Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 69 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next
Team: Eminence Front
Main: The Shaft of Discipline
Level: 3680

Post Re: Time for BvB changes
Can't do that. I mean, potentially, code wise, you could. But Jeff would need to hire a programmer to do that. I'm sure there are more important things. Xonok also got bored of basing.

Jeff likes f2p bases because it makes the game feel more populated.

Fri Nov 18, 2016 8:28 am
over 9000!
Main: enkelin
Level: 5600

The most evil termites are basically Achilles bases with Ach Pulse Guns. :twisted:

Hi, I'm Anil, a long-time player turned developer. I am Star Sonata's lead content developer, which means that I run weekly dev meetings and make sure that any proposed changes to the game receive proper review before going live.

http://www.starsonata.com/features

Fri Nov 18, 2016 5:34 pm

anilv wrote:
The most evil termites are basically Achilles bases with Ach Pulse Guns. :twisted:

10k range Achilles Pulses?

Bana Mounds had >10k range Jiji Qa's. Someone gave them a lower bound range of w1, and so one popped up in our galaxy (Enkelin was some noob in a Hotrod then) and proceeded to kill about 12 Ambrosia bases in under a minute.

Rip bases.

Fri Nov 18, 2016 6:33 pm
Main: ShawnMcCall
Level: 2589

anilv wrote:

I would say that's a good option then for bases in w2 EF. The idea people are pushing is a good place to learn, EF allows people to get a feel for building, and w2 as a hostile (AI only environment) will lead to some bases getting knocked out, however they will be AI killed so the base owner doesn't have to worry about a player leaving 5 ada kits in there to stop them from taking it back. Basically they can just roll back in there and burn some repair kits and make the kits better.

Trial by fire basically. They won't have to move into wildspace not knowing if they are functional builders until they get attacked. They will get to watch their bases fight and grow as they improve in those areas.

Fri Nov 18, 2016 6:50 pm
Team: iwnh
Main: iwnh015
Level: 1506

anilv wrote:
iwnh01 wrote:
Was that not addressed by making ownership in wild space a requirement to attack?

That does help things a bit. It's still possible to lay a bogus HQ somewhere just to get PvB ability. Maybe we should require people to build a certain holoprojector on their HQ in order to unlock PvB, once the universe has reached civilized state.

Sounds like a pretty good idea to me :)

Sat Nov 19, 2016 1:28 am
Team: Deep Space Federation
Main: Rize
Level: 3884

And just as I thought, I woke up this morning to find that Ada Souls has declared war on my little enterprise of 3 gals of Wild Space DF 90, DF 105 & DF90.

4441, Xan DarkHeart, Shavarath of Ada Souls leave this enterprise alone & meet instead for pvp. You have better base skills but I doubt you will beat me & mow (Dave) in 1 on 1 PVP,

So here I am trying to mine the comods to build anni drones & try & build better base gear. This is exactly the point I was making when I started this thread. That being... under resourced players/teams that try & get ahead & build better gear simply cant because a better resourced team wont allow this to happen.

This is monopolizing of the game to a stronger teams advantage & shouldn't be allowed to happen.

Sat Nov 19, 2016 10:54 am

I see you have 4 or 5 accounts on your team. Assuming we just straight T16 everything, that's over a hundred bases you can deploy. How does 5 bana kits beat 100 T16s...even Junkyard T16s, is way beyond me. Even spread across three galaxies, that's still 33+ bases per galaxy against... 5.

Sat Nov 19, 2016 4:17 pm

Pontius123 wrote:
I see you have 4 or 5 accounts on your team. Assuming we just straight T16 everything, that's over a hundred bases you can deploy. How does 5 bana kits beat 100 T16s...even Junkyard T16s, is way beyond me. Even spread across three galaxies, that's still 33+ bases per galaxy against... 5.

Great question, let me put it to you like this...

Even if I had the time to do it your way because you know... r/l needs me to.
100x T16 probably need at least 3 junk hydros per so thats 300 of those + probably a bunch of other stuff each base will need. Oh... and the scrapnotes as well :P

I come back to my main point which is...
Players/teams that haven't got T20 base gear need to be able to build it from a starting point without the THREAT of being BvBd. I am talking ada reinforced damps, armada sensors, ada superlasers, Achilles augs, spirit augs etc etc

You guys know what I'm saying. I want to build this stuff, not just pop down a loaded or junk kit. I want to have a great gal to take pride in.

But hey, I like your style. 100x T16s plonked down would certainly look impressive.

