Main: Septagons Titan
Level: 2312

Post Star Sonata Confessional
Let's be honest, in the years we've played this game we all have at one point or another done stupid, silly, unpleasant, or bad things that we probably regret now. I thought it might be an interesting idea for a thread for people to talk and tell others about some of those things in the past.

I'll start.

I feel semi guilty for the death of RSI, even though that is really stupid, since RSI was dying from essentially the moment it was created. Way back when it was still somewhat active and I was on it, I was in some higher role helping to recruit people and Charlie asked me if I thought Churchill (who wanted to join the team) should be allowed in. Now, as you all know Churchill has acquired an interesting reputation to say the least over the years, but I always found him to be mostly decent (if a bit prone to rambling) and weirdly cute. I pushed hard for him to be allowed into the team even though Charlie was worried it would cause problems, and it turned out it did. There was that whole embarrasing incident with him and DIE playing minecraft and then base gear being tossed, and just the general bad will directed at him from people in the playerbase. Eventually DoW PvB'd a few galaxies and an act of sabotage basically finished what remained of the team off. Churchills name ended up being used as the excuse for some of those things. Was it his fault? Probably not, people would have found another excuse to destroy stuff or sabotage bases but I do feel him being there definitely gave certain people a convinent excuse to destroy stuff. And with how hard I pushed for him being there that bit falls squarely on me.

Anyway, that's it. Not sure if it's rambling or not, it's super late here and I'm super sleepy.

Tue Jul 04, 2017 1:53 am
Team: Commonwealth
Main: Fyuryus
Level: 3451

Post Re: Star Sonata Confessional
I installed the game. Biggest mistake I ever made.

Tue Jul 04, 2017 2:03 am
Team: Deep Space Federation
Main: Rendghast
Level: 3504

my first month on game someone offered to hand me a half dozen accounts and an entire team as they where leaving. I said no.

Tue Jul 04, 2017 4:16 am
Main: MeowStick
Level: 4929

Pming Dr FeelCunt on my last day of playing as xFiStEdx to sell or get rid of my account. Ended up playing a year of this fucking game

Tue Jul 04, 2017 4:17 am
over 9000!
Main: enkelin
Level: 5600

Back in 2008 when I was a few hundred levels high, there was this bug that would make AI twitch and shoot randomly when they got to low health. I went to a Death Mental galaxy and shot some Blue Betas until they twitched and pwned a passing Leviathan trade slave, which dropped a Bart's Expander. Never told anyone! :twisted:

Hi, I'm Anil, a long-time player turned developer. I am Star Sonata's lead content developer, which means that I run weekly dev meetings and make sure that any proposed changes to the game receive proper review before going live.

http://www.starsonata.com/features

Tue Jul 04, 2017 8:52 am
Main: MeowStick
Level: 4929

anilv wrote:
Back in 2008 when I was a few hundred levels high, there was this bug that would make AI twitch and shoot randomly when they got to low health. I went to a Death Mental galaxy and shot some Blue Betas until they twitched and pwned a passing Leviathan trade slave, which dropped a Bart's Expander. Never told anyone! :twisted:

This is literally the ss equivalent of Theresa May running through fields of wheat.

Tue Jul 04, 2017 9:19 am
Team: The Unforeseen Colonies
Main: Masterful
Level: 6877

This happens about 4 years ago, and now that I've quit with no intention of playing again it doesn't really bother me.

After coming back following a long break, I stripped several endgame accs I had access to. The player quit a year prior to this, and has still not came back to this day. I took the ships/un-NB gear and used it on my own accs (I had 2 at this time), highlights of which were a Prawn, HM and some other pretty good stuff, back when it was all top notch endgame content. I then used this gear to rebuild RE, where I played solo for about a year until other players started coming along.

Cost me quite a lot of SP.

tl;dr Current era RE is built on stolen gear, ships and equipment. Unlike Traders, which is built on getting space blue betas to shoot at leviathans.

Tue Jul 04, 2017 9:34 am
over 9000!

Masterful wrote:
tl;dr Current era RE is built on stolen gear, ships and equipment. Unlike Traders, which is built on getting space blue betas to shoot at leviathans.
:lol:

Hi, I'm Anil, a long-time player turned developer. I am Star Sonata's lead content developer, which means that I run weekly dev meetings and make sure that any proposed changes to the game receive proper review before going live.

Tue Jul 04, 2017 9:35 am

Fyuryus wrote:

Such a grave sin cannot be absolved my child.

I am afraid you're condemned to be here, playing SS forever.

Just like the rest of us

Tue Jul 04, 2017 9:36 am
Team: Fireflies
Main: The White Wizard
Level: 4276

Fyuryus wrote:

Though this is my fault for getting lured by blake into this game, he lured me with promises of great wealth and treasures. This led to another terrible mistake, after blake and brendon sold their accounts I didn't change passwords to my accounts and they made quite a mess, including some REtards logging on my accounts to steal setups. Brendon's retardism also allowed frushits to exploit and he still owes me the 400b he stole with exploits (he didn't have access to the account with 400b, got them with exploit). I still have the support ticket.

Other than that, 3 years later I created curse which is now a disease for ss

Tue Jul 04, 2017 10:27 am
over 9000!

I'll have to moderate posts and lock this thread if people don't start following the rules about RL transactions.

Tue Jul 04, 2017 11:26 am
Team: Star Revolution X
Main: topbuzzz
Level: 8015

I thought Wan King was a town in China untill I discovered Star Sonata

Tue Jul 04, 2017 11:27 am
Profile WWW

anilv wrote:
I'll have to moderate posts and lock this thread if people don't start following the rules about RL transactions.

Off topic, but why is that still a thing even? I can understand outright buying/selling posts, but discussion of it in general? It's a thing that's been happening for around a decade or more, it's the worst kept secret in the game, and trying to pretend it doesn't exist doesn't stop it from happening. If anything an honest in depth discussion on it somewhere might do some good in curbing it or leading to a way it of happening in a safer manner.

Tue Jul 04, 2017 11:32 am
Team: Eminence Front
Main: Momonga
Level: 6776

the white wizard wrote:
Fyuryus wrote:

Though this is my fault for getting lured by blake into this game, he lured me with promises of great wealth and treasures. This led to another terrible mistake, after blake and brendon sold their accounts I didn't change passwords to my accounts and they made quite a mess, including some REtards logging on my accounts to steal setups. Brendon's retardism also allowed frushits to exploit and he still owes me the 400b he stole with exploits (he didn't have access to the account with 400b, got them with exploit). I still have the support ticket.

?????????????????

Tue Jul 04, 2017 12:07 pm
Team: Fireflies
Main: The White Wizard
Level: 4276

Freez wrote:
the white wizard wrote:
Fyuryus wrote:

?????????????????

>admitted in 2015 that he stole my 400b using exploits
>2 years later pretends to know nothing

Tue Jul 04, 2017 12:54 pm