Team: Traders League
Main: Lazerus
Level: 2345

Post Balance, As it relates to Star Sonata
The subject of "Balance" as it would apply to a Game

For way too long now, I've seen the term "Balance" thrown around improperly, and missused to the point of self-defeatest implementation and detraction from proper disposition of gaming reality as it was rightly intended!

Suffice it to say that it would seem to be quite obvious to me that too many people have been conned into believing an unappropriate definition (application) of the notion of Balance, and those people have unwittingly perpetuated the improper realisation of the nature of Balance, which is disturbing.

Level of Technological Achievement is all about Build, Efficiency and Output, so the higher tech. an item is, the tighter the build, the more efficiency you get out of the device for the level of energetic expenditure, and potatially the more effective the activity! This doesnt mean you cant make a smaller, or even larger itteration of a device to achieve more effective output, but it does mean that such relative size's should reflect such technological efficiency's!

You cant compare a Zebu to an EF-Destroyer, just like you cant compare a Mzungu-Frigate to a Gargan Super-Freighter! Numerical performance per tehnological revision is but in the eye of the beholder!

A Class-9 Human Laser might be nice and easy on his energy bank, but its hit wont be as successfull as the strike from an Alien Pulse Phenomena type 6 because of the shear size of the weapon!!

Balance should never detract from the technological indifferance that helps to stipulate the life-like divide between species, or the mechanical prowess of eithers manufacturing capabitlity's!!

"Your Aveksaka Pulse is way more powerfull, by shear volume, than my Human Argon Laser would ever be, but due to the long fraught evolution of my weapons Class, I'll pearce your armour like no tomorrow, unyet, you'll tear my shields appart, due the size of your rhetoric, and its impact apon my disposition....", say's the Ace!

Now if your cognitive, or deductive enough logically, to realise it, then such is all I should need to say; but most of you arnt because you've not been shown proper examples, or been sufficiently educated, to "see the forrest for the trees" (as the expression goes), Normally at this point, I'd show you some examples, but, by now, I'd assume that the more estute of you have well and truly gotten the point!

Nuff Said!

Thu Mar 01, 2018 10:28 am
Team: Axis Industries
Main: Maxathron
Level: 4065

Post Re: Balance, As it relates to Star Sonata

Thu Mar 01, 2018 12:02 pm
Team: Eminence Front
Main: Blizzara
Level: 6660

Oh no Laz.

I swear I saw your post without colour spam once. Why you go back to colour spam now.

I have never read a single post of yours with colour spam and I will continue doing this.

Sat Mar 03, 2018 6:40 am
Team: Axis Industries
Main: Maxathron
Level: 4065

Antilzah wrote:
Oh no Laz.

I swear I saw your post without colour spam once. Why you go back to colour spam now.

I have never read a single post of yours with colour spam and I will continue doing this.

His post is nonsensical anyways.

It's summarized as "Someone age 30 is older than someone age 10 because he's older."

Sat Mar 03, 2018 9:29 am