Team: Deep Space Federation
Main: Rendghast
Level: 3504

Post returning to the BvB topic.
EDIT: topic was supposed to be in suggestions. Stupid phone buttons. Plz move, ty.

As we have just watched a half dozen teams loose galaxies with over dozen ada kits in them, I would like to return to the subject of BvB revisions.

It is now screamingly obvios that low to mid level teams stand no chance of holding territory in ws, they will get attacked, their kits will drop, and the game will loose subs as fast as it gets them.

I have said this before, but let me repeat myself; the majority of players do not have the time or energy to PvP seriosly. When you make a requierment that to advance past tech 20 you must pvp, you alienate 9 out of 10 player from the game.

I wish to propose a new zone, t20+ buildable, w1 and w2 galaxies only, no commodities over tier 1, and no PvP. This area would be intended for players who simply wish to build a couple of ships and a weapon or three, without having to spend the 200 billion needed for an ada defended gal. This would allow casual players to advance beyond tech 20, increasing the population of the game as well as the subscriber base.

Last edited by lrellok on Fri Jan 27, 2017 6:32 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Fri Jan 27, 2017 6:09 pm
Team: Zephyr
Main: -13-
Level: 4430

Post Re: returning to the BvB topic.
lrellok wrote:
As we have just watched a half dozen teams loose galaxies with over dozen ada kits in them, I would like to return to the subject of BvB revisions.

It is now screamingly obvios that low to mid level teams stand no chance of holding territory in ws, they will get attacked, their kits will drop, and the game will loose subs as fast as it gets them.

I have said this before, but let me repeat myself; the majority of players do not have the time or energy to PvP seriosly. When you make a requierment that to advance past tech 20 you must pvp, you alienate 9 out of 10 player from the game.

I wish to propose a new zone, t20+ buildable, w1 and w2 galaxies only, no commodities over tier 1, and no PvP. This area would be intended for players who simply wish to build a couple of ships and a weapon or three, without having to spend the 200 billion needed for an ada defended gal. This would allow casual players to advance beyond tech 20, increasing the population of the game as well as the subscriber base.

Not sure where these gals w dozens of Ada kits are. Lol. Most bvb she are on my battle record, none involving dozens of ada kits (I'm assuming he's referring to me, he loves that). And there are plenty of small, mid level teams holding their own in WS. Maybe f2p's shouldn't try to have power in WS. Stop bitching.

Fri Jan 27, 2017 6:21 pm
Team: Eminence Front
Main: The Shaft of Discipline
Level: 3680

I think I personally spent 15b in that entire galaxy of mine for defense? Stifler and Zerko's individual galaxies are in the 10b range each based on what I used.

Fri Jan 27, 2017 7:54 pm

Pontius123 wrote:
I think I personally spent 15b in that entire galaxy of mine for defense? Stifler and Zerko's individual galaxies are in the 10b range each based on what I used.

You where quoting ada kits at 20 bill each last night maxa. Make up your mind. Either they are 20 bill and 10 are not enough to hold or they are not 20 bill and we have more then enough funding for a credible defence.

Fri Jan 27, 2017 8:41 pm
over 9000!
Main: enkelin
Level: 5600

lrellok wrote:
Pontius123 wrote:

You where quoting ada kits at 20 bill each last night maxa. Make up your mind. Either they are 20 bill and 10 are not enough to hold or they are not 20 bill and we have more then enough funding for a credible defence.

You don't need ada kits for a credible defense.

Hi, I'm Anil, a long-time player turned developer. I am Star Sonata's lead content developer, which means that I run weekly dev meetings and make sure that any proposed changes to the game receive proper review before going live.

http://www.starsonata.com/features

Fri Jan 27, 2017 8:48 pm

Pontius123 wrote:

Not at all lol. You may have personally spent 15b in the dsf gal, but the kits and augs had been laid for you. The overall value was 100's of bills.

I made 150b of stiffys prod. He also had 4 Ada kits down which are at least 12.5b each. He also had all kinds of Ada damps, sls, and fields when I capped his kits and took the gear.

Fri Jan 27, 2017 9:24 pm

I'm completely failing to see how any WS happenings stop you from getting t20+.

Fri Jan 27, 2017 9:25 pm

anilv wrote:
You don't need ada kits for a credible defense.

