Team: Deep Space Federation
Main: Rize
Level: 3884

Post Time for BvB changes
This thread isn't meant for you established base layers who have spent 100s of bils on base gear, bana kits, ada kits etc.

This thread is to raise awareness and hopefully support of a profound imbalance in regards to bases laid in wild space by teams that haven't got there yet with uber base gear or even ok base gear.

If a player or team with limited resources wants to lay bases in WS with the current game play as it is, they are probably going to get BvBd & lose their gals, base gear & any builds they have going.

How are they supposed to progress with creating better gear & getting ahead in the game if they are under CONSTANT threat of BvB? Its a no win scenario for either party. The up & coming player/team feels like they have been royally fucked up the ass sideways & the BvBer doesn't want that crappy base gear anyway.

One thought I had was to have non BvBable DF factors. eg: You cant BvB any WS galaxies DF 120 and lower. This would provide a much needed buffer to start building better gear so they can progress on to where the better comods & ruins are in the higher DFs. Put a maximum build tech of 20 in these gals. Tech 21+ are for the higher Dfs.

There's a lot of disgruntled players out there I reckon that are keen P2P SS players but at the moment they are being screwed by high tech BvBers who can just stroll on into a gal & rape the shit out of it, laugh & move on.

I personally haven't laid base gear in a constructive manner in 3 unis because my non uber gear is still pricey & I don't want to lose it.

Its time for a change.

Sun Nov 13, 2016 10:51 pm
Team: Eminence Front
Main: The Shaft of Discipline
Level: 3680

Post Re: Time for BvB changes
What are you talking about?

Infernal Empire, Dork Matter, Sheilds, Seele Piraten, The Offspring, Calculated Drift, Thesilents, Zephyr, The League of Gentlemen, Deep Space Federation, Rendition, and Salt & Pepper are all noob teams with a wild space presence of various degrees.

Sun Nov 13, 2016 11:48 pm
over 9000!
Main: enkelin
Level: 5600

What is this pricey non-uber gear you speak of? Bases have come with full basebound gear for a uni now.

Hi, I'm Anil, a long-time player turned developer. I am Star Sonata's lead content developer, which means that I run weekly dev meetings and make sure that any proposed changes to the game receive proper review before going live.

http://www.starsonata.com/features

Sun Nov 13, 2016 11:48 pm

anilv wrote:
What is this pricey non-uber gear you speak of? Bases have come with full basebound gear for a uni now.

I first thought he was referring to one of our lower level members plopping down an Argonaut base in Nembus at behest of a SNP member, only to see it nuked by a pair of Dem T20s and a bunch of Platforms a few hours later...

Sun Nov 13, 2016 11:50 pm
Team: Commonwealth
Main: Fyuryus
Level: 3451

A demented kit or two, some augs, and you're safe from most of the pirates in this game.
If you're unlucky enough to get BvBd you have 24 hours to respond, ideally you built kits in reserve to handle this situation and can deploy them. Don't start fights with anyone. You should be a ghost team.

You don't even need to build anything but weapons now. My team started with a single low DF wildspace gal 3 universes ago, so it is possible to progress but it's a team effort and an investment. If you make the investment, the entire team is behind it, and you were smart it's not hard.

If you have questions pm me. viewtopic.php?f=17&t=60565 is also very helpful, even if it doesn't account the latest rof and dmg changes the dps is accurate. Fly around the galaxies of other established teams. See what they use and how they are using it.

Sun Nov 13, 2016 11:51 pm

All great replies & you are 100% correct in what your saying. But my main point still hasn't filtered in and that is...

there should be zero threat of BvB in the lower DFs I am referring to.

Give the new guys & those with limited resources & experience some peace of mind of building stuff without threat. Lets be honest here, developing players/teams wouldn't know how to BvB anyway so why subject them to the threat?

The game is about progression in stages. In my thinking this is a stage along the way of getting better gear & base building experience. What's wrong with that?

