Main: Demiser of D
Level: 4

Post Re: Your fond early SS memories?
I built a t6 base as an ftp on a single terrible planet in an otherwise empty system. The neighboring team, a new group known as Eminence Front, promised me that the system was useless and they'd leave my little base alone.

A few hours later I logged on, and Retyu had blown it up and then killed me a few dozen times.

Good times, good times.

Battlecruiser23 wrote:
Fuck you, Cygnus.

Wed Mar 13, 2019 9:50 pm
Team: Whitebeard Pirates
Main: Putty
Level: 2909

When AA was fighting an emp clone in colo. He nearly killed him then he docked in the ai base and didn't come out till his shields were full xD.

Lord Runningclam, Xen, Zeno, Rodders and the rest of the old RE gang.

Klor when he was around and leader of Aero.

Nick and rob when ELITE was around.

c1

yellow, he was pretty funny

bencee16 in his old parsley

lots of fun times, too many to list or remember xD

Sat May 18, 2019 2:32 am
Team: Star Revolution X
Main: topbuzzz
Level: 8015

Brown and I getting rescued by Zeno, Matlin and Saiko after Brown told me we would be 'aight in our new EFDs down the nasty arm. Course we got pinned by a Vully, and then ai would sense blood and all come from nowhere all of a sudden, then someone would poke Vigi. happy days (pleeeaaaaassse dont aggro DC)

Wed May 22, 2019 7:36 am
Profile WWW
Site Admin / Dev Team
Main: Code Herder
Level: 34

My best memories were of being on Olympus with Caly and the gang. Then becoming a dev for this game was one of my best game dev memories, it's not often you get to work on a game you actually like. I have fond memories of creating the skill reset, towing, optimizing the simulation speed, etc, etc.

Oh yeah all those emperor runs we had were a blast, loved this game.

Sun Aug 18, 2019 12:01 pm
Team: Suns of Hades
Main: LemonPrime
Level: 8087

the first thing i remember doing in ss was farming the flylet broodmother for the aug. i figured out that it ai based for 1.8m per so i just kept farming the mission spawner until i made like 50m and then i left the nexus thinking i was the richest player alive lol

Tue Aug 20, 2019 10:14 am
Team: Aidelon
Main: Deano!!
Level: 5057

Going into UZ for the first time with the people from the Quantum Reach team, that lot were hilarious over voicechat.

Fri Aug 23, 2019 3:51 pm
Team: The Last Survivors
Main: Chouho
Level: 1802

Lvl-20 f2p pvping and theory crafting w/ Mew/Sailor.
Trying to grind in a JAWS-protected w1 gal just to see what would happen.
Guy I met when I first got into nexus who was flying a bulk trader, invited me and another newbie into his team, got me into trading commods between AI stations as a way to make money, can't remember if it was good or not even at the time but it was fun.
Loading up a mastiff and trying to dock at some moving planet prior to breaks being implemented, gave up and rq'd.
There are random players I associate w/ certain ships because I seen them flying them for the first time, wex and the porpoise, CJ and parsleys, bizman and behemoths, voom and scruples.
First time I reached paxius I ran into traders/pants pvping, think that was what sold me on SS because it made it feel like a living universe unlike other MMOs I had tried.
A couple of vivid memories of times where I forgot gg, got pk'd, and had to start basically from scratch because I was too lazy to run dgs for profit and had no credits saved up.
Can still remember ~6 gals and the layout of them from my first uni, watching termites blow up bases for the first time in whatever gal was 2 jumps east of sol.
Flying around Deep Space looking for hidden stuff because I read a rumor something was there.
Still have the c1 login tune in my head, tried to find it the other day on youtube and couldn't.

and many more, been playing on + off for over half my life so i'm not even sure what counts as early anymore :(

Sun Aug 25, 2019 6:48 pm
Main: brindlebull
Level: 5143

I love your memories so far, bonus points for screenshots of them. I recently had someone message me on twitch saying he was one of the leaders of my first SS team and they remembered my username. Orbial Titans or something, some f2p team with a cluster of small shop bases. Those were always fun.

Mon Nov 18, 2019 5:08 pm
Team: Deep Space Federation
Main: Green Dragon
Level: 2546

Pretty much just about everything. Talking on vent with dudes way older than I had any business talking to at 11-12 years old. Spending time with my brother. Feeling accepted in a community that had no obligation to accept me, especially as a derpy little kid.

I remember the simpler times, and I love the community still, but the nostalgia screen still has me jaded. Love seeing that this community still is alive, if only barely.

<3

Sun Nov 24, 2019 3:31 pm
Team: Traders League
Main: Lazerus
Level: 2345

Geez, there have been a few good memorys...

I'd have to say the fatefull day I finally went p2p, thanks to the generosity of Gara, and got that first level-up buzz sound after about 1 year of gameplay... True joy! Realising I could FINALLY build a base somewhere and get stuck into it.. Hehehe...

The only downer was that my account join status then reverted to the day of the subscription. :-(

Other than that I'd say the other fond memory was the first time I had a Frigate (EF), Beyond that it had to be, without a doubt, the day I finally got myself my very own EF-Dread! YEAH, what a day. HEHE. I loved that!

