Should high tier end game content be included in ruins or left as uber drops
Yes, Include the new high tier end game content in ruins. 35%  35%  [ 13 ]
No, Do not include the new high tier end game content in ruins and put them in Ubers. 65%  65%  [ 24 ]
Total votes : 37

Main: Zero Punctuation
Level: 3324

Post POLL: End Game High Tier Ruins
Next universe the dev's will be introducing high tier end game ruins that can be gotten through bule ruins and urqa ruins. From what i understand there will be nothing differnet name wise about these ruins which is good. But the question needs to be asked.. Are these good for the community. Wars kill teams. It has been proven over and over again. Now we have Bule ruins which give Bule Bursts and Urqa ruins which give a Bana shield similar to the KRS. This is asking for wars. Teams will take the ruins because bule ruins are also needed for Sing spheres which are needed in the game building progression and also a chance for Bule Bursts and UrQa ruins will be taken for the KRS bana shield. This will cause wars. There is no doubt behind it. Ruin items usually give mods without having to bindo them which will make them OP because the mod system is broken (this forum isnt about that). Making them this way will make top end game teams go around the universe scanning all the planets looking for these ruins. These teams dont have to make a deal with any smaller team because the difference between team tiers is so vast that they can just wipe the floor with anyone who isn't a top tier uber team. Either through PvB or the vast amount of Ada kits they can deploy. With steam release coming out next uni the community will be adding noobs back into the community and it is not fair to them. The wiki is not up to date by any means so there is no way for them to know what they are getting themselves into.

This is in my opinion a bad idea. Its bad for the community and its bad for the new players coming into the community and i would like your opinion.

Sun Jan 29, 2017 5:30 pm
Team: Cybernetic Trading Co.
Main: 1-800-USE_THE_FORCE!
Level: 9597

Post Re: POLL: End Game High Tier Ruins
Incentives for more conflict in wild space is a great thing.

Sun Jan 29, 2017 6:18 pm

I am okay with conflict. I am not okay with teams like traders or RE (I know im countering myself since i am in RE but) going after teams who cant even complete a full t22 run because of there team current status.

Sun Jan 29, 2017 6:23 pm

We should have way more incentives to star wars over. Wars are probably one of the most fun things you can do in this game. They leave a lasting impression on you for the most part. You simply can't get that from a lot of games. If you're scared about getting wipe you may not be ready for to build in wild space. Or if you're that scared stay away from the ruins or be prepared to make a deal with a stronger team before it gets to the point of pvb/bvb.

My only issue with ruins is that is actually pretty easy to keep secret whatever you have. As oppose to if everyone knew where a certain highly sought after ruin was you would see a lot more action.

Sun Jan 29, 2017 6:23 pm

There is a difference in opinion here and I am okay with that. Thats why i started the poll.

Sun Jan 29, 2017 6:27 pm

tobi95 wrote:
I am okay with conflict. I am not okay with teams like traders or RE (I know im countering myself since i am in RE but) going after teams who cant even complete a full t22 run because of there team current status.

Well established teams don't usually go after teams for no reason. Also a team that can't defend a ruin like that probably has no buisness having the ruin. Although it's not to hard to properly defend a gal as a team if you really really want to keep it.

Sun Jan 29, 2017 6:32 pm

tobi95 wrote:
There is a difference in opinion here and I am okay with that. Thats why i started the poll.

Polls are pretty useless sadly on forums cause of all those filthy MCers! But this is a pretty interesting conversation.

Sun Jan 29, 2017 6:34 pm
Main: Fake X
Level: 3359

I agree with Red, It will be fun for all the high tier teams to be PvPing and BvBing again, but at the same time we're going to be welcoming a lot of new players, While i know for a fact these ruin items are not going to be cheap so no new player is going to be able to extract them so they're basically useless to them anyway, I disagree that the entire gal should be wiped because of it, I know for a fact that SS has a lot of griefers in the community which will ruin the experience for new players and most likely make them quit, I think for when steam release comes out we need a guides pushed into the new players face and the devs to work on EF layer to make it viable for new players to get started. Also maybe a mission that leads to building academy explaining the dangers of WS until they are ready and what is recommended, maybe a link to a forum guide with some setup/explanation, I would like to think the dev could unlock building t20 dem kits in EF space for newbies.

Sun Jan 29, 2017 6:36 pm
Main: Fake X
Level: 3359

redalert150 wrote:
tobi95 wrote:

Well established teams don't usually go after teams for no reason. Also a team that can't defend a ruin like that probably has no buisness having the ruin. Although it's not to hard to properly defend a gal as a team if you really really want to keep it.

I'm pretty sure you can agree that most teams in SS would wipe a new team instead of trying to get a hold of them if they got high tier commods/ruins

Sun Jan 29, 2017 6:37 pm
Team: Eminence Front
Main: Joshua102
Level: 14714

It doesn't take much to see that every time there is a war, dozens of people who are casual players get everything lost and quit the game after that. So no wars are not good for the game they are terrible.

And having end game gear that has one team can have a complete monopoly over is stupid for an economy. And this doesn't even bring in the fact that people are going to get broken mods on already broken items,

Sun Jan 29, 2017 6:41 pm

triga253 wrote:
redalert150 wrote:
tobi95 wrote:

I'm pretty sure you can agree that most teams in SS would wipe a new team instead of trying to get a hold of them if they got high tier commods/ruins

Sure but that's a valid reason to attack someone's gal. I'm saying if you happen to be building in a galaxy with nice resources in wild space you should fully expect to be attacked and should build accordingly.

Sun Jan 29, 2017 6:42 pm
Main: Horacio
Level: 5465

If monopoly is the issue the simply there would need to be more than 1 ruin/(or none).

You're free to call me Nath if you wish :)

Janussi/Horacio/Jenkins/Hutchinson/Quillan

Sun Jan 29, 2017 6:44 pm
Main: Joshua102
Level: 14714

NattoKilla wrote:
If monopoly is the issue the simply there would need to be more than 1 ruin/(or none).

Then said team takes all 3 sources and wars anyone with it and the problem starts again.

Sun Jan 29, 2017 6:47 pm

Joshua102 wrote:
It doesn't take much to see that every time there is a war, dozens of people who are casual players get everything lost and quit the game after that. So no wars are not good for the game they are terrible.

And having end game gear that has one team can have a complete monopoly over is stupid for an economy. And this doesn't even bring in the fact that people are going to get broken mods on already broken items,

Maybe those casuals players should build somewhere that suites there play style more? Plenty of space in wild space.

I doubt anyone with these ruins will be selling them. So it does nothing to the economy. If anything it's better for the economy since they are pretty pricey ruins.

Sun Jan 29, 2017 6:47 pm

Also one huge fact you guys seem to be forgetting, is how rare these ruins are. You can go over a year in some cases without seeing a certain ruin appear.

Sun Jan 29, 2017 6:48 pm