Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 64 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next
Team: Axis Industries
Main: Maxathron
Level: 4065

Post Re: Star Sonata Confessional
Basically LC nuked Pitch Black because they were close, an easy target, and would inevitably challenge LC for the lower DF LC space once they got going and settled in.

PB was a very active team with lots of solid members. However, the space they were going for was already pretty crowded and they still had two thirds of their members without a home. LC was on a time table before PB realized the situation and went into BVB-LC Mode.

Wed Jul 05, 2017 3:35 pm
Team: Spaghetti-O's
Main: meg
Level: 4212

anilv wrote:
chronos wrote:

Yea i remember that.

In that time LC/Traders/Pants were building close each other bcs we were at war with DM. So presence of other teams in that area was not tolerated.

That's incorrect. The time she is talking about happened well after the war in question. I know because I was part of Traders leadership and we were in fact moving to ally with DM against SP at this time.

I think DM was dead at this point? I had joined DM and a few days later they disbanded and a lot of us joined Pitch Black. Some of us reformed to make another team Caliente but I can't remember if Caliente or Pitch Black was right after DM disbanded. I'm pretty sure PB came after DM though because we had Aanakin and I don't think he was on Caliente.. I think after PB died I went back to MAD+ for a bit then we made Caliente. Idk, ask GQ

Max235 wrote:
Basically LC nuked Pitch Black because they were close, an easy target, and would inevitably challenge LC for the lower DF LC space once they got going and settled in.

PB was a very active team with lots of solid members. However, the space they were going for was already pretty crowded and they still had two thirds of their members without a home. LC was on a time table before PB realized the situation and went into BVB-LC Mode.

I will still never forgive the people that destroyed us

Wed Jul 05, 2017 3:54 pm
Team: Merchant Waffen Division
Main: Schuldiner
Level: 3912

I saw that, Feelgood was saying that he got some persons banned and that curse is pathetic. :lol: :lol: :lol:

Wed Jul 05, 2017 4:50 pm
Team: Fireflies
Main: The White Wizard
Level: 4276

Dispatched wrote:
I saw that, Feelgood was saying that he got some persons banned and that curse is pathetic. :lol: :lol: :lol:

You failed to read/understand the post if that's what you saw

Wed Jul 05, 2017 4:50 pm
Team: Merchant Waffen Division
Main: Schuldiner
Level: 3912

the white wizard wrote:
Dispatched wrote:

You failed to read/understand the post if that's what you saw

Then post it again so i can understand it :mrgreen: :mrgreen:

Wed Jul 05, 2017 4:52 pm
Team: Eminence Front
Main: Helius
Level: 3033

That's incorrect. The time she is talking about happened well after the war in question. I know because I was part of Traders leadership and we were in fact moving to ally with DM against SP at this time.[/quote]

My bad then. We had similar issue near LC space.

Thu Jul 06, 2017 1:41 am
Team: Spaghetti-O's
Main: meg
Level: 4212

Ok I was talking about this on discord but the story itself isn't really a confession, but I guess I'll kind of make it into one.

I'm kinda messed up on dates but I think near the end of 2011, I tried to join Traders. I think it was after Pitch Black disbanded, and also after our second attempt at a team Caliente disbanded. A lot of the core members of Pitch Black/Caliente joined Traders.

Felix (Rhinoceros) and I decided we wanted to join, each with our singular main characters, because our friends were on the team. I somehow ended up talking to Erman about it and he said that the team was getting pretty full and that he would ask the team if they were okay with us joining. I figured that we should be good to go because we each only wanted to join with one character and most everyone on the team would probably be fine with us joining because they were our friends. I had noticed that in the time period between my asking Erman to join, Traders also accepted a few other people onto the team (I don't remember who off the top of my head I think I mention it in the conversation). The players they accepted each had at least multiple characters join the team, so I figured there would also probably be enough room for Felix and I.

I don't have the screenshot of the entire conversation and it was so long ago I don't remember exactly what he said, but it was basically that he was still leaning towards not letting me (or Felix but at this point I was the only one talking to Erman) on the team. Soooo I got mad, because it felt unreasonable, and I still think it's unreasonable. It just felt personal, there really seemed like no logistical reason not to allow me on the team (and people I spoke to on discord about this seemed to agree with me so I guess I'm not crazy). I really have very little screenshots of my time on ss (which is annoying) but for some reason I still have this one, so here's me screwing my "last chance" to get on Traders (although I felt he had already made up his mind which is why I just said fuck it and tried to defend myself and explain why it made no sense to me).

I think he played up this conversation like he hadn't made up his mind but I think it had been pretty clear he had, but then used my reaction as an excuse for him not to have to say he didn't want us on the team probably because he just didn't like us. Which isn't surprising to me, I probably annoyed (and still do) the crap out of some people and he didn't want us annoying him in team chat. I personally thought Felix and I were a hoot and made our teams not a bore to be on but I guess that's just me. It's very possible that in the chat before this screenshot I was being ridiculous and cussing him out, I really don't remember, but here I don't think I'm being unreasonable.

Attachment:
erman.png

So here's my "confession". Unsurprisingly I am a very different person on SS than I am in real life, in the way I express myself (People never seem to believe me when I say this, not sure why :P) . Unless I know you really well in real life I'm pretty quiet and I'm not confrontational. I started playing SS when I was 15 and I played a lot of games online and found it was fun to let out my loud and sometimes obnoxious side online because it didn't matter to me as much who I was annoying.

As I continued to play SS it was really the only place I let that side of me out. I've kind of let it seep into my "everyday personality" more to allow myself to be more confrontational and not be afraid of having difficult conversations and such or sharing my opinion on something, I just try to be a little less obnoxious, not sure if it's working.

