Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 63 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next
Team: Star Revolution X
Main: topbuzzz
Level: 8015

Post Re: It's time to wipe the server
no the best option would be directly dealing with the lack of new players. not trying to re-arrange deckchairs on the titanic!

Tue Jul 11, 2017 10:36 am
Profile WWW
Main: Septagons Titan
Level: 2312

sabre198 wrote:
no the best option would be directly dealing with the lack of new players. not trying to re-arrange deckchairs on the titanic!

If SS is the Titanic, who is the band playing music to calm everyone as the ship slowly sinks? :P

Tue Jul 11, 2017 11:34 am
over 9000!
Main: enkelin
Level: 5600

Septagon wrote:
sabre198 wrote:

If SS is the Titanic, who is the band playing music to calm everyone as the ship slowly sinks? :P

That would be Markoz posting inappropriate gifs.

Hi, I'm Anil, a long-time player turned developer. I am Star Sonata's lead content developer, which means that I run weekly dev meetings and make sure that any proposed changes to the game receive proper review before going live.

http://www.starsonata.com/features

Tue Jul 11, 2017 12:07 pm
Main: k-2
Level: 2715

At the apparent pace the game is currently taking, i wouldn't be surprised if a server wipe actually takes place. However that might sound appealing or discouraging to anyone, what is step 2?

Tue Jul 11, 2017 12:29 pm
over 9000!

kilua wrote:
At the apparent pace the game is currently taking, i wouldn't be surprised if a server wipe actually takes place. However that might sound appealing or discouraging to anyone, what is step 2?

There will not be a server wipe.

Hi, I'm Anil, a long-time player turned developer. I am Star Sonata's lead content developer, which means that I run weekly dev meetings and make sure that any proposed changes to the game receive proper review before going live.

Tue Jul 11, 2017 1:00 pm

anilv wrote:
kilua wrote:

What about an alternate server being setup upon steam release?

Tue Jul 11, 2017 1:28 pm
Team: Star Revolution X
Main: topbuzzz
Level: 8015

That won't happen either these threads pop up time again and always end the same

Tue Jul 11, 2017 1:32 pm
Profile WWW
over 9000!

Septagon wrote:
anilv wrote:
kilua wrote:

What about an alternate server being setup upon steam release?

I haven't heard anything that would indicate this being considered.

Tue Jul 11, 2017 1:33 pm
Team: Adamantiumized Souls
Main: Commander Z
Level: 3372

I've read everyone posts and not sure if I over read this or not but didn't see this mentioned... But if their biggest issue is they fear people are going to quit, why not have a public poll? Then majority rules as it be.

Tue Jul 11, 2017 7:17 pm
over 9000!

ArcturusB wrote:
I've read everyone posts and not sure if I over read this or not but didn't see this mentioned... But if their biggest issue is they fear people are going to quit, why not have a public poll? Then majority rules as it be.

Except only a small minority of the community actually read the forum.

Tue Jul 11, 2017 10:33 pm
Team: Deep Space Federation
Main: Rendghast
Level: 3504

ArcturusB wrote:

Except for the problem of False Expectations. The majority might well anticipate a server wipe having a series of effects which it will almost certainly not have (as detailed in my response). So even if the majority DO support a server wipe, the reasons they are supporting it will not be fixed by the wipe, and we will have them quit even though the supported the wipe. Its kind of like how people vote for trump as a joke, only to recoil in horror when he was sworn in.

Wed Jul 12, 2017 2:07 am

lrellok wrote:
ArcturusB wrote:

Except for the problem of False Expectations. The majority might well anticipate a server wipe having a series of effects which it will almost certainly not have (as detailed in my response). So even if the majority DO support a server wipe, the reasons they are supporting it will not be fixed by the wipe, and we will have them quit even though the supported the wipe. Its kind of like how people vote for trump as a joke, only to recoil in horror when he was sworn in.

With a few small changes, a server wipe wouldn't be as bad as you're thinking. Most people have no illusions that it would magically fix all the games problems, all they really want is for people to be put back on an even playing field and for the trillions of credits and hordes of stockpiled gear and commods to vanish.

Lemon's idea for seasonal universes would almost certainly work I think, but as usual nothing ever came of it from the dev team and admins.

Wed Jul 12, 2017 8:28 am
Team: Commonwealth
Main: Fyuryus
Level: 3451

http://www.strawpoll.me/13413316/r

Poll created by Sundog asking players what their reaction would be to a server wipe.

Wed Jul 12, 2017 11:39 pm
Main: Mow
Level: 9759

Fyuryus wrote:
http://www.strawpoll.me/13413316/r

Poll created by Sundog asking players what their reaction would be to a server wipe.

Unfortunately I'd quit. I'm sure most of you could guess why. :lol:

Thu Jul 13, 2017 2:51 am
Team: Axis Industries
Main: Maxathron
Level: 4065

Same. It's like "Well, we know you just spent 10 years of your life to get a Master's degree, but to put everyone on an even playing field we're deleting all Associate, Bachelor, Master, PhD, and Technical Degrees. We're doing it because we feel the extra benefit of having a degree offends those who couldn't get one. Ta ta!"

Thu Jul 13, 2017 3:05 am
Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 63 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next