl 1300-1400. Has the dev team consider making tech 20 or content in general more challenging?

Last edited by seanb66 on Tue Nov 08, 2016 1:08 am, edited 1 time in total.

Tue Nov 08, 2016 12:51 am
Team: The Forgotten Colonies
Main: Power Player
Level: 2607

Post Re: Old time Player. Question
it was only zoomed through by those in T21 and up

For this at sub T20 (those meant to even do the content since they need the skill), it was still insanely hard and made harder as it was beefed to deal with T21s zooming through it.

Tue Nov 08, 2016 12:58 am
Team: Eminence Front
Main: Helius
Level: 3033

PP IS DONKEY LOVER!

Tue Nov 08, 2016 1:27 am
over 9000!
Main: enkelin
Level: 5600

Hello! Actually, we have a cool project in the works that would make all the T20 bosses more challenging and exciting like they were in the old days. However, they will no longer represent a bottleneck for new players who are trying to obtain those T20 skills for the first time. Instead, there will be some mission-based paths to obtain those skills even if you play mostly solo.

This way, you won't have to wait ages to get Weaponry 20, but the actual boss fight will be restored to its interesting and challenging status.

Hi, I'm Anil, a long-time player turned developer. I am Star Sonata's lead content developer, which means that I run weekly dev meetings and make sure that any proposed changes to the game receive proper review before going live.

http://www.starsonata.com/features

Tue Nov 08, 2016 6:19 am
Team: Suns of Hades
Main: brindlebull
Level: 5143

Getting the skill through boss kills should still be an availability though. Most don't prefer doing missions.

Wed Nov 09, 2016 10:24 am
Main: The Shaft of Discipline
Level: 3680

I explained it as this:

1. Jeff likes the explore different places, get skills using various items. That's why this mode stayed like it is for 8 or so years.

2. Some people don't like this bullshit, and want to kill something or do a simple tank and spank boss to get their skill, obviously skewed toward whatever skill it is. T20 bosses used to be this way.

3. And then, some people like to go questing, preferably alone, and don't mind a handheld experience. We already have this mode; T20+ skill bosses are now like this, and some dungeons that have no skills have a story mission chain.

We should have all three modes.

Wed Nov 09, 2016 5:52 pm
Main: King Cobras
Level: 1134

I agree with Pontius, all three mode should be included. If you want a co-op ish experience and so what faster way to obtain tech 20 skills then get a squad to get the kill and command. If a player is more of a solo player then a long chain (not to long) of missions would be their prefer gamestyle.

Thu Nov 10, 2016 12:15 pm
Contributor
Team: Star Revolution X
Main: SunDog60
Level: 6541

seanb66 wrote:
One thing I'm curious and hope will be addressed is the difficulty of bosses especially tech 20 ones. There was so much to thrill to pursing them. Now you can just get almost any one do it for you with so much ease. Such as iq Bana, anaconda, etc. I feel like there is a huge power gap between players and them. Maybe something like the iq Bana mission for wep20 can be changed to only being completed when you're in a squad of 7 people or less under lvl 1300-1400. Has the dev team consider making tech 20 or content in general more challenging?

Hey, I've been working on the tech 20 ubers and would like to buff them all to be mini-tech 21 ubers. This will allow us to give them much better loot, and make them more interesting to fight. Essentially, you can go in and kill the boss for the skill, or you can weaken it via a special mission to make it easier to kill, but not get any loot.

I was thinking that we could maybe reuse the current ubers as minibosses in the same areas, or as random DG bosses. I've also thought of making "nightmare" versions of some ubers, which would make them much more difficult, but drop a bit more loot for players/squads that are much more powerful than required to defeat the boss.

Also, welcome back to SS!

Thu Nov 10, 2016 10:56 pm
Main: The Shaft of Discipline
Level: 3680

My opinion:

Weakened -- No loot, but soloable.

Normal -- Current.

Upgraded -- Roughly one tech higher difficulty.

Nightmare -- Roughly two techs higher difficulty.

For perspective, a Nightmare Scorch should be intended for T20 players, because Scorch is T14-T16. T18-T19 and then T20 are two techs higher.

Nightmare Anaconda is for T22 players, because T21 and T22 are two techs above T20.

Nightmare Cybernetic Bart is for... :D

Thu Nov 10, 2016 11:59 pm