Team: Suns of Hades
Main: LemonPrime
Level: 8087

Post FIVE YEARS OF STEAM AND STILL NOT ON STEAM WTF ADMINS
Hey I heard this game is dying. We have 600 p2ps and less than 3k characters this uni.

We were greenlit in 2012. 5 years. Still not on Steam.

Release as early access, open beta, who the fuck cares. Release.

Suddenly, players. Players = money = paid devs = content and patches that actually happen and are tested.

Sounds great right? All you gotta do is RELEASE THE FUCKING GAME ON STEAM.

I came back from a 2 year break expecting shit to be better. Nice meme.

Sun Aug 27, 2017 3:41 pm
over 9000!
Main: enkelin
Level: 5600

Post Re: FIVE YEARS OF STEAM AND STILL NOT ON STEAM WTF ADMINS
This is only tangentially related, but I played the game from scratch without endgame assistance and am up to about level 450. The new player experience was really enjoyable. I think we would have a pretty decent shot of growing the player base on release.

Hi, I'm Anil, a long-time player turned developer. I am Star Sonata's lead content developer, which means that I run weekly dev meetings and make sure that any proposed changes to the game receive proper review before going live.

http://www.starsonata.com/features

Sun Aug 27, 2017 4:47 pm

anilv wrote:
This is only tangentially related, but I played the game from scratch without endgame assistance and am up to about level 450. The new player experience was really enjoyable. I think we would have a pretty decent shot of growing the player base on release.

I went from 1-500ish in the past few days, it's pretty fun. Jungle is brokenly overtuned and there is a pretty bad lack of direction from missions after Blue Outpost, but that's ok.

Sun Aug 27, 2017 5:12 pm
Team: Axis Industries
Main: Maxathron
Level: 4065

From what I know, Jungle:

->Was introduced as a Baby Serengeti, with similarly designed AI, loot, and layout.

->Had a Mastodon-type AI, similar to Emperor Shadam. A Mastodon ship was eventually added for the UZ.

->Was ridiculously easy to kill. Primal gear was meh and required a significant Jungle Armada Crest investment. The intent was that you'd kill them every day for low loot chance because you could literally farm them on a single level 200 character.

->Jungle was buffed. Boss scripts added, loot increased and expanded to include Primal gear. JAC droprate was looked at and buffed a bit. Jungle AI received an aggro radius and the Leopard areas was made a little easier for people with lower tech radars (Tech 12 radars were having issues seeing any ai). The bosses are significantly harder overall at their tech levels (previously you could one shot most of them with a single Medium AP salvo, and two or three shot the beefy Elephant and Bear bosses).

->The reiteration of Jungle was intended (the dev team only informally explained it) as Group Content. You are not *meant* to solo it with a Tech 10 character, but you can if you're skilled enough (or a bloody FC).

->Jungle gear and ships are supposed to be pretty endgame for their tech levels, though the Ship Tech Upgrades screwed around with this and made them powerful from T12-T19. They're not meant to be used beyond T16 overall, where a Wingship V would start to overpower the Leopard due to access to Athena/Ares augs.

Sun Aug 27, 2017 5:26 pm
Main: Septagons Titan
Level: 2312

What with Feelgood showing that the game has more holes than swiss cheese in terms of hacking vulnerabilities, it's probably not going to come out on Steam for a long, long time.

Thu Aug 31, 2017 10:07 pm
Contributor
Team: Eminence Front
Main: Dark Steel
Level: 9138

Actually, Jey is coming near completion of several tempering detection tools. So that wouldn't be what keeps us off of Steam. As far as I know we're just waiting for Ryan to finish up the shop and for Steam to approve.

Universe Map: http://www.starsonata.com/map/

Fri Sep 01, 2017 2:24 am
Team: Star Revolution X
Main: topbuzzz
Level: 8015

what was keeping us off steam in year 3-4? the tampering thing has only just came on top this last year.

Fri Sep 01, 2017 2:54 am
Profile WWW
over 9000!
Main: enkelin
Level: 5600

sabre198 wrote:
what was keeping us off steam in year 3-4? the tampering thing has only just came on top this last year.