Not trying to steal anyone's thunder or undermine your magnificent abilities that you have taken time to build & probably under the umbrella of a decently ranked & resourced team.

Let the new & inexperienced have some protection & security. You wouldn't even want the lower DFs as your resources are better suited higher up right?

Mon Nov 14, 2016 12:08 am
over 9000!
Main: enkelin
Level: 5600

They can build in the EF layer if they have no clue what they're doing. Plenty of mid-level teams have been building in the WS layer and doing just fine. At this point, even if you do lose your galaxy you will have lost very little of value since we've made bases come with gear. This is great because it means the cost of failing and rebuilding is much lower than it used to be, allowing people to learn from their failures instead of simply quitting in frustration.

Hi, I'm Anil, a long-time player turned developer. I am Star Sonata's lead content developer, which means that I run weekly dev meetings and make sure that any proposed changes to the game receive proper review before going live.

http://www.starsonata.com/features

Mon Nov 14, 2016 12:10 am

I hear what your saying Enk and ofc you make very valid points.

Again I come back to having a ZERO threat scenario whilst developing up to tech level 20 base gear & items. And EF layer is restricted to tech level 19.

I cant see why lower WS DFs up to DF 120 wouldn't work. Everyone wins as far as I can determine. The ability to build base gear & items up to Tech level 20 without threat is very appealing.

Mon Nov 14, 2016 12:38 am
Contributor
Team: Star Revolution X
Main: Hober Mallow
Level: 4886

If you build in the lowest DF possible in Wild Space, you're literally building on the edge of the map. I don't think anyone even cares about that since the majority of it is empty.

Mon Nov 14, 2016 1:36 am
Main: Rendghast
Level: 3504

I would like to (again) propose opening up EF W2 to build-able space, with the added threat of actual Termite Mounds (W2 only) so players have to learn to build decent bases or see them destroyed. This would adequately function as the jump step the above person is talking about. In addition, i (again) recommend the "sun patern" WS layout i showed people last uni, so there are lots of side pockets for lower level teams to hide in.

I could repeat this four or five more times if people have trouble understanding it... :? :mrgreen: 8)

Mon Nov 14, 2016 5:00 am
Team: The Unforeseen Colonies
Main: Masterful
Level: 6877

Did you know putting your opinion in a bigger font size makes it more correct

Mon Nov 14, 2016 5:53 am
Team: Star Revolution X
Main: topbuzzz
Level: 8015

MasterTrader wrote:
If you build in the lowest DF possible in Wild Space, you're literally building on the edge of the map. I don't think anyone even cares about that since the majority of it is empty.

this is where the grievers farm young pups

Mon Nov 14, 2016 6:01 am
Profile WWW

1. No one cares about the trash galaxies. There has been only two conflicts so far for the trash galaxies. 13's general behavior is one. Lazerus outposting against Curse is the other.

2. It is very easy for a team to block off access to interior galaxies by building on the edge. I counted no less than 6 unused galaxies clusters where there are only two or three entrances. A further 4 can be found if you kick the nooby teams in them, out.

3. Bases are very easy to deploy and losses are relatively low. The only galaxy that might see a huge loss if killed is the prod location, which would almost assuredly be your most defended galaxy at that time. Also read point 1.

Mon Nov 14, 2016 7:22 am

Masterful wrote:
Did you know putting your opinion in a bigger font size makes it more correct

A bigger font helps guys like me that wear glasses with lenses the thickness of a hubble telescope easier to read :P

Mon Nov 14, 2016 12:51 pm

MasterTrader wrote:

[size=150]You would think that no one would care about these lower DFs and that generalization is absolutely correct for the established basers with good gear & base experience.

What I'm advocating is a protection against BvB for those people that are about to step up a huge investment in building base gear & items up to tech 20. This is their NEXT learning curve along the same lines as base missions in EF layer.

Having this sort of protection is like getting laid... very satisfying :)

Mon Nov 14, 2016 1:00 pm