Main: Zerko
Level: 4247

Post Looking for some FAQ's that people have.
Myself and Stifler (Stiffy) are going to be looking over some FAQ's and will review them together for new players to understand the game better.

The idea is to have content that people can watch for 5 or so miniutes to get to know the game more and what its about, it will sit along side the trailer and will have gaming content, with talking about FAQ's and infomation about the game and what you can do to have fun. More of an insight to what the games about.

So any FAQ's you new players have, or even questions you think people would ask would be much appreciated!!

Looking forward to the steam release, lets give new players somthing to stay for!

Sat Jan 07, 2017 12:28 pm
Team: Eminence Front
Main: Momonga
Level: 6776

Post Re: Looking for some FAQ's that people have.
whens steam launch

Sat Jan 07, 2017 2:08 pm
Team: Cybernetic Trading Co.
Main: 1-800-USE_THE_FORCE!
Level: 9597

A tutorial on how to make credits via prospecting, IC, shops, DGing, colos etc would probably be greatly appreciated

Sat Jan 07, 2017 3:12 pm
Team: Star Revolution X
Main: Cornado
Level: 3235

redalert150 wrote:
A tutorial on how to make credits via prospecting, IC, shops, DGing, colos etc would probably be greatly appreciated

Good suggestions.

We are planning to video weekly and record as we talk about it, breaking it down in steps, it will most likely be in chapters like 5 min each video. Would prob be best on the SS official site tho.

Sat Jan 07, 2017 4:58 pm
Main: Chrono Warrior
Level: 5817

I'd also suggest a FAQ on the wiki and how beneficial it is. Another cool thing would be FAQ for every zone, talking about the quirks, bosses, gear and even discussing the lore.

- Chrono

Sat Jan 07, 2017 7:43 pm
Main: ShawnMcCall
Level: 2589

redalert150 wrote:

Because Red is poor and needs answers!

Sat Jan 07, 2017 9:42 pm
Main: Horacio
Level: 5465

A "what should/can I do next?" sort of guide that details what a player should/can probably do at their respective level in order to progress (Early Game Suggestion).

That is in terms of AI to kill (DG's, Zones), missions to do, opening up the idea of learning to build and such.

You're free to call me Nath if you wish :)

Janussi/Horacio/Jenkins/Hutchinson/Quillan

Sat Jan 07, 2017 10:50 pm

All fantastic ideas soo far. All these will give us alot of tutorial footage to help everyone thinking or starting to play the game. In my experience there is 3 different types of learning.

Reading
Viewing
Listening

People are usually better at one or the other when it comes to learning. So what we are focusing on is adding all 3 to help making things easier to learn how to play and what the game is all about.

This isnt going to be like school, we dont want it boring. So we will joke a laugh, carry on as we usually do to keep the interest. (sort of like streaming) so they will be learning and having a laugh as we go.

Sun Jan 08, 2017 3:30 am
Contributor
Main: Dark Steel
Level: 9138

Sounds awesome.

A list of things a player can expect to do with a group or solo would also be immensely helpful to players that don't know the specific difficulty of a zone. The game itself doesn't give any hints on this particular subject.

Universe Map: http://www.starsonata.com/map/

Sun Jan 08, 2017 3:08 pm

ShawnMcCall wrote:
redalert150 wrote:

Its true plz halp.

Also videos on subspace boss fights explaining the strategys and stuff would be cool. Same goes for zones like oly and twisted. I'm sure people would be interested in that.

Sun Jan 08, 2017 3:43 pm

redalert150 wrote:
ShawnMcCall wrote:
redalert150 wrote:

Its true plz halp.

Also videos on subspace boss fights explaining the strategys and stuff would be cool. Same goes for zones like oly and twisted. I'm sure people would be interested in that.

Yeah I will be interesting in doing that. Im still trying to figure out how to go about it because if we do this live we will hear keyboard chatter so i might need to resort to talk over for tutorial videos. Unless i figure out a way to cancel background noise. Usually when i am doing radio podcasts i soundbox my mic so that could work

Wed Jan 11, 2017 12:55 pm
Contributor
Main: Hober Mallow
Level: 4886

Please do not MC anything if you're doing FAQ videos of bosses and their mechanics. That shouldn't be the first thing a new player sees if they are looking at a FAQ video.

Wed Jan 11, 2017 1:41 pm

MasterTrader wrote:
Please do not MC anything if you're doing FAQ videos of bosses and their mechanics. That shouldn't be the first thing a new player sees if they are looking at a FAQ video.

That's irrelevant, they are going to be teaching mechanics of fight not how to MC. Also I'd be willing to help you guys do whatever to lighten the load just let me know.

I think adding voice audio to the video afterwards would probably best stifler, could slow down and explain more complicated mechanics or whatever.

Wed Jan 11, 2017 2:20 pm
over 9000!
Main: enkelin
Level: 5600

As long as there's no client-swapping in the video, I think it's fine.

Hi, I'm Anil, a long-time player turned developer. I am Star Sonata's lead content developer, which means that I run weekly dev meetings and make sure that any proposed changes to the game receive proper review before going live.

http://www.starsonata.com/features

Wed Jan 11, 2017 2:24 pm
Main: Zerko
Level: 4247

anilv wrote:
As long as there's no client-swapping in the video, I think it's fine.

It will be raw, no MC'ing will be included.

redalert150 wrote:
MasterTrader wrote:

That's irrelevant, they are going to be teaching mechanics of fight not how to MC. Also I'd be willing to help you guys do whatever to lighten the load just let me know.

I think adding voice audio to the video afterwards would probably best stifler, could slow down and explain more complicated mechanics or whatever.

there will be nothing to premote anybody, it will all be as clean as possible in a galaxy far far away.

EDIT: there will be voice audio and walkthroughs of all the videos made :)

Sat Jan 14, 2017 9:12 am