Sat Nov 19, 2016 7:46 pm
Team: Cybernetic Trading Co.
Main: Danger
Level: 7164

Or, you could do some calcumulations, and make a decent fortified galaxy for a low price. Doesn't have to be junk kits, doesn't have to be dem/ada kits. One can make a decent galaxy out of fortified/laconia kits if they put some numbers together. There's 2 different base calculators you can use to test setups, or crunch the number's yourself. Many people on here will help you if you get stuck with calculations. Which reminds me to update my public base calculator.
https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/ ... 1004531504
Tell me if anything is broken or seems weird and i'll check it out/ fix it.

Sat Nov 19, 2016 8:46 pm
Main: ShawnMcCall
Level: 2589

Danger wrote:
Or, you could do some calcumulations, and make a decent fortified galaxy for a low price. Doesn't have to be junk kits, doesn't have to be dem/ada kits. One can make a decent galaxy out of fortified/laconia kits if they put some numbers together. There's 2 different base calculators you can use to test setups, or crunch the number's yourself. Many people on here will help you if you get stuck with calculations. Which reminds me to update my public base calculator.
https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/ ... 1004531504
Tell me if anything is broken or seems weird and i'll check it out/ fix it.

Ummm.... can you just like tell me the augs I should use instead?

Sat Nov 19, 2016 8:50 pm

I plonked down a T16 base which I'm using as a shop. Full gear equipped is actually below the 25 workers the ration dynamo sustains. All I need to do is keep it fueled, which is not a big deal at all.

Sat Nov 19, 2016 9:42 pm
Team: Cybernetic Trading Co.
Main: Danger
Level: 7164

Normal setups (My opinion):
-Hps setup is 2 assault, damage, station aug for the tech (Mechanic t10, Technician t15, Engineer t20) with Argo/Achilles Overloader and shield harmonic OC.
-Dps i'd go with 2 Dam, Firing, Barr with Adonis/Andaman/Annihilator Overloader and plasma conduit OC.
-Don't forget about the SL kit, which would be Dam, Firing, Barr, Range/outpost + Volatile projectile Overcharger and Adonis/Andaman OLs.

Can get Station Tweaking to help beef the bases, 2 in Shadow for 5 silver bars per, 4 in biologique for 5 gold bars per. Then it's the station crests to 18.

Weapons would be shield trans only for hps, dps will have Mag, Laser, Pulse. SL will only have the Superlaser equipped, nothing else.

Once you got bases down, put a bunch of Qafir+ drones down for grem, augged 2 Adonis range, Adonis firing, std. resist. This would be a decent setup to stall many pvb groups.

Sat Nov 19, 2016 10:51 pm

Danger wrote:
Normal setups (My opinion):
-Hps setup is 2 assault, damage, station aug for the tech (Mechanic t10, Technician t15, Engineer t20) with Argo/Achilles Overloader and shield harmonic OC.
-Dps i'd go with 2 Dam, Firing, Barr with Adonis/Andaman/Annihilator Overloader and plasma conduit OC.
-Don't forget about the SL kit, which would be Dam, Firing, Barr, Range/outpost + Volatile projectile Overcharger and Adonis/Andaman OLs.

Can get Station Tweaking to help beef the bases, 2 in Shadow for 5 silver bars per, 4 in biologique for 5 gold bars per. Then it's the station crests to 18.

Weapons would be shield trans only for hps, dps will have Mag, Laser, Pulse. SL will only have the Superlaser equipped, nothing else.

Once you got bases down, put a bunch of Qafir+ drones down for grem, augged 2 Adonis range, Adonis firing, std. resist. This would be a decent setup to stall many pvb groups.

Yep yep great stuff & info...

Some of what you mentioned like the augs still need to be built. And other stuff you would want to upgrade... which SHOULD be done without the threat of BvB.

Otherwise you end up laying bases, making a prod, organizing commod slaves etc etc with that very real threat of BvB hanging over your heads.

Sun Nov 20, 2016 2:04 am
Team: Star Revolution X
Main: topbuzzz
Level: 8015

what will you say if they make your safe zone, you make the gear in safety, and Ada souls still wipes you when you move into the next unsafe zone?

Sun Nov 20, 2016 3:05 am
Profile WWW
Main: The Shaft of Punishment
Level: 0

possum wrote:
Otherwise you end up laying bases, making a prod, organizing commod slaves etc etc with that very real threat of BvB hanging over your heads.

I built all my T16 augs and kits in EF space.

Sun Nov 20, 2016 9:44 am
Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 69 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next