Team: Deep Space Federation
Main: Rendghast
Level: 3504

Post SOL lag Brainstorming thread
I think we all by now have noticed the lag in sol, some even crashing their clients as they jump in. Now, though some might argue it has always been thus, i would like to point out a few simple facts.

1) Up until last july, DSF traditionally ran DSF Parade in sol at the end of every uni. ALl members who wished to set up the wild slaves to do a warp point to warp point circle around sol. This was upwards of a hundred ships warping in and out of sol for a week at exactly the time most people where cleaning up their bases. Undoubtedly, had Sol lag been as bad as it currently is, we would have gotten a string of complaints about this behavior, but none where ever posted.

2) I have videos of my jumping into sol and experiencing no lag as late as last September. These include a dozen healer drones firing all at the same time with no lag.

The conclusion i reach is that the SOl lag is a relatively recent phenomenon, and thus cannot be blamed on

a) The amount of people in sol, as we have been loosing players steadily for years.

b) The amount of "Effects" in sol, as the multi healing drones would top anything going on currently.

c) The amount of bots in sol, as DSF parade would top anything going on currently

d) The amount of "Backround activity" in sol, as unless content has massively changed and not been turned on, the activity level is the same or less then before.

I have heard rumors that someone put in a new Graphix Codec, and am currently asking if it is possible that this is he origin of the sol lag. Otherwise, could we all possibly brainstorm when precisely the lag started and what revisions occurred at about that time? If steam gets us 500 people jumping from deep space to sol all at once, i we are going to steam release into the worst crash fest the server has ever seen.

Sat Nov 19, 2016 4:57 pm
Team: Commonwealth
Main: Fyuryus
Level: 3451

Post Re: SOL lag Brainstorming thread
I hadn't noticed a difference.

Sat Nov 19, 2016 5:12 pm
Main: ShawnMcCall
Level: 2589

I've, been seeing this a lot, and I am pretty sure it has a lot to do with the annoying bullshit slaves people keep dropping in there.

Sat Nov 19, 2016 8:38 pm
Team: Eminence Front
Main: The Shaft of Discipline
Level: 3680

I think it's the Compiler that Jey changed.

Sat Nov 19, 2016 9:37 pm
Main: darklord
Level: 3881

Always happens to me the first time i log a client on in the sol galaxy or the first time i go in to sol on a character that hasnt loaded sol yet. so if i have alted it will lag once, then if i alt again it will lag or if i open a new client while mcing it will do the same

Fri Nov 25, 2016 10:14 am