over 9000!
Main: enkelin
Level: 5600

Post Re: Time for BvB changes
possum wrote:
Danger wrote:
Normal setups (My opinion):
-Hps setup is 2 assault, damage, station aug for the tech (Mechanic t10, Technician t15, Engineer t20) with Argo/Achilles Overloader and shield harmonic OC.
-Dps i'd go with 2 Dam, Firing, Barr with Adonis/Andaman/Annihilator Overloader and plasma conduit OC.
-Don't forget about the SL kit, which would be Dam, Firing, Barr, Range/outpost + Volatile projectile Overcharger and Adonis/Andaman OLs.

Can get Station Tweaking to help beef the bases, 2 in Shadow for 5 silver bars per, 4 in biologique for 5 gold bars per. Then it's the station crests to 18.

Weapons would be shield trans only for hps, dps will have Mag, Laser, Pulse. SL will only have the Superlaser equipped, nothing else.

Once you got bases down, put a bunch of Qafir+ drones down for grem, augged 2 Adonis range, Adonis firing, std. resist. This would be a decent setup to stall many pvb groups.

Yep yep great stuff & info...

Some of what you mentioned like the augs still need to be built. And other stuff you would want to upgrade... which SHOULD be done without the threat of BvB.

Otherwise you end up laying bases, making a prod, organizing commod slaves etc etc with that very real threat of BvB hanging over your heads.

How long does it take you to set up a prod to build a few Spirit augs? BvB takes 24 hours minimum to go live.

Hi, I'm Anil, a long-time player turned developer. I am Star Sonata's lead content developer, which means that I run weekly dev meetings and make sure that any proposed changes to the game receive proper review before going live.

http://www.starsonata.com/features

Sun Nov 20, 2016 5:14 pm
Team: Deep Space Federation
Main: Rize
Level: 3884

Soooo build a 24hr prod? Why would anyone want to do a 24hr prod? :shock:

I would like to think a prod has a greater shelf life than 24 hours, like maybe a whole uni?

And besides the base augs there is other stuff that takes more than 24 hours to build like the different things you have to pre-build to get to ada gear "as an example".

Trying to build decent required base gear just cant be done if you are inexperienced & still learning and/or part of a small team. The threat of BvB under these conditions is real and places negative implications on new or inexperienced players.

Yes, there really does need to be a T20 build safe zone for p2p. Not T21+... just T20.

Fri Nov 25, 2016 4:35 pm
Main: The Shaft of Punishment
Level: 0

Every and any base kit deployed comes with Tier 1 gear.
YOU as the defender can deploy multiple bases into a galaxy.
YOU as the defender have access to perma drones.
YOU as the defender are not limited to 5 bases by default.

There is no need to build Legacy gear from the get go. Tier 2 gear can be built in a space of a week for raw materials. The threat of BVB even from 13 is not that great. What people have you pissed off to find an enemy outpost next to your territory within an hour of deploying your galaxy? The entire playerbase?

This is an MMORPG. We kind of expect you, if you have pissed of so many people, or are trying to build in high level galaxies, to have more than one account or person backing you up. Saddling up next to Traders alone and with only one account is not something you do alone.

It takes a minimum of 24 hours before an enemy team can initiate BVB on you, and at first they can only deploy 5 siege kits. If 5 bases is not enough, they need to sit there, waste 100b credits worth of material and a week's worth of time plus defend their *own* production base per Station Slot Amp. There are only a handful of galaxies that are worth sitting there for weeks to get enough amps to siege it, and I seriously doubt yours is one of them.

With one single other person, or two accounts if I'm lazy, I can lock down most galaxies and protect them from BVB...WITH JUNKYARD KITS. As long as I don't have a super duper ultra rare super good galaxy, no one is going to bother me as long as I keep our heads down.

So I don't see how you have instant BVB threat the second you deploy bases.

Fri Nov 25, 2016 5:09 pm

pontius456 wrote:
Every and any base kit deployed comes with Tier 1 gear.
YOU as the defender can deploy multiple bases into a galaxy.
YOU as the defender have access to perma drones.
YOU as the defender are not limited to 5 bases by default.

There is no need to build Legacy gear from the get go. Tier 2 gear can be built in a space of a week for raw materials. The threat of BVB even from 13 is not that great. What people have you pissed off to find an enemy outpost next to your territory within an hour of deploying your galaxy? The entire playerbase?

