Should high tier end game content be included in ruins or left as uber drops
Yes, Include the new high tier end game content in ruins. 35%  35%  [ 13 ]
No, Do not include the new high tier end game content in ruins and put them in Ubers. 65%  65%  [ 24 ]
Total votes : 37

over 9000!
Main: enkelin
Level: 5600

Post Re: POLL: End Game High Tier Ruins
triga253 wrote:
anilv wrote:
How is this any different from the old days of Unt Techs and KMWs? I have never heard any substantive complaint about the system of ruin obtainment.

Back when there was balance, You had the police (EF) and the pirates (DM) also had many other teams that were on close in the power struggle with them, JAWWS, Pants ect.

As a player, I would simply tap out of this conversation, pleased to see that you apparently think that Traders is untouchable in the game.

As a dev, I feel compelled to inform you that there is no such power monopoly in the game, and anyone who doesn't like the current top dog should suit up and do something about it. As red so nicely put:

redalert150 wrote:
Youre assuming RE, danger and other competent builders in game are just going to roll over if they get this ruin? These ruins are going to be highly sought after, well for sure cause way more conflict in wild space which is a great thing.

There are plenty of people in the game who could put up a good fight with us over a valuable resource. If you don't count yourselves among those people, you have a couple clear choices:

1) Join a team that is willing to go toe-to-toe with Traders
2) Join Traders (if we'll have you)
3) Study the mechanics of the game and start Traders 2.0

Hi, I'm Anil, a long-time player turned developer. I am Star Sonata's lead content developer, which means that I run weekly dev meetings and make sure that any proposed changes to the game receive proper review before going live.

http://www.starsonata.com/features

Sun Jan 29, 2017 11:04 pm
Main: ShawnMcCall
Level: 2589

If you don't want war, don't pursue the high tier ruins. Bam! problem solved.

EDIT: You also make it seem like this is going to see teams totally wiped. Resource wars are almost always the complete opposite. If you're just after someone's ruins, you usually stop once you have their ruins. If they choose to keep fighting you on principle, or to get them back. Then that's on them.

Sun Jan 29, 2017 11:44 pm
Team: Eminence Front
Main: Chrono Warrior
Level: 5817

redalert150 wrote:
Chrono Warrior wrote:
I believe these ruins should be given another look. I personally think they should not be ruins but instead be drops/built or even obtained via mission like the T22 Twisted Light Fighers are. The fact is these ruins will cause teams like RE/Traders to shop and scan for them. Any team that gets in the way is imperiled and will simply not be able to obtain these items unless they keep it under wraps. However, if these items are instead made to be drops, or are somehow obtained from missions, everyone has an equal chance to obtain them and they wouldn't be farm-able as ruins. Not to mention ruins are notorious for getting mods, and mods on that caliber of item will make them extremely powerful. I realize the term "farm-able" may be a bit out of place here considering they would probably have a long extract time, however, obtaining items via ruin is much much easier than farming hours of content for drops. You could also make them build-able items, but require ruin items to construct, that way ruins will still be useful.

tl;dr: No to them being ruins, instead either make them obtainable as drops, require them to be built, or make them obtainable via missions in some way.

- Chrono

So just because you cant compete with the end game teams for a piece of end game gear there should be a source for the same item for you? Theres already other alternatives for this gear. Besides nothing is stopping you from fortifying the shit out of a galaxy that happens to have this ruin. Its just a matter of whether you think its worth investing so much in a galaxy to then spend a shit ton of creds extracting these items.

Didn't say that, I'm simply offering an alternative as I haven't seen any others offered. I could care less about whether these go in, I have good enough gear already, however, if you do make it a mission, everyone will have the same chance at it. Ruins are first come first served, usually only one team/person will reap the benefits. Again, this is simply an alternative suggestion. Personally I think it would be cool for it to be both a ruin and a mission, but I could be alone on that.

- Chrono

Mon Jan 30, 2017 12:42 am
Contributor
Main: Dark Steel
Level: 9138

Fun fact. These ruins have been in the game for 1, maybe even 2, unis already (Same time as the Paxian Bloodstone Reserve and Paxian Grand Reinforcement). I'm just not sure if they've actually spawned on a planet yet.

Also, the outcome of a poll really isn't much of a tell anymore these days. I myself could just log onto 10-15 accounts and change the entire thing. If you want to make a poll then use a Strawpoll (google it). That limits each IP adress to one vote.

