Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 22 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2  Next
Author Message
User avatar
Team: Fireflies
Rank: Peon
Main: The White Wizard
Level: 4276

Joined: Wed Mar 13, 2013 8:28 am
Posts: 252
Post Hello admins
Cool story: some time ago (approx 6 months now) I got a feeling that I'd like to play star sonata some more. So I've been trying to get myself to play it again (and curse continously asking for me to play again) and after 5 months I finally did it, I decided I'll play and I resubbed 14 accounts for a start. Then I went into kalthi depths with all the accounts, played for an hour and did some dungeons. After that hour of struggling with plenty of new gameplay and client issues I began to reconsider if it's really a game I want to play, after a short moment I logged off. Since then I haven't done anything except sometimes logging in to sit in sol for 10minutes and now my accounts' subs are about to end, and unfortunately I'm not going to renew them.

The conclusion is there's no more reason to play star sonata and the unplayability doesn't help. Last year I was like "oh cool they trying to remove all old players instead of doing a wipe for steam release but the scrubs will never get rid of me" but I totally didn't expect that I'd simply get bored of the game. And the reason why I got bored is because there's nothing left to do - I quit the game at october 2016, back then I still had plenty content to do and reasons to make more alts and such, now when I "returned" a month ago I somehow already had done everything and all the content. Kalthi depths which was my last thing to do got absolutely ruined, it was brought down to the level of "fucking filthy casual noob", to the level of common cancer strike/league of retards(whatever cancer hive games there are), a single noob character can now do the ex endgame content. Two noob engineers can do what a full squad could do in 2016. I don't know who exactly the culprit behind this is, but my guess would be the everyone's beloved hobo swallows (commonly known as hober mallow) who tends to add vastly unbalanced items (that's what I warned you about at the time you added him to the dev team, right). You're adding simple players to your dev team, even if they're on a short leash they still add ridiculously crap content.
I was there for perilous perilous space expansion, it was amazing, I remember when me and brendon went there as soon as possible to check out the new content and it was great to get massacred like shit in the "oly level" heph machines with a wattage tank, and the snipers with pzht/hgs that had hard time hitting the heavily cloaked AIs or killing the high bank and resist AIs, that was a quality game expansion. Some years later a new "zone" was added with three instanced and two roaming bosses, that was a twisted disappointment. I know which dev did it and I had high hopes until I built the new cybart freighter and realized that's all, just some shitty instanced bosses with some missions made up by the dev's 6 years old little brother (I guess he also made the boss' shouts).
These "player developers" have no experience nor any knowledge about developing a game and you approve their ideas, you let them ruin already existing content and add more poorly balanced items. I'll summarize the next part for reasons and simply I'll say that the steam release is doomed to be a failure and you're not helping.
You're unable to make any new interesting content to keep the players playing and your unexperienced "volunteer devs" are ruining the already existing content. Games are supposed to be interesting and in some way challenging but this is now becoming a sandbox for mentally disabled children who cryhard when their overpowered toy fighter is taken away from them.
I'd also make a wall of text for the game client issues, the performance is crap and it crashes a lot but I know from my experience that jey is working a lot on patching it up and he eventually will get it running flawlessly.
It's unfortunate that this unique MMO is no longer enjoyable. I never thought I'd be making a post like this but I'm waiting for another game to download and today I lack productivity so I decided to remind you once again that you should invest into the dev(and admin) team. Also if we're talking about disappointments and absolute failures then let's not forget about curse.

Also I forgot to mention that I know perilous perilous space was made by a player, but he wasn't just a player, that guy was at the game's top and he knew what should be done. A MMO game should have endgame content which requires whole teams of players in order to be done.

_________________
Image


Fri Jun 30, 2017 4:13 pm
Profile
User avatar
Team: Star Revolution X
Rank: Operator
Main: Septagons Titan
Level: 2296

Joined: Wed Jul 27, 2011 3:37 pm
Posts: 651
Location: Floof
Post Re: Hello admins
the white wizard wrote:
I decided I'll play and I resubbed 14 accounts for a start.

Completely unrelated to everything else you mentioned, but I honestly can't think of a single sentence that better shows off what exactly is the worst, most glaring problem with this game. The fact that there's anyone who has more than 2 accounts at most is insane; the fact that these people with their networks of alt accounts make up the majority of the player base to the point that the developers actively create content that caters to multiclienting and multiple accounts is worse. If this is still the status quo when the game launches on Steam, god help you all, because you're going to be viciously savaged.

As for the player developers, I agree a bit, when I first read about it happening a while back I was cautiously optimistic. I personally think it should have been more similar to the Council of Stellar Management in EVE.


