Team: Star Revolution X
Main: DreadLordNaf
Level: 12667

Post anyway to super optimize 1 combat slave slot?
I noticed with the combat slave slot change awhile back that with my 2 pbfs and 1 fwing, I now only use 49/50 combat slave slots (since there is no longer rounding up) and have one remaining slot which I never had before.

Trying to think as an FC if there is any way I could do something useful with that single combat slave slot. So far my ideas are:

-Spend billions to try and make it do some moderate dps (like a mini fwing)
-Just have it be a weaponless super cloaked ship that follows me around to help with scoops
-Give it some unique weap that might help my overall combat somehow (like a grem cannon or some other weapon with a debuff effect).

Any other ideas or has anyone pimped out a t1 combat slave before and if so how?

Thu Feb 23, 2017 6:42 pm
Team: Commonwealth
Main: Fyuryus
Level: 3451

Post Re: anyway to super optimize 1 combat slave slot?
Make a op Zebucart+ slave for luls

Thu Feb 23, 2017 8:13 pm
Team: Cybernetic Trading Co.
Main: Danger
Level: 7164

Spotty bot! Grem Bot! Cannon Fodder Bot!

Thu Feb 23, 2017 8:27 pm

Based on my "analysis" the best t1 ship would either be the Heavy Zebucart or Volcom+. I would most likely need to dedicate all aug slots to resist and shields for it to stay up any decent amount of time and would thus need a weap that does a cool effect but which doesnt depend on aug modifiers for effectiveness. So raw DPS is out of the question.

Spotty beam would be a very useful effect but is sniper only. I messed with grem cannon some on other slaves testing it out but it appears to have no effect on AI. Or the effect is like a microsecond that I dont notice it... Back to the drawing board I guess.

Cannon fodder bot... Hmm, thats an idea.

Thu Feb 23, 2017 10:55 pm
Team: Axis Industries
Main: Maxathron
Level: 4065

1. Be whatever class that has a class locked item you want on a slave.
2. Equip said item on the ship.
3. Activate Combat Bot.
4. Reclass to any class you want.

Fri Feb 24, 2017 12:08 am
Team: Eminence Front
Main: Blizzara
Level: 6660

Maybe something here.

Fri Feb 24, 2017 2:18 am

Yeah I could do a temp switch and reclass if i REALLY wanted the spotty beam or other class locked item, not sure on that yet though.

Antilzah wrote:
Maybe something here.

I forgot about those, thanks.

Fri Feb 24, 2017 9:16 am
Content Dev
Team: JMC
Main: Blue Dwarf
Level: 2067

Grem cannons don't work on AI.

If you've not got it yet, you could give this bot a UDP or Caly/Ismail Presence (but then, a trade bot could have that).

Some of the information on that page for critical hit effects is now incorrect (specifically, the duration, transference and possibly magnitudes of effect and the maths).

Support

Thu Mar 02, 2017 10:42 am
Main: Doran!
Level: 7005

I would without a doubt focus on weapon side effects. Ice Shards, Jelly's Laser Beam, Glue Gun, Hot Glue Gun, Swabbies Dirk (as long as the side effect is on the enemy?), Ogvassal Pellet Gun, Trident Prongs and Volcom's Beam all seem to have valuable and interesting side effects.

dreadlordnaf wrote:
Yeah I could do a temp switch and reclass if i REALLY wanted the spotty beam or other class locked item, not sure on that yet though.

Many years ago I did this. I had Faranji Wingship slaves on my engineer, outfitted with Spotty Beams and TRLs. It was considered bug abuse, and resulted in a temporary ban. I believe a fix was attempted, but I don't know if it went through.

Blue Dwarf wrote:
If you've not got it yet, you could give this bot a UDP or Caly/Ismail Presence (but then, a trade bot could have that).

The last time I played, those auras could not be equipped to ships of lower tech than the aura generator itself. Did that change?

Fri Mar 03, 2017 6:28 am

Arcturus5 wrote:
I would without a doubt focus on weapon side effects. Ice Shards, Jelly's Laser Beam, Glue Gun, Hot Glue Gun, Swabbies Dirk (as long as the side effect is on the enemy?), Ogvassal Pellet Gun, Trident Prongs and Volcom's Beam all seem to have valuable and interesting side effects.

dreadlordnaf wrote:

Many years ago I did this. I had Faranji Wingship slaves on my engineer, outfitted with Spotty Beams and TRLs. It was considered bug abuse, and resulted in a temporary ban. I believe a fix was attempted, but I don't know if it went through.

Blue Dwarf wrote:

The last time I played, those auras could not be equipped to ships of lower tech than the aura generator itself. Did that change?

These are good ideas thanks. Will be putting something together next real uni and will post back here what I end up with.

Sat Mar 04, 2017 7:05 pm