Oh there was one time, many years later, just before all these base changes etc, when I build what resulted in a HUGE Outpost, my first "Proper" T18 (By my standards) with all sorts of sets of gear, pannels, overloaders, you name it.. Was great to be told no-one was able to "do" it.. That felt good. Good enough for me anyways, being such an avid Base'r.

Oh, I nearly forgot: Perhaps beyond anything else, the time I had many a good/great person on my team! I remember a week or so there, after a good little while, logging on to chat in Team-Chat, realising "This is the BEST... all these people onboard, standing up for team principle..." and how much FUN it was! So a big "THANKS GUYS", perhaps that alone was truly the "Best" period of time I ever had ingame!

;-}

Thu Dec 05, 2019 10:06 am
Team: Eminence Front
Main: anubus2112
Level: 3375

Helping the hated Tobal get emp LOL

Code Herder helping us get a anaconda kill when the game broke and did not give us credit for the kill one week lockout wasted.

Being the first one to find out how broken the warp 4 ai guys sludge was before it was changed after I accidentally crashed the server a few times with the amount of damage it was doing to me.

I think I need a bigger thatch

Mon Mar 02, 2020 6:59 pm
Profile YIM WWW
Team: Traders
Main: Trumpet Girl
Level: 2388

PC of course. Getting sacrificed to SS gods for I can’t remember what anymore by helro and can’t remember who else. The SD only emp run.

Number one SS memory was me and Rhodes and Joe trying to figure out how to get the drone (Aqua nuzzle?) for the quilting skill so we could do the flag for PC for the first time. We tried every crazy thing, like making a freighter super heavy so it would go slow enough to scoop the drone while being gremmed.

I also really enjoyed developing for the game. The devs were a lot of fun.

Thu Mar 19, 2020 9:03 pm
Main: Tank
Level: 3703

The Voomy One wrote:
anilv wrote:
Ken le survivant in a Wing 4 killing Blue Betas with an Incinerator. He let me tag along in my f2p Hotrod. This would have been May or June 2005.

I did that too, Wing 4 with incinerator was very good for a while. Even took out Gammas with it and leveled pretty fast.

Scyron getting me piloting 20 was a pretty cool moment, he used a stealthy Pax Astro and dropped drones to kill the AIs while I went around in a stealthy Locust to scoop the commods.

Winning Emp by placing the palace at the boss level of a DG was pretty cool. Cant take credit for coming up with that brilliant idea but I was defending the DG at the first level in my Shrimp.

Having one of the first Death Strikers in the game, it was so OP back then that even though I didnt aug it very well it was the strongest ship in the game.

Being on Olympus with the legendary Calypso, I loved that team.

My best times in the game was at the low levels when everything was new, starting to be such a long time ago that I have forgotten a lot of it and forgotten a lot of the cool players I played with. Tarikn2, Scyron, Tobal, Yurble, Sicuro, Retyu, Calypso, Bizman, SerjicalStrike, trance, Jey123456...

I agree with Voom. Funny thing is Tobal was such a pain in my ass back then since i mostly built. I gained a love for him over time though he kept things intresting. God had great times. Olympus was probably my favorite team or WoP but that was like 2005 lol

Thu Mar 19, 2020 11:37 pm
Profile YIM
Team: Eminence Front
Main: iamswingarm
Level: 5447

Tyler_TDA wrote:
The Voomy One wrote:
anilv wrote:
Ken le survivant in a Wing 4 killing Blue Betas with an Incinerator. He let me tag along in my f2p Hotrod. This would have been May or June 2005.

I did that too, Wing 4 with incinerator was very good for a while. Even took out Gammas with it and leveled pretty fast.

Scyron getting me piloting 20 was a pretty cool moment, he used a stealthy Pax Astro and dropped drones to kill the AIs while I went around in a stealthy Locust to scoop the commods.

Winning Emp by placing the palace at the boss level of a DG was pretty cool. Cant take credit for coming up with that brilliant idea but I was defending the DG at the first level in my Shrimp.

Having one of the first Death Strikers in the game, it was so OP back then that even though I didnt aug it very well it was the strongest ship in the game.

Being on Olympus with the legendary Calypso, I loved that team.

My best times in the game was at the low levels when everything was new, starting to be such a long time ago that I have forgotten a lot of it and forgotten a lot of the cool players I played with. Tarikn2, Scyron, Tobal, Yurble, Sicuro, Retyu, Calypso, Bizman, SerjicalStrike, trance, Jey123456...

I agree with Voom. Funny thing is Tobal was such a pain in my ass back then since i mostly built. I gained a love for him over time though he kept things intresting. God had great times. Olympus was probably my favorite team or WoP but that was like 2005 lol

I agree also. I totally hated Tobal at first then I started enjoying our little chats, wish I would've saved some. Even when he killed me all I could do was laugh.

Sat Mar 21, 2020 7:29 pm
Main: bred-2-h8
Level: 3446

anubus666 wrote:
Code Herder helping us get a anaconda kill when the game broke and did not give us credit for the kill one week lockout wasted.

Here's a screenshot of code herder messing around after the kill.
https://imgur.com/fqXKesy

Wed Apr 08, 2020 11:55 pm