Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 69 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next
Team: Salt and Pepper
Main: Freakachu
Level: 4759

Post Re: Time for BvB changes
I dont personaly agree with having invulnerability at lower dfs
Becouse that only benefits multi accounters more

Mon Nov 14, 2016 2:33 pm
Team: Deep Space Federation
Main: Rize
Level: 4002

Sypom3 wrote:
I dont personaly agree with having invulnerability at lower dfs
Becouse that only benefits multi accounters more

I don't think multi accounters would even be bothered with the lower DFs?

Nothing wrong with a safe haven for a pirate team either imo, adds to the spice of the game. They would be limited to tech 20 though.

Perhaps a connecting gal limit of 2 or 3 gals is a good idea? We are talking about the next step of skill & experience gathering after all.

My main points are...
- Ability to practice base skills
- Being able to build gear & equipment up to tech 20
- A non BvB threat environment

Really enjoying the constructive replies and if you guys have some ideas yourselves feel free to post them.

Mon Nov 14, 2016 3:34 pm
Team: Cybernetic Trading Co.
Main: Danger
Level: 7164

The reason why you can't build t20 stuff in Earthforce Space is so you can't build amazing things without being killed. If you want to build better stuff you need to either get with a strong team so you won't die or build strong enough to not let players be able to wipe you easily. It's bad to have pirate teams building expensive things without having the threat of the teams they assaulted taking them out. Also Wild space is the only place you can own galaxies (besides those few special gals) and you can't PvB without owning a gal so that would enable Pirate teams to own an unkillable gal so they can kill newbies with ease.

Mon Nov 14, 2016 3:55 pm

Danger wrote:
The reason why you can't build t20 stuff in Earthforce Space is so you can't build amazing things without being killed. If you want to build better stuff you need to either get with a strong team so you won't die or build strong enough to not let players be able to wipe you easily. It's bad to have pirate teams building expensive things without having the threat of the teams they assaulted taking them out. Also Wild space is the only place you can own galaxies (besides those few special gals) and you can't PvB without owning a gal so that would enable Pirate teams to own an unkillable gal so they can kill newbies with ease.

Recently there has been much anticipated higher tech base gear introduced for the more established players to build & play with. We mentioned pirate teams but this is not the main point I'm making, they would still be limited to T20 and in a non BvBable environment. They couldn't just go in and blast other players gals to shit.

I'm not a pacifist care bear person. I understand that PvP, PvB, BvB is all part of the SS fabric & its great that its there. It keeps us on our toes & makes us build better stuff. But to get to a stage where you can build this great new stuff of tech 21+ I feel the game is missing a basic base building training/experience area of the game.

I like this comment you made... (If you want to build better stuff you need to either get with a strong team so you won't die or build strong enough to not let players be able to wipe you easily).

By making this comment you obviously realize there is an issue here. Getting with a strong team could also be viewed as larger teams having a monopoly over the game which could limit a newer players options of how THEY want to play the game.

And, how are they supposed to (build stronger) with a potential BvB threat?

Food for thought? Keep the posts coming.

Mon Nov 14, 2016 4:24 pm
over 9000!
Main: enkelin
Level: 5600

possum wrote:
Recently there has been much anticipated higher tech base gear introduced for the more established players to build & play with.

What content are you referring to?

I think you are misunderstanding some basic game mechanics, perhaps because you haven't built in three unis. For over a uni now, bases have come equipped with basebound X gear. This means that you no longer need to build base gear to have bases. It also means that if you are unlucky enough to lose a galaxy, the cost of rebuilding elsewhere is not very high.

Hi, I'm Anil, a long-time player turned developer. I am Star Sonata's lead content developer, which means that I run weekly dev meetings and make sure that any proposed changes to the game receive proper review before going live.

http://www.starsonata.com/features

Mon Nov 14, 2016 4:29 pm

You can build a decent gal of t16 kits. If you have a team of ~2-3 people who leveled a few of their alts, you could have 5 t16 kits for each player, and the rest be used for ExE slots for the planets. Go like 4 t16 hps, 1 SL t16, and the rest for dps with grem drones and the ExE having weapons/hps would allow the gal to defend vs medium attacks. The main cost would be the augs, kits, SL, mags/shield trans, OLs and Overchargers. Doesn't have to be dem/ada kits can be lac t16 kits.
If an endgame team blows you outa Wildspace, then either politically you angered them or they are being jerks which some other teams would defend you (like RF).
If you want help with base setups I don't mind helping.