This is an MMORPG. We kind of expect you, if you have pissed of so many people, or are trying to build in high level galaxies, to have more than one account or person backing you up. Saddling up next to Traders alone and with only one account is not something you do alone.

It takes a minimum of 24 hours before an enemy team can initiate BVB on you, and at first they can only deploy 5 siege kits. If 5 bases is not enough, they need to sit there, waste 100b credits worth of material and a week's worth of time plus defend their *own* production base per Station Slot Amp. There are only a handful of galaxies that are worth sitting there for weeks to get enough amps to siege it, and I seriously doubt yours is one of them.

With one single other person, or two accounts if I'm lazy, I can lock down most galaxies and protect them from BVB...WITH JUNKYARD KITS. As long as I don't have a super duper ultra rare super good galaxy, no one is going to bother me as long as I keep our heads down.

So I don't see how you have instant BVB threat the second you deploy bases.

WTF :roll:

Hey your entitled to your opinion and its more than welcome but you assume to much & state them as fact when in fact, the statements are unfounded.

I am pops, mows dad. As far as I know I have zero enemies and in fact lotsa friends here on SS. The aim of the post as Ive made it perfectly clear is to outline a generalized problem with BvB and the implications it presents to new & inexperienced players.

I haven't attacked anything you have said at all, in fact I have encouraged yours & others views on this and any other subject within this thread. I do appreciate your input but please don't go on the attack with unfounded statements.

Love - Pops :mrgreen:

Fri Nov 25, 2016 6:43 pm
over 9000!
Main: enkelin
Level: 5600

Hey pops! :D

I still think you're looking at this the wrong way. It doesn't cost anything of note to build bases anymore. It doesn't cost much to set up a prod. So in the worst case (you get outposted the minute you drop your kits) you still have plenty of time to get a few builds in. More likely, you should have a week, a month, maybe even most of a uni to get builds done. There is no particular need to build the old base gear, unless you are planning to go on the offensive and BvB with some top-end bases.

It just seems like you are insisting on progression in a way that isn't particularly useful to a player at your situation. Sure, long-term you could always go for some high end base gear and augs. But I don't see the point right now.

Note that it takes 8 days to set up a BvB of more than 5 kits. It shouldn't be that hard to build a cheap gal that can't be destroyed with 5 kits.

Hi, I'm Anil, a long-time player turned developer. I am Star Sonata's lead content developer, which means that I run weekly dev meetings and make sure that any proposed changes to the game receive proper review before going live.

http://www.starsonata.com/features

Fri Nov 25, 2016 6:51 pm

Great points as usual & welcomed.

What I'm advocating is a zero BvB threat scenario. Personally I have in storage maybe 15 full sets of ada gear including base augs etc but this stuff was built under the protection of a large team umbrella (EF).

For those players that are ready to take the next base gear build step & invest maybe 100bil+ on building ada base gear and high end costly builds, they SHOULD be able to do this without the sniff of a threat of BvB action from a player or team that wants to upset this process. And like I said, a T20 restriction would give them incentive to build the better gear, gain base gear experience and then move on to T21+ builds in general WS territory.

I do think I have a valid point and it is worth considering.

Fri Nov 25, 2016 7:19 pm

Already outlined it, build in the low DF galaxies. Rendghast and I went scanning through w1 and w2 Wild Space and they are absolute trash. If you're a small team looking for some place to build, no one is realistically going to strike at your team to take over the resources, which is the main point about BVB nowadays: To take the resources of the galaxy.

There is someone who insists on ending 13's life in Wild Space, which to that I say good luck. No one can permanently force anyone out of Wild Space without taking over every single unowned galaxy in Wild Space. The defenders can make any attacker's life miserable with relative ease, which combined with the poor low DF galaxies and keeping your head down and not antagonizing anyone....

..No one is coming after you as long as you have some measure of defenses. Don't need Ada T20s to beat off 13.

Fri Nov 25, 2016 11:11 pm
Team: Star Revolution X
Main: topbuzzz
Level: 8015

People rarely Bvb for actual resources it's mostly griefs or real wars.
I think it's the greifs like 13 they don't like

Sat Nov 26, 2016 2:39 am
Profile WWW

sabre198 wrote:
People rarely Bvb for actual resources it's mostly griefs or real wars.
I think it's the greifs like 13 they don't like

Well, with Master Nerf Lord Enkelin prowling around, anyone wanting to step on people because they're emotional little twats that need an ego boost is going to have to go through a hell of a lot more trouble to do so.

Sat Nov 26, 2016 3:21 am