Fri Jun 30, 2017 6:19 pm
Profile
Team: Resident Evil
Rank: Peon
Main: Curse
Level: 3769

Joined: Fri Feb 28, 2014 12:51 pm
Posts: 52
Location: London - United Kingdom
Post Re: Hello admins
Agreed, no need to be rude in this though, you of all people should know that shittalking others doesn't get you the results you seek for.

Goodbye.


Fri Jun 30, 2017 7:49 pm
Profile
User avatar
Team: Death Mental
Rank: Operator
Main: ormegano
Level: 2923

Joined: Tue Aug 11, 2009 2:11 pm
Posts: 772
Location: California
Post Re: Hello admins
the white wizard wrote:
Kalthi depths which was my last thing to do got absolutely ruined, it was brought down to the level of "fucking filthy casual noob", to the level of common cancer strike/league of retards


I wanna know what I can do on my single account in Kalthi Depths as a fucking filthy casual noob because I haven't found anything, guess I'm even worse than a fucking filthy casual noob :cry:

_________________
(mrwoo) WHATS THE STUDY OF THE HISTORY OF CAPS
(SpankAzz) IT'S SIMPLE IT'S A HISTORY OF TALKING TO MEGAN DAILY FOR OVER A YEAR


Fri Jun 30, 2017 8:26 pm
Profile
User avatar
Team: Star Revolution X
Rank: Operator
Main: Maxathron
Level: 1695

Joined: Sat Jan 21, 2006 11:16 am
Posts: 5695
Post Re: Hello admins
I went with Horacio and Dwarf to KD and we did some dgs ending in Wrathful/Armored/Lunarian bosses. While Dwarf was MCing an engineer, we could have just brought a fourth person.

The problem is that Wizard is immediately doing the highest DF dgs with his 14 characters and expecting to MC that insane amount because he doesn't want to play with other people on the basis that no one can be him. And then he complains when the clients can't stabilize at that level and the game was dumbed down for the 99% majority and not the 1% of the 1% that he wants to believe he is.

I'm sure SS could be the super hyper difficult game he wants if he owned 75% of the active accounts. Until then, the 100-150 other people get to decide what their sub money is worth.


Fri Jun 30, 2017 11:25 pm
Profile
User avatar
Team: Fireflies
Rank: Peon
Main: The White Wizard
Level: 4276

Joined: Wed Mar 13, 2013 8:28 am
Posts: 252
Post Re: Hello admins
Septagon wrote:
the white wizard wrote:
I decided I'll play and I resubbed 14 accounts for a start.

Completely unrelated to everything else you mentioned, but I honestly can't think of a single sentence that better shows off what exactly is the worst, most glaring problem with this game. The fact that there's anyone who has more than 2 accounts at most is insane; the fact that these people with their networks of alt accounts make up the majority of the player base to the point that the developers actively create content that caters to multiclienting and multiple accounts is worse. If this is still the status quo when the game launches on Steam, god help you all, because you're going to be viciously savaged.

As for the player developers, I agree a bit, when I first read about it happening a while back I was cautiously optimistic. I personally think it should have been more similar to the Council of Stellar Management in EVE.


This "multiclienting" takes a large part in what makes this game unique, there's no other MMO game that allows the player to progress endlessly (though one has to play for each account's subscription which makes it a pay to win), it's simply a part of ss.
The content isn't being made "for the mcers", it's simply ss having shit combat mechanics and in the years I played I made some suggestions how to make content not mcable but the devs never care. What's worst is that this game still lives only thanks to multiclienting and it being a pay to win.
Without mcing I'd most likely had quit after a month of playing after I built my heph machine which was considered an endgame ship in 2013.

Max235 wrote:
I went with Horacio and Dwarf to KD and we did some dgs ending in Wrathful/Armored/Lunarian bosses. While Dwarf was MCing an engineer, we could have just brought a fourth person.

The problem is that Wizard is immediately doing the highest DF dgs with his 14 characters and expecting to MC that insane amount because he doesn't want to play with other people on the basis that no one can be him. And then he complains when the clients can't stabilize at that level and the game was dumbed down for the 99% majority and not the 1% of the 1% that he wants to believe he is.

I'm sure SS could be the super hyper difficult game he wants if he owned 75% of the active accounts. Until then, the 100-150 other people get to decide what their sub money is worth.


The issue in this thread isn't client performance if you haven't noticed, there are many solutions for this that I could use but the thread is about there being no reason to bother setting everything up so I can mc my accounts properly again. Even with there being far more crashes and unexpected lag spikes I can still run them all.

Quote:
And then he complains when the clients can't stabilize at that level and the game was dumbed down for the 99% majority and not the 1% of the 1% that he wants to believe he is.


Read the bottom of the first post Read the entire post, you shouldn't skip what you don't like

deformedstar wrote:
Goodbye.