Playing SS gave me more confidence to defend myself because people called each other out on bullshit all the time. But if something similar to this situation had happened to be in real life, I wouldn't have even tried to defend myself. I would have just been like oh ok I understand and then gone home and angry cried or something. But on SS I felt like I had the confidence to defend myself, and that still got me shut down.

And I guess if I learned anything from this it's that if I was in a similar situation to Erman, I wouldn't act the way he did. Sometimes people get frustrated but that doesn't make the points they are making less valid, and you have to own up to your bullshit sometimes. Maybe my idea that he had already pretty much made up his mind not to let us on the team because he just didn't like us was wrong, and he really was still considering, but I just really don't believe that was the case.

This is something I still am kinda salty about clearly and it's been so long I may be forgetting some important detail that actually makes me the bad guy. I did have a tendency to get angry and just let loose on people, (cough Sharky when LC essentially killed PB) but I really don't remember if this was one of those times. I try not to do that anymore. I usually just type out angry messages and then don't send them, then come back when I'm not angry and delete it. Works 98% of the time.

But after this I pretty much quit SS until I came back for a few months in 2014, then left again until now. That group of friends is what made SS so much fun for me and when I pretty much couldn't play with them the way I wanted to anymore I was just done. A lot of people left after C2 was released which sucked but this kind of sealed the deal on my long term play of SS.

Also, he never messaged me the next day.

You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.

Thu Jul 06, 2017 1:58 am
Contributor
Team: Eminence Front
Main: Dark Steel
Level: 9138

To be honest I've always thought erman was an asshole in game. He played nice with his group of friends and didn't give a single shit about the rest. It felt like you had to earn his friendship/respect or he'd just treat you like a peasant. He still logs on from time to time nowadays and he's not so bad anymore :P

But hey, if you still want that invite, I gotchu fam :wink:

Universe Map: http://www.starsonata.com/map/

Thu Jul 06, 2017 3:19 am
Main: Mow
Level: 9759

I changed to Speed Demon when I was level 400 and became known as the worst Speed Demon to ever exist in the history of this game. Old RE members will be able to back me up on it.

Thu Jul 06, 2017 6:31 am
Main: Septagons Titan
Level: 2312

This happened in the ancient past, like 2008 or so during C1. Basically, me and a teammate in an old dead F2P team went out on a pirate hunting expedition. There was this guy, he had either been F2P for years or was some P2P persons alt and he had it out for our team. For like 4 months he kept podding and killing people passing through Free Market/Glass Matrix. So we decided to go after him and punish him one day. I was the damage with my billion Bulker slaves, fighters and tracking lasers and the teammate was bait basically. He lured the guy into a DG near Free Market and I came up behind. We chainpodded him like 3-4 times, he logged out, we sat there for about an hour, and chainpodded him another 2 times when he logged back in. After that he managed to get out. But from that we got like, what was a treasure chest for us back in that time. Some sort of ruin gatling laser, an overloader stable 0 or 1, and weirdly a hydroponics. To this day, I still don't know what he was doing carrying a hydroponics around.

But yeah, we never saw him around again so I'm pretty sure we drove him to ragequit :D

Thu Jul 06, 2017 9:47 am
over 9000!
Main: enkelin
Level: 5600

Oh I remembered another one. My second alt (maziwa) was originally conceived as a lowbie pirate. I put him in a Hotrod+ with some Berserker skill and Radiation Control and went around multifiring point defenses. I only ever killed one guy, some dude in a Rosburst a few jumps from Sol (this was ages before EF/Wild Space layers). My first victim was also the reason why I never continued my career of piracy. He just sounded so plaintive and confused in gal chat.

Hi, I'm Anil, a long-time player turned developer. I am Star Sonata's lead content developer, which means that I run weekly dev meetings and make sure that any proposed changes to the game receive proper review before going live.

http://www.starsonata.com/features

Thu Jul 06, 2017 11:09 am
Team: Star Revolution X
Main: Xantra
Level: 2904

Back in 06 or 07, I went inactive for a long time, and I gave the director of LC at the time (Alright or Mrs A we all called her) my account details to use for base slots. Somehow or another, I don't really know what happened, Minch and a bunch of other people got hold of my details and basically stripped my whole account of everything that could be taken and my account was banned permanently. It was a couple of years after that when I came back and it took me a long time to get my account unbanned and back into my possession and I basically had to start over with nothing.

I also somehow persuaded JeffL to make me a chatmod once when I was one of the worst offenders for spamming chat.

Thu Jul 06, 2017 12:29 pm

Can I get a "promise" from the admins that they won't delete my confession even if it involves getting many players banned, I've been thinking about it since this thread was made but the fact that the long confession post could be deleted is stopping me from doing so

Thu Jul 06, 2017 5:00 pm
Main: Septagons Titan
Level: 2312

the white wizard wrote:
Can I get a "promise" from the admins that they won't delete my confession even if it involves getting many players banned, I've been thinking about it since this thread was made but the fact that the long confession post could be deleted is stopping me from doing so

Do you mean like people getting banned in the past, or what you want to talk about could get many people banned?

If the admins don't allow it I and other people here would almost definitely be interested in hearing about it over PMs or something.

Thu Jul 06, 2017 5:10 pm

Septagon wrote:
the white wizard wrote:

Do you mean like people getting banned in the past, or what you want to talk about could get many people banned?

If the admins don't allow it I and other people here would almost definitely be interested in hearing about it over PMs or something.

It will get a lot players banned, probably including me for knowing stuff. Also they can read forum pms

Thu Jul 06, 2017 5:12 pm
Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 64 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next