over 9000!
Main: enkelin
Level: 5600

Post Some proposed changes to Bana King augmenters
Hey all, we are doing a balance pass on the Bana King's augmenters. See below.

Qa'ik Urk'qii Akk'oj is being buffed, receiving +29% Critical Hit Strength with no nerfs. This decision came after I analyzed a bunch of T22 Shield Monkey setups and found that the aug needed a little more oomph to make it viable in the endgame. It should perform a lot better now without being overpowered.

Qa'ik Banu Akk'oj is getting nerfed. As it stands, it gives shield bank like a defensive ops aug, energy recharge and hull, insane resistance, and more drone ops than any other aug in the game. We all know this is completely out of line. The question is how to remedy the situation, and I'm posting here to start a conversation on some options. Please comment below on your preferences to the following nerf ideas:

- Energy Recharge and Hull Space bonuses removed.
- Drone Ops reworked to be closer to zero-sum. For example, it could be +15% Offensive Ops and -10% Defensive Ops.
- Shield bonus removed.

One thing I definitely want to do is to streamline the way this aug grants Drone Ops. It is unacceptable for it to have three different augmods all interacting with each other. It would be helpful to know which of the three Drone Ops types is considered most valuable by the players.

Qa'ik Vazuk Akk'oj is still being evaluated for possible improvements. Stay tuned.

Hi, I'm Anil, a long-time player turned developer. I am Star Sonata's lead content developer, which means that I run weekly dev meetings and make sure that any proposed changes to the game receive proper review before going live.

http://www.starsonata.com/features

Mon Dec 05, 2016 9:28 am
Team: The Great Armada
Main: Xonok6
Level: 602

Post Re: Some proposed changes to Bana King augmenters
Drone ops are split in a way that makes any specific one of them almost useless.
For combinations of 2 though, it'd definitely be Offensive + Everlasting. The only way offensive has a use alone is on drones with huge energy banks.
Everlasting alone is just useless.
Defensive alone could in theory be useful for healer drones, but that is so far from reality that it shouldn't be considered.

Mon Dec 05, 2016 10:08 am
Team: Traders
Main: Shylo Reborn
Level: 2457

You need a minimum of 2 drone ops to work for a droner as stated above.

We can do without the hull space but we can reduce the other stats accordingly. But what is there is really what is needed for a DM to even consider that aug worthy.

Compare to a t21/t22 oly/alien augging and adjust it from there, maybe make it a unique from those types.

Mon Dec 05, 2016 11:43 am
Team: Eminence Front
Main: Rhys
Level: 3919

Think keeping this aug end-game would really mean the drone-op power level should stay.

Resistance wise I lol'ed when I first saw the augmenter. Perhaps bringing it down to about 9-12% would be fine.

Not sure how I feel about the energy recharge, if that were removed, some other bonuses should be granted. The only reason the energy recharge should be removed is to prevent this augmenter from becoming Engineer best in slot x3. Some possibilities for compensation are secondary stats like tractoring, mobility (my engi feels pretty cumbersome without tweaks lol), shield/recharge, or the usual transference garbage that comes with most engi augs.

The hull is nice, but pales compared to Heph Gen. I don't see a problem with the hull bonus. The same engi with 2 gens for hull vs. 2 banu's for hull is going to end up with a few thousand more hull space depending on the ship.

I think removing the +shield component would make the augmenter pretty sub-par. I wouldn't remove it completely, but adjust it accordingly with the resistance bonus.

Mon Dec 05, 2016 11:52 am
Team: Cybernetic Trading Co.
Main: 1-800-USE_THE_FORCE!
Level: 9597

I think the Urk aug could probably use a small resist nerf with the crit strength beef. Thats a ridiculously high amount of resist from a aug that will add hps/dps, would probably see some use from other classes besides monk as well.

The engineer aug resist and drone ops are pretty absurd :lol: I think the Shield bank, elec and hull are all fine if you nerf the resist considerably to be in line with the Heph gen, samgaraha and UAoE augs. Id say the most important stat would be gen ops on it since its a common replacement for the Heph Gen augs.

The Vazuk aug i actually really like and find use for it in several situations. Its a very nice alternative to Anger aug specially since it doesnt add + vis, you can use it on a lot more setups.