Why are you saying it as if I was dying or quitting or whatever

_________________
Image


Fri Jun 30, 2017 11:49 pm
Profile
User avatar
Team: Star Revolution X
Rank: Operator
Main: Maxathron
Level: 1695

Joined: Sat Jan 21, 2006 11:16 am
Posts: 5695
Post Re: Hello admins
I read the bottom of the post. And I while I agree that this being an MMO and it should have endgame content, making PPS the "endgame of the endgame" just to fulfill the whims of probably less than 10 people...especially in this day and age, is just silly.


Sat Jul 01, 2017 2:21 am
Profile
Member
User avatar
Team: Resident Evil
Rank: Officer
Main: topbuzzz
Level: 4589

Joined: Sun Dec 21, 2008 12:31 pm
Posts: 4323
Post Re: Hello admins
Admins weeding out old players for steam , you got weeded out.

_________________
Image


Sat Jul 01, 2017 4:17 am
Profile WWW
Team: Resident Evil
Rank: Peon
Main: Curse
Level: 3769

Joined: Fri Feb 28, 2014 12:51 pm
Posts: 52
Location: London - United Kingdom
Post Re: Hello admins
the white wizard wrote:
Why are you saying it as if I was dying or quitting or whatever


You're not?


Sat Jul 01, 2017 6:03 am
Profile
User avatar
Team: Fireflies
Rank: Peon
Main: The White Wizard
Level: 4276

Joined: Wed Mar 13, 2013 8:28 am
Posts: 252
Post Re: Hello admins
Max235 wrote:
I read the bottom of the post. And I while I agree that this being an MMO and it should have endgame content, making PPS the "endgame of the endgame" just to fulfill the whims of probably less than 10 people...especially in this day and age, is just silly.


Don't forget that these 10 are the top of the game and make approx 10% of total game's playerbase.

sabre198 wrote:
Admins weeding out old players for steam , you got weeded out.


No you got that wrong, you got banned(exterminated like all the pest of your disgusting kind should be) and I'm just waiting for a reason to play ss

deformedstar wrote:
the white wizard wrote:
Why are you saying it as if I was dying or quitting or whatever


You're not?


Did I say that I'm quitting? I only said that I won't resub my accounts

_________________
Image


Sat Jul 01, 2017 11:06 am
Profile
User avatar
Team: Star Revolution X
Rank: Officer
Main: Daedalus
Level: 9239

Joined: Mon Feb 02, 2009 2:57 pm
Posts: 4722
Location: Kuratovo, Russia
Post Re: Hello admins
The problem is we lost such a large number of players at the start of C2 and that number has only increased as the years have gone on. While I cannot stand MCing, it was bound to happen when you lose such a large amount of players. People suddenly don't have anyone to play the game with, so they make their own accounts and do it all themselves. I think people are starting to wake up to the fact that the game is more or less on life support, regardless of how much the devs want to deny it and claim that lots of people are still joining the game.


Sorry to be all doom and gloom, but Steam isn't going to save this game either. It will be another Reddit, a lot of people will come and only 5 will stick around. I know recently its become like a Revelation scenario to some of you, where if we just have faith in the game, steam will come and Star Sonata will rise again but it's just not going to happen. You will be lucky if it attracts large numbers of people at all. I will say one thing about what should change for people to actually stick around - The Nexus should be reverted back to what it was in C1 which was far more simple and basic. You started in a dead end galaxy, levelled up and gradually progressed into The Nexus. You didn't have any of this pirate / earthforce bullshit. I'm also referring to the graphics too by the way, which resembles the space equivalent of a landfill site.

_________________
Image

Image

Image
Image


Wed Jul 05, 2017 4:50 am
Profile
Team: Hiigaphiix
Rank:
Main: Schuldiner
Level: 3065

Joined: Wed Jul 18, 2007 6:05 am
Posts: 334
Location: Chile
Post Re: Hello admins
10/10 would not read again, but he is right.

C2 was a mistake.

hobo swallows :lol: :lol: :lol:


Wed Jul 05, 2017 9:27 am
Profile
User avatar
Team: Star Revolution X
Rank: Operator
Main: Septagons Titan
Level: 2296

Joined: Wed Jul 27, 2011 3:37 pm
Posts: 651
Location: Floof
Post Re: Hello admins
Tomzta09 wrote:
The problem is we lost such a large number of players at the start of C2 and that number has only increased as the years have gone on. While I cannot stand MCing, it was bound to happen when you lose such a large amount of players. People suddenly don't have anyone to play the game with, so they make their own accounts and do it all themselves. I think people are starting to wake up to the fact that the game is more or less on life support, regardless of how much the devs want to deny it and claim that lots of people are still joining the game.