Mon Nov 14, 2016 4:33 pm
Main: The Shaft of Discipline
Level: 3680

1. Bases come with basebound Tier 1 gear. Losing the galaxy is not crippling as it was in prior times.

2. Bases come with capability to build Tier 2 and Tier 3 version gear. Adamantium gear is roughly equal to Tier 1.5.

3. Bases come with ability to build powerful galaxybound permanent drones. Platforms are damage, Defenders are heals, and assault are mobile drones that follow the owner around and have half the range of Platforms.

4. You can get Junkyard Extractors, Extensions, and Hydroponics if you really don't want to invest in proper industry equipment. You should (as they are a different item altogether) be able to use Junkyard and normal, etc. Extractors at the same time. Junkyard gear is basebound once equipped.

5. Bases and Permanent Drones have a recoil cap of 0.5 seconds and have stupid damage per hit. The damage per second is unchanged.

6. Being on a team helps a lot. Granted a few of the teams listed above are solo one man teams, you don't have to (and it's heavily discouraged) to try solo building. This is an MMORPG, emphasis on the MMO part. You're expected to group up some of the time.

Mon Nov 14, 2016 4:39 pm

anilv wrote:
possum wrote:
Recently there has been much anticipated higher tech base gear introduced for the more established players to build & play with.

What content are you referring to?

I think you are misunderstanding some basic game mechanics, perhaps because you haven't built in three unis. For over a uni now, bases have come equipped with basebound X gear. This means that you no longer need to build base gear to have bases. It also means that if you are unlucky enough to lose a galaxy, the cost of rebuilding elsewhere is not very high.

Thanks Enk, you are correct. I was wrong when I assumed that there was T21 base gear available, there isn't - yet. And that's awesome about the base bound gear, I will be checking that out.

But my comments don't detract from my previous points regarding being in a secure environment to be able to learn the next phase of base skills. Being able to practice & gain experience in a limited capacity as a stepping stone to better base knowledge without feeling the need to join a major team I think is something that's needed.

As an example. A new arrival to WS just owned 1 or 2 gals and probably spent the best part of a day setting up bases, running slaves & laying drones in what the more established player would class as a (weak gal). The threat of BvB action is high.

As you well know a player doesn't have to really do much to piss off another player. Even a minor adverse comment in allchat could be enough to have those gals wiped & then the new player is left looking at dead slaves, blown bases & possible loss of any builds that were building. Rather than repair, rebuild or retaliate he would probably just walk away. This is only an example & no, it hasn't happened to me.

Having that secure non BvB environment to be able to learn the next phase of base skills is important.

Mon Nov 14, 2016 5:10 pm

Which that is Earthforce space. You build in there an nothing but ai can attack you, which any ai in there can't dent an adonis kit.

Mon Nov 14, 2016 5:42 pm

Thanks Danger.

I understand what your saying about EF layer but I'm talking about what comes next for a player after EF layer.

Next step is WS which is where I believe there should be some initial limited safeguard so the player/team can build up to tech 20 & gain experience in this environment before totally exposing themselves.

Mon Nov 14, 2016 6:09 pm
over 9000!

Now that pretty strong termites have been given a test in Wild Space, I would be willing to discuss putting them in EF Warp 2 and expanding buildable space there. That would give players a chance to take the training wheels off a bit while still being immune to BvB.

Hi, I'm Anil, a long-time player turned developer. I am Star Sonata's lead content developer, which means that I run weekly dev meetings and make sure that any proposed changes to the game receive proper review before going live.

Mon Nov 14, 2016 6:23 pm

That would work if players could build tech 20 gear & items and such building wasn't available to F2Ps. Otherwise we are back to WS.

Mon Nov 14, 2016 6:35 pm
Team: Salt and Pepper
Main: Freakachu
Level: 4759

I agree with some way to allow teams to not get killed if they build in ws w2, or w1. But it shouldnt be permanent (like a month or so of invulnerability would be more than enough) and if the team takes agressive action against other team, they should loose that invulnerability

Mon Nov 14, 2016 6:45 pm
over 9000!

possum wrote:
That would work if players could build tech 20 gear & items and such building wasn't available to F2Ps. Otherwise we are back to WS.

Yes, but at least they would have had some experience building against tough opposition (the new termites are pretty strong).

Mon Nov 14, 2016 8:27 pm
Team: Star Revolution X
Main: topbuzzz
Level: 8015

What sort of experience are you looking to get in this new safe environment that you can't get in ef?

Tue Nov 15, 2016 2:01 am
Profile WWW
Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 69 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next