I would reply here, but another fine gentlemen has done such a wonderul responce, I can only parrot his words.

jack the ripper wrote:

Not at all lol. You may have personally spent 15b in the dsf gal, but the kits and augs had been laid for you. The overall value was 100's of bills.

I made 150b of stiffys prod. He also had 4 Ada kits down which are at least 12.5b each. He also had all kinds of Ada damps, sls, and fields when I capped his kits and took the gear.

Ada's will not hold enk. And there is no way for a straight off ef team to build an inch of t20 gear if they have no where to build it. Which means you will loose every player you get the second they have a reason to sub. This isn't a hard choice, either you want new subs, or you don't.

Fri Jan 27, 2017 10:19 pm
Team: The Unforeseen Colonies
Main: Masterful
Level: 6877

Can we talk about the miserable failure of base amps in preventing stuff like this from happening?

Or how base thrusters have made BvB so much easier, and allowed for 1-man hit squads like -13- to attack noobier teams with absolutely no chance of defense.

Or how when there's people BvBing you with ada kits, you need ada kits to defend it. In fact, you need more.

Fri Jan 27, 2017 10:52 pm

Masterful wrote:
Can we talk about the miserable failure of base amps in preventing stuff like this from happening?

Or how base thrusters have made BvB so much easier, and allowed for 1-man hit squads like -13- to attack noobier teams with absolutely no chance of defense.

Or how when there's people BvBing you with ada kits, you need ada kits to defend it. In fact, you need more.

/me bows rspectfully.

Preach sir. Preach and let all stand in wonder!

Fri Jan 27, 2017 11:19 pm
Team: Cybernetic Trading Co.
Main: Danger
Level: 7164

You guys do realize that 13 has defeated many people 5 ada kit bvbing his galaxy without any ada kits period? Just because it's called an ada kit doesn't mean it's impossible to kill or useless to defend with.
I've scanned many people's galaxies during bvbs to see how well they made them. Their gear on the bases don't give out it's full potential and costs more than what they could of done. The setup that RF and Traders use is somewhere out there or you can just scan our bases. There's 2 different versions of a base calculator you can use to learn off of (mine and andsimo's). If you guys have a fully decked out galaxy die to a 5 ada kit bvb then it would be worried.
I have a 5 ada kit galaxy which I challenge 13 to kill with 5 kits. Rules are I cannot aid my team with my characters nor can any of my teammates deploy bases/drones to assist. How does that sound? It's in Final Folly.

Fri Jan 27, 2017 11:37 pm

Danger wrote:
I have a 5 ada kit galaxy which I challenge 13 to kill with 5 kits. Rules are I cannot aid my team with my characters nor can any of my teammates deploy bases/drones to assist. How does that sound? It's in Final Folly.

Danger, all that would do is prove my point, you need to have tech 20 gear already to fight ada gear. Which means the EF to WS jump is impossible, because you have to already have WS only gear to do it.

Prove Enks point if you like. Lacoina t16s and t18's, as many as you please, against a single amp 10 ada assault from 13 and company. Film it please, i have work most days.

Sat Jan 28, 2017 1:24 am
Team: Eminence Front
Main: maniac45x
Level: 5015

you can build ada kits in EF space. It doesn't take much to build.

Sat Jan 28, 2017 1:30 am
Main: ShawnMcCall
Level: 2589

You overestimate the fuck out of how hard this game is, Rend... The problem isn't that 5 kits > 12 kits. The problem is DSF calls itself a "training team" and boasts a roster of the most inexperienced players in the game. You guys drop fucking HQ in EF space and only 1 or 2 of your players end up venturing out into wild on their own. Naturally with 0 experience, and 0 players who are actually fit to "train" others, which again is the self-professed purpose of the team, it's hardly surprising that DSF gets treated like the world's least challenging game of whack-a-mole. Maybe adopt a policy of getting better, rather than using "training new players" as an excuse not to get better. Because at the end of the day, the last person that should be training anyone is someone without practical knowledge and expertise.

Sat Jan 28, 2017 1:36 am

xmaniac45x wrote:
you can build ada kits in EF space. It doesn't take much to build.

How the heck did you end up in charge of a training team.....

Sat Jan 28, 2017 3:17 am