Main: Camm
Level: 863

Post ghkghkgh
lhgluujlhlh

Last edited by Cameron231099 on Tue Nov 27, 2018 5:33 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Wed Aug 16, 2017 2:05 pm
over 9000!
Main: enkelin
Level: 5600

Post Re: Newbro feedback
Thanks for the feedback. I'll respond to some of your points below.

We are going to release SS on Steam. I don't really get the point you're making since anyone who joins from Steam will not have been waiting around for all this time for the release. There won't be a history with the dev team, good or bad.

I just played a new character solo up to level 250 and agree that the starting area is pretty good. It's not always super clear what's optional but it feels like it works to me.

Agreed about the SP comment. We are looking at ways for people to spend such low denominations as that.

The item modification system is being reworked but it's just a big project for the volunteer dev team.

If you could reply with a list of all the progression bottlenecks you discovered, I would be happy to go over that and try to figure out alternative paths. This includes both skill bottlenecks and itemization ones (e.g. not using missiles). Please be specific.

For now the stance on the wiki is that it is a player-maintained resource. We have tossed around the idea of automatically pushing stats to it, but that's not happening any time soon. We have however appointed a few community members as "wiki masters" or something, so hopefully that is helping a bit.

Changing class isn't supposed to be that expensive. It caps at 500m at level 500. Early on you should be able to change a few times without it costing too much.

I agree that suns are a bit weird in their "bump" implementation. I believe we are planning to push them down quite a ways so they are less intrusive.

It's definitely not intended for people to engage in combat with a travel field on. What ship are you using? Maybe we should make travel fields take more energy.

A database of hostile NPCs sounds like a good thing to have on the wiki. It would be easy enough for players to create.

Other than sun bumps, what else would be needed to make the game "true 2D?"

We revised how the combat class system works. You should simply be able to click through the dialogs to retrain your focus and class of choice.

Augmenter Tweaking was revised. Are you referring to the old system or the new one (that goes up to level 10)?

Hi, I'm Anil, a long-time player turned developer. I am Star Sonata's lead content developer, which means that I run weekly dev meetings and make sure that any proposed changes to the game receive proper review before going live.

http://www.starsonata.com/features

Wed Aug 16, 2017 6:48 pm

Post ;'joi;j;ij
ji[jo'ik'kol

Last edited by Cameron231099 on Tue Nov 27, 2018 5:33 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Wed Aug 16, 2017 11:25 pm
Contributor
Team: Star Revolution X
Main: Hober Mallow
Level: 4886

Cameron231099 wrote:
Would be nostalgic and retro to not see the ships rotate when they turn and to have no shading by default, much like StarfighterDisputedGalaxy (old flash game) or just SS1. The 3D feels out of place as it currently is in my opinion, Mybe that's just my bias from playing SS1 though.

Have you turned on Orthographic mode?

Thu Aug 17, 2017 10:00 am

Post jp;ji
ko['kio[ii09

Tue Nov 27, 2018 5:33 pm
over 9000!
Team: Axis Industries
Main: Churchill
Level: 5620

Post Re: ghkghkgh
Timestamp says August 2017 :feelstornadoman:

Last edited by Battlecruiser23 on Fri Nov 30, 2018 11:21 am, edited 1 time in total.

Wed Nov 28, 2018 7:23 am
Team: Suns of Hades
Main: Zerendalus
Level: 6082

anilv wrote:
For now the stance on the wiki is that it is a player-maintained resource. We have tossed around the idea of automatically pushing stats to it, but that's not happening any time soon. We have however appointed a few community members as "wiki masters" or something, so hopefully that is helping a bit.

thanks for clarifying this. time to go ham and update all the wiki stats aye

Cameron231099 wrote:
lhgluujlhlh

Cameron231099 wrote:
ji[jo'ik'kol

Cameron231099 wrote:
ko['kio[ii09

wtf

Thu Nov 29, 2018 7:18 am