Universe Map: http://www.starsonata.com/map/

Mon Jan 30, 2017 6:55 am
Main: Horacio
Level: 5315

Is there even a precedent for teams doing it on the scale you guys are suggesting, besides this argument is quite one sided, not everything involves war.

One of my team mates got his hands on a awesome ruin which Traders bought the galaxy of, no war, fighting or drama took place(Whether he got value for money on the deal is subjective), sure they still ended up with it but in a way to no detriment to the lower level player, if anything this is probably more likely to happen, not everyone is an arsehole.

Sure you would argue what if the offer was refused, well that's relative to the effort you put into the galaxy really, up to you to weigh it up.

You're free to call me Nath if you wish :)

Janussi/Horacio/Jenkins/Hutchinson/Quillan

Mon Jan 30, 2017 7:03 am
over 9000!

NattoKilla wrote:
Is there even a precedent for teams doing it on the scale you guys are suggesting, besides this argument is quite one sided, not everything involves war.

One of my team mates got his hands on a awesome ruin which Traders bought the galaxy of, no war, fighting or drama took place(Whether he got value for money on the deal is subjective), sure they still ended up with it but in a way to no detriment to the lower level player, if anything this is probably more likely to happen, not everyone is an arsehole.

Sure you would argue what if the offer was refused, well that's relative to the effort you put into the galaxy really, up to you to weigh it up.

inb4 this is a secret Traders alt :P

Hi, I'm Anil, a long-time player turned developer. I am Star Sonata's lead content developer, which means that I run weekly dev meetings and make sure that any proposed changes to the game receive proper review before going live.

Mon Jan 30, 2017 7:22 am
Main: The Shaft of Discipline
Level: 3680

You're a sekret Traders alt, Enkelin.

Mon Jan 30, 2017 7:23 am
Main: Zero Punctuation
Level: 3324

That's stupid.. why have a poll system on the forums if the devs are just going to blow it off. Has this game really gone that far down the rabbit hole of devs owning this game to do whatever they want with.. the community is sitting here with ~%70 of the people says they don't want it in and your response is "i could log into 17 alts and change the outcome"... some devs we got here.

Mon Jan 30, 2017 7:41 am
over 9000!

tobi95 wrote:
That's stupid.. why have a poll system on the forums if the devs are just going to blow it off. Has this game really gone that far down the rabbit hole of devs owning this game to do whatever they want with.. the community is sitting here with ~%70 of the people says they don't want it in and your response is "i could log into 17 alts and change the outcome"... some devs we got here.

Why don't you follow his advice and make a real poll? It has been a problem on the forum for years and it's not because devs are stuffing the ballot boxes.

Mon Jan 30, 2017 7:46 am
Contributor

I was giving an example of what anyone with access to a lot of accounts could do not that i would do it myself, obviously :roll:

Mon Jan 30, 2017 7:55 am
Main: Horacio
Level: 5315

anilv wrote:
NattoKilla wrote:

inb4 this is a secret Traders alt :P

Their on to me :lol:

You're free to call me Nath if you wish :)

Janussi/Horacio/Jenkins/Hutchinson/Quillan

Mon Jan 30, 2017 7:57 am
Main: Zero Punctuation
Level: 3324

I could run it through ANY poll server and get it to register more then 1 vote by running it through Torr or an IP jumping program... that isn't the point.. josh could log into his alts and do the same thing here.. so no matter what poll service I use I doubt it'll have any affect... traders really do own this game...

Mon Jan 30, 2017 8:01 am
Contributor

Here you go. http://www.strawpoll.me/12231693

Mon Jan 30, 2017 8:06 am
Team: Zephyr
Main: -13-
Level: 4430

Im kind of confused by the wording of the vote. I think new gear in ruins is good.

Mon Jan 30, 2017 11:48 am
Team: Adamantiumized Souls
Main: Shantone02
Level: 3059

I see no reason as to why this would be a bad idea. Will bring much needed pvb/bvb to wildspace.

Some people are saying a certain team will get it, I think it's completely up to who spots the ruin first and how good of a builder that person team is.

No need to make it into some drop because of how good they are. Last I checked KMWs or bana kits are strictly ruin (idk I could be wrong since I never DG) so why would these have to be?

Will be fun watching the race for this ruin

Tue Jan 31, 2017 7:32 pm