Contributor
Team: Star Revolution X
Main: Hober Mallow
Level: 4886

Post Re: OFFICIAL: Engine adjustments on Test Server
On the test server right now, is a patch where Engines across the board have about 100% more Thrust and 33% more Turning. Ace in a Pill's will have had their duration reduced to 12 seconds (This is the same duration as Precision Pills). Please feel free to reply with your feedback about these changes.

Thu Aug 31, 2017 11:25 am
Main: uss brown
Level: 7967

MasterTrader wrote:
On the test server right now, is a patch where Engines across the board have about 100% more Thrust and 33% more Turning. Ace in a Pill's will have had their duration reduced to 12 seconds (This is the same duration as Precision Pills). Please feel free to reply with your feedback about these changes.

Why not remove them from the game if you're gonna nerf them that hard? Accomplishes the same thing anyways.

Thu Aug 31, 2017 5:12 pm
Team: Suns of Hades
Main: Zerendalus
Level: 6082

MasterTrader wrote:

I think this change will shift the ace in a pills into more of a situational tweak kinda thing. I've been using them mainly for the mobility boost, but they're also really useful against things that apply -turn or -thrust.

Fri Sep 01, 2017 7:35 am
Team: Devil Dogs
Main: Nirvana
Level: 3251

One of the uses I use my FC Zeus for is in Olympus I use him to hold down Oly ubers while supplying an aura, I had a specific setup that gave enough tractoring to do this. That got nerfed, after finally getting around to changing up the augs he is able to hold down Oly ubers once again. With this change it becomes completely useless, you double the engine stats, AI engines get doubled. Meaning I can no longer hold them down without getting drug across the system. Ace in a Pills were vital for me to have enough thrust to keep my fat ass from moving, which if nerfed to 12seconds is not a viable option for a fight that lasts any length of time. And that is with the Antu Zrgga engine, which only has two engines better then it, anni/ada thrusters.

Unless this engine change is isolated to only player/player owned ships, it is a unnecessary change. For 14 years it has always been a fight to get the best engine onto a ship you can to make it mobile enough to be able to actually fly, this change makes it viable to toss those big sized engines into storage and break out smaller ones that now have the same mobility as the ones 2-3x the size used to have. Why use something 400+ in size that now has more thrust/turning then what I even need when I can use something not even 200 in size that now has more thrust and turning then the 400+ size engine used to have.

Oh and stealth engines, one of the disadvantages to using a stealth engine was you sacrificed a chunk of your mobility to remain hidden. Give those engines 100% more thrust and 33% more turning and your stealth engines are now insanely better, meaning those stealthy buggers that are supposed to be slow turds when it comes to maneuverability are quite nimble to what they used to be.

If the whole point is to make non-augmod engines more viable, then focus on BUFFING those engines. Not nerfing ace in a pills, while doubling all engine stats. That just breaks other aspects of the game without making non-augmod engines better.

Lolwut? wrote:
assasinat3r wrote:
My mother is a space rat, what now?

And that makes you... what, exactly? Canadian?

Mon Sep 04, 2017 2:42 pm
over 9000!
Main: enkelin
Level: 5600

SkatePunk wrote:
One of the uses I use my FC Zeus for is in Olympus I use him to hold down Oly ubers while supplying an aura, I had a specific setup that gave enough tractoring to do this. That got nerfed, after finally getting around to changing up the augs he is able to hold down Oly ubers once again. With this change it becomes completely useless, you double the engine stats, AI engines get doubled. Meaning I can no longer hold them down without getting drug across the system. Ace in a Pills were vital for me to have enough thrust to keep my fat ass from moving, which if nerfed to 12seconds is not a viable option for a fight that lasts any length of time. And that is with the Antu Zrgga engine, which only has two engines better then it, anni/ada thrusters.

Unless this engine change is isolated to only player/player owned ships, it is a unnecessary change. For 14 years it has always been a fight to get the best engine onto a ship you can to make it mobile enough to be able to actually fly, this change makes it viable to toss those big sized engines into storage and break out smaller ones that now have the same mobility as the ones 2-3x the size used to have. Why use something 400+ in size that now has more thrust/turning then what I even need when I can use something not even 200 in size that now has more thrust and turning then the 400+ size engine used to have.

Oh and stealth engines, one of the disadvantages to using a stealth engine was you sacrificed a chunk of your mobility to remain hidden. Give those engines 100% more thrust and 33% more turning and your stealth engines are now insanely better, meaning those stealthy buggers that are supposed to be slow turds when it comes to maneuverability are quite nimble to what they used to be.

If the whole point is to make non-augmod engines more viable, then focus on BUFFING those engines. Not nerfing ace in a pills, while doubling all engine stats. That just breaks other aspects of the game without making non-augmod engines better.

That is a good point but we are also currently working over tractor beams so we can try to take this into account.

Hi, I'm Anil, a long-time player turned developer. I am Star Sonata's lead content developer, which means that I run weekly dev meetings and make sure that any proposed changes to the game receive proper review before going live.

http://www.starsonata.com/features

Mon Sep 04, 2017 3:25 pm
Main: topbuzzz
Level: 8015

lol dogs breakfast springs to mind

Tue Sep 05, 2017 3:35 am
Profile WWW