whats wrong with the aggro currently?

Fri Nov 11, 2016 8:26 am
Team: Fireflies
Main: Dr Feelgood
Level: 5893

Post Re: Aggro patch
dadadad wrote:
whats wrong with the aggro currently?

"aggro rollover" or simply tanks being completely ignored by ais after they do enough damage

Fri Nov 11, 2016 8:32 am
Team: The Unforeseen Colonies
Main: Masterful
Level: 6877

I have never experienced this issue.

Fri Nov 11, 2016 8:39 am
Contributor
Team: Eminence Front
Main: Dark Steel
Level: 9138

It happens when a zerker gets to 2 billion hate, it rolls over back to 0 hate. Something to do with a 2 bil limit with 32 bits, Ryan said (same reason why bases have maximum of 2 bil hullspace). Bobbo has fixed the aggro rollover for next patch.

Universe Map: http://www.starsonata.com/map/

Fri Nov 11, 2016 8:58 am
Main: Blizzara
Level: 6660

Wow such feature : DD

Fri Nov 11, 2016 9:15 am

DarkSteel wrote:
It happens when a zerker gets to 2 billion hate, it rolls over back to 0 hate. Something to do with a 2 bil limit with 32 bits, Ryan said (same reason why bases have maximum of 2 bil hullspace). Bobbo has fixed the aggro rollover for next patch.

And when is the next patch? I can't do my lockouts until this is fixed so can you do the patch some time this week. And fyi it doesn't go to 0, once my zerk gets too much aggro then it's completely ignored by bosses and some other AIs. They will kill the squad but they won't touch the zerk even though they appear hostile to the zerk, then no matter how much I shoot it won't change

Fri Nov 11, 2016 9:40 am
Contributor
Main: Dark Steel
Level: 9138

The White Wizard2 wrote:
DarkSteel wrote:

And when is the next patch? I can't do my lockouts until this is fixed so can you do the patch some time this week. And fyi it doesn't go to 0, once my zerk gets too much aggro then it's completely ignored by bosses and some other AIs. They will kill the squad but they won't touch the zerk even though they appear hostile to the zerk, then no matter how much I shoot it won't change

Thats not up to me. You'd have to ask Jey. You could temporarily decrease your hostility a little, that will slow down the hate building.

And yeah it does roll over to 0, which means every other character in your squad has much more hate to the boss from healing and DPSing the boss than your zerker does. That's why it targets everything else before the zerker.

Universe Map: http://www.starsonata.com/map/

Fri Nov 11, 2016 9:44 am
over 9000!
Main: enkelin
Level: 5600

In the meantime, just don't fire constantly with you Zerk. That should do the job?

Hi, I'm Anil, a long-time player turned developer. I am Star Sonata's lead content developer, which means that I run weekly dev meetings and make sure that any proposed changes to the game receive proper review before going live.

http://www.starsonata.com/features

Fri Nov 11, 2016 9:49 am

After it kills all alts other than zerk it doesn't shoot the zerk. I can hit it on the zerk as much as I want and it won't shoot back. I tried decreasing the hostility back to 15k% but it didn't change anything, the zerk would still be completely ignored by ais after a short while.

Fri Nov 11, 2016 9:58 am
Main: darklord
Level: 3881

you could do a screen capture (video) to show them what happens so they can see. as it sounds different to what they are saying

Fri Nov 11, 2016 10:18 am
over 9000!
Main: enkelin
Level: 5600

The White Wizard2 wrote:
After it kills all alts other than zerk it doesn't shoot the zerk. I can hit it on the zerk as much as I want and it won't shoot back. I tried decreasing the hostility back to 15k% but it didn't change anything, the zerk would still be completely ignored by ais after a short while.

I wonder if Hostility is a signed int. If so, you could have rolled over to max negative hostility, which would probably make the AI uninterested in shooting you.

Hi, I'm Anil, a long-time player turned developer. I am Star Sonata's lead content developer, which means that I run weekly dev meetings and make sure that any proposed changes to the game receive proper review before going live.

http://www.starsonata.com/features

Fri Nov 11, 2016 10:22 am
Content Dev
Team: JMC
Main: Blue Dwarf
Level: 2067

anilv wrote:
The White Wizard2 wrote:

I wonder if Hostility is a signed int. If so, you could have rolled over to max negative hostility, which would probably make the AI uninterested in shooting you.

It was, but then Jey fixed the hostility thing (it's already live).

However, AI use a prioritising target/goal system (including bosses), where your priority (for high hostility) is:
priority = Max(HowHated(sob->owner()), 350.0);
the Max function would return a double (floating point number, up to 10*300 or so), but priority is a 32 bit int (-2^31 to 2^31-1, or -2.147b to 2.147b in range).

Jey fixed that as well this week, so that might be soon?

Support

Fri Nov 11, 2016 1:02 pm