Mon Dec 05, 2016 1:05 pm
Main: Momonga
Level: 6776

UAoE:
Shield +40%, Energy +40%, Energy Recharge +45%, Hull Space +5%, Drone Operations +12%, Resistance to damage +5%

Banu:

+58% Shield, +16% Energy Recharge, +7% Hull Space, +14% Drone Operations, -3% Defensive Drone Operations, +6% Everlasting Drone Operations, +19% Resistance to Damage

So basically UAoE and banu have similar drone ops and stuff, and Banu is like 9210581851 times harder to get, "Let's nerf because one aug is better than other"

5/7 devlogic

Mon Dec 05, 2016 1:15 pm
Main: Chrono Warrior
Level: 5817

anilv wrote:
Qa'ik Urk'qii Akk'oj is being buffed, receiving +29% Critical Hit Strength with no nerfs. This decision came after I analyzed a bunch of T22 Shield Monkey setups and found that the aug needed a little more oomph to make it viable in the endgame. It should perform a lot better now without being overpowered.

redalert150 wrote:
I think the Urk aug could probably use a small resist nerf with the crit strength beef. Thats a ridiculously high amount of resist from a aug that will add hps/dps, would probably see some use from other classes besides monk as well.

To be honest, I think it being viable for use in multiple classes is the point, as it stands with current stats, it's not really viable in any classes at all except with a niche setup (Trust me, I've tried to use it).

- Chrono

Mon Dec 05, 2016 1:20 pm
Team: Salt and Pepper
Main: Freakachu
Level: 4759

Banu aug is good for solo, and player killing. Not as good in groups.

Mon Dec 05, 2016 1:56 pm

Freez wrote:
UAoE:
Shield +40%, Energy +40%, Energy Recharge +45%, Hull Space +5%, Drone Operations +12%, Resistance to damage +5%

Banu:

+58% Shield, +16% Energy Recharge, +7% Hull Space, +14% Drone Operations, -3% Defensive Drone Operations, +6% Everlasting Drone Operations, +19% Resistance to Damage

So basically UAoE and banu have similar drone ops and stuff, and Banu is like 9210581851 times harder to get, "Let's nerf because one aug is better than other"

5/7 devlogic

+18% shield bank, +14% resist, +2% drone ops, +6% everlasting compared to +29% elec, +40% energy is the difference between the augs. Might be similar augs but banu is wayyyyyy better, i told you when you 1st showed me stats how broken that aug was you even said it was going to get nerfed :roll:

Mon Dec 05, 2016 2:06 pm
Team: Resident Evil
Main: Kaguya
Level: 3248

redalert150 wrote:
Freez wrote:
UAoE:

Banu:

5/7 devlogic

+18% shield bank, +14% resist, +2% drone ops, +6% everlasting compared to +29% elec, +40% energy is the difference between the augs. Might be similar augs but banu is wayyyyyy better, i told you when you 1st showed me stats how broken that aug was you even said it was going to get nerfed :roll:

Don't forget the 2% bonus hull space you get on Banu Augmenter. Ohn and let's not forget the difficulty of getting the augmenter and the luck of getting a augmenter compared to UAoH, the flow chart is real.

Mon Dec 05, 2016 2:15 pm
Main: Momonga
Level: 6776

redalert150 wrote:
Freez wrote:
UAoE:

Banu:

5/7 devlogic

Some augs are worse some are better whats wrong with it, and banu aug is way harder to get than UAoE, wich means it should be better.. Maybe bit resist nerf but not other stats

Mon Dec 05, 2016 2:23 pm

Its still going to be the best engineer aug im sure, but you know how stupid OP it is right now. Literally best engineer setup is 3 banu augs :lol:

Mon Dec 05, 2016 2:27 pm
Team: The Unforeseen Colonies
Main: Masterful
Level: 6877

Banu could use a resist nerf, but you can't really kill the other stats without nuking the aug. Maybe bring it down to 9-10%. Banu still has it's shortcomings with elec, which is the reason you'd still see players using a UAoE to make up for it. 2 Heph UAoE is a viable setup, and I don't see a problem with Banu replacing the Heph in that instance. It's higher tech and much harder to obtain.

Mon Dec 05, 2016 6:52 pm
over 9000!
Main: enkelin
Level: 5600

If folks really just want Banu to be a Heph Gen+, I can work with that. I am a little disappointed because I like the idea of a distinctive droner aug with high resistance. I'll leave this discussion going a while longer in any case.

Hi, I'm Anil, a long-time player turned developer. I am Star Sonata's lead content developer, which means that I run weekly dev meetings and make sure that any proposed changes to the game receive proper review before going live.

http://www.starsonata.com/features

Mon Dec 05, 2016 7:31 pm
Team: Salt and Pepper
Main: Freakachu
Level: 4759

Youre all forgetting the fact banu aug doesn't have transference power and efficiency.

Mon Dec 05, 2016 7:53 pm