Sorry to be all doom and gloom, but Steam isn't going to save this game either. It will be another Reddit, a lot of people will come and only 5 will stick around. I know recently its become like a Revelation scenario to some of you, where if we just have faith in the game, steam will come and Star Sonata will rise again but it's just not going to happen. You will be lucky if it attracts large numbers of people at all. I will say one thing about what should change for people to actually stick around - The Nexus should be reverted back to what it was in C1 which was far more simple and basic. You started in a dead end galaxy, levelled up and gradually progressed into The Nexus. You didn't have any of this pirate / earthforce bullshit. I'm also referring to the graphics too by the way, which resembles the space equivalent of a landfill site.


I was bored and looking through some of Lemons old videos a while back and came upon and old C1 trailer in my suggestions box. It felt bad watching it, the graphics were nostalgic but they had this crispness to them that C2 just entirely lacks. It made me miss flying around and PVPing in Free Market. It's not just the perspective in C2, the new engine they're using makes ship models look less detailed in some cases and much worse than in C1.

I don't really have any expectations for Steam to make SS big and huge or something, the game isn't really meant to support a large population of players (as in actual players, not MCed alts) at more than a thousand or two. The servers wouldn't even be able to handle it I think. I just hope that Steam might breathe some new life into the game. I've said it before and I'll say it again though, something needs to be done about MCing, everyone on RSI hated the idea of it, and if this game launches on Steam you will get absolutely destroyed if people see that it's still a big part of the game. I have no suggestions how to fix it though, the admins have gotten into a Catch-22 situation where the only reason the server is still running is because of those multiple accounts.

I'm not betting on that happening though. Issues with everything below T20, the inbalance between T20 and T21/22, the Nexus, FC still being the only realistic option for a new player to pick and succeed with (hint hint, this isn't a suggestion you should nerf FC, but rather add some gear or change things up so the other classes can be effective at low levels), the concentration of wealth and massive inflation, the balance of power being dominated by a few hyper powerful teams, and so much more. It's mind boggling sometimes how many problems and issues the game has for a brand new player.

I really hope you're wrong, and that the Steam release (in whatever decade it happens) won't turn into another RSI situation. I was there for that, and it still hurts. I don't think anyone else who was there is left.


Wed Jul 05, 2017 12:36 pm
Profile
Content Dev
User avatar
Team: Star Revolution X
Rank: Officer
Main: USSIowa
Level: 1954

Joined: Sat Jul 01, 2017 12:47 am
Posts: 10
Post Re: Hello admins
Septagon wrote:
FC still being the only realistic option for a new player to pick and succeed with (hint hint, this isn't a suggestion you should nerf FC, but rather add some gear or change things up so the other classes can be effective at low levels),


Just a note I just played a character so far up to level 700 or so solo, no help from other players(or my mains) as a speed demon. Exception being I did some missions in tandem with Sundog's low level speed demon. It was fairly efficient and fun. So it is definitely viable now to play other classes than FC. Honestly, I almost consider doing it as SD easier due to how annoying it is to control/build combat bots.


Thu Jul 06, 2017 7:22 am
Profile
User avatar
Team: Star Revolution X
Rank: Operator
Main: Maxathron
Level: 1695

Joined: Sat Jan 21, 2006 11:16 am
Posts: 5695
Post Re: Hello admins
It is easier to play SD and the more assault-y classes at earlier levels, though now the issue is getting them to work in a team function and differentiating setups. Also some of those classes have a real lack of dps without becoming glass cannons.

To give some numbers, my FC: Vazi with DOFBs and two EFDN slaves with DOFBs as well and three derpy Qokuji wild slaves will output something in the range of 90k dps at 700-800 range for the DOFBs (the wild slaves can technically get to 2000 from decent augs, but not counting that). This FC also have 78% resists (56%ish on mining), 300k shields, 140 speed, and 1500+ free hull after being fully loaded down.

My Berserker, which is augged CaL, Emp, RAphro because I like damage dealing setups..does something in the range of 40k dps from Merc/Solar Pulses, and probably in the neighborhood of 50k with the shotgun version (but not at the same range). This Zerk has 80% resists, 84% with energy/laser, 100k shields, 72 speed, and maybe 300 free hull after all the gear is in place.

The end result is that despite being a "combat class", I feel very weak compared to my FC. This is the same for my Sniper, SD, Seer, and Gunner. I will admit that my seer and SD are noobs, but after sinking 200b into the gunner (which is actually more than the FC), it doesn't feel as powerful.


Thu Jul 06, 2017 12:52 pm
Profile
Display posts from previous:  Sort by  
Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 22 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2  Next


Who is online

Users browsing this forum: Chalfonts and 2 guests


You cannot post new topics in this forum
You cannot reply to topics in this forum
You cannot edit your posts in this forum
You cannot delete your posts in this forum
You cannot post attachments in this forum

Jump to:  
Powered by phpBB © phpBB Group.