My understanding was that there was a long period of back and forth regarding whether we had all the bells and whistles that Steam requires.

Hi, I'm Anil, a long-time player turned developer. I am Star Sonata's lead content developer, which means that I run weekly dev meetings and make sure that any proposed changes to the game receive proper review before going live.

http://www.starsonata.com/features

Fri Sep 01, 2017 9:03 am
Main: Serg!o
Level: 4118

Lemon you would just kill the new playerbase with you scamming and theft. They would just all quit after being ripped off by you and having accounts/gear scammed.

Mon Sep 04, 2017 9:15 pm

AustinAfizzle wrote:
Lemon you would just kill the new playerbase with you scamming and theft. They would just all quit after being ripped off by you and having accounts/gear scammed.

Lol'd. I haven't played this shitstorm of a game seriously in 2 years+. Good to see my reputation remains pristine as always.

Thu Sep 28, 2017 4:02 am
Team: Star Revolution X
Main: topbuzzz
Level: 8015

There are a couple of steps along the path to getting your game up and ready for distribution via Steam. Here is a general overview.
Sign the digital paperwork. You’ll need the information as detailed below.
Pay the app deposit fee with any supported Steam payment method as detailed below.
Complete the paperwork with your bank and tax information as well as identity verification so that we know who we’ll be doing business with.
Now you have access to Steamworks and can begin preparing your title for release. You’ll need to build your store page, upload your builds, configure any Steamworks features, and enter your desired pricing. We’ve worked hard to streamline our tools and document all the features and functionality available to you. Check out the Steamworks documentation for more details.
Before your store page or game build can go live, there is a brief review process where we run your game, look at your store page, and check that it is configured correctly and running as expected and not doing anything harmful. This takes between 1-5 days.
There are a couple of additional timing requirements before you can release your first few titles on Steam:
A 30-day waiting period between when you paid the app fee and when you can release your game. This gives us time to review your information and confirm that we know who we're doing business with.
You’ll need to prepare your store page and put up a publicly-visible ‘coming soon’ page for at least two weeks. This will help you start building your audience of interested customers that can wishlist your game or participate in discussions. This also gives you the opportunity to practice how you talk about your product so that you can have the best presentation when you hit the ‘release’ button.
Now you’re all set to release. The release controls are now in your hands and you can update whenever you want.

Thu Sep 28, 2017 7:00 am
Profile WWW

There was some dipshit on another discord trying to explain to Ryan that Steam needs to track all player statistics before they could be Launched, as well as explain that all games that use the Steam Platform are legally owned by Steam, because no lawyer would ever allow that to happen so the company can be sued for false advertisement. Then he gave no links or citations and expected his critics to look up the information themselves in order to prove or disprove him.

Oh, and he automatically assumed someone was a professional coder because the guy didn't automatically reject his "Teachings". Because of his belief that professions will agree with his arguments and that anyone who doesn't is a fake. And so he told Ryan to his face that he's a fake when Ryan shut him down.

Thu Sep 28, 2017 7:57 am
Contributor
Main: Dark Steel
Level: 9138

Max235 wrote:
There was some dipshit on another discord trying to explain to Ryan that Steam needs to track all player statistics before they could be Launched, as well as explain that all games that use the Steam Platform are legally owned by Steam, because no lawyer would ever allow that to happen so the company can be sued for false advertisement. Then he gave no links or citations and expected his critics to look up the information themselves in order to prove or disprove him.

Oh, and he automatically assumed someone was a professional coder because the guy didn't automatically reject his "Teachings". Because of his belief that professions will agree with his arguments and that anyone who doesn't is a fake. And so he told Ryan to his face that he's a fake when Ryan shut him down.

??????? Wat :roll:

Universe Map: http://www.starsonata.com/map/

Fri Sep 29, 2017 3:41 am

DarkSteel wrote:
Max235 wrote:

??????? Wat :roll:

Who else would it be besides Uhmari?

Fri Sep 29, 2017 4:30 am
Team: Deep Space Federation
Main: Rendghast
Level: 3504

viewtopic.php?p=764381#p764381

When will my precognision be recognised? When lemon?

Sun Oct 01, 2017 4:39 pm