Team: Traders League
Main: Eddie
Level: 1001

Post Copyright Infringement
Copyright Infringement

The need to moderate against Copyright Infringement for the sake of the perpetual integrity of an online gaming experience and community is paramount!

Not only is the slightest of copyright infringements a legal risk of unorthorised misrepresentation, but its also an offence to members of a gaming community who dont want to be reminded of such copyright materials and who would prefer to focus on what should be a unique gaming experience!

Referencing Characters from a Movie, refering to particular items or having things look like or be named like certain things from a unique media production (Movie/Series etc) is illegal and brings the gaming service into serious disrepute!

Thus - Avatar Images, Character Names, Team Names, ANY Descriptions and particularly Modeling Appearances as well as Technological References ALL need to be moderated with the strictest adherence to Known and Current Copyrighted Productions.

"Enough of being reminded of various Sci-Fi Movies, be unique with the games development please! Enough of people disassociating the gaming environment with their own inappropriate incarnations of Movie Ideologies or Characteristic Representations....! Its Offensive and turns people away from a great game! Such behaviour should be shunned by the responsible, mature gaming community as a whole!"

Mon Dec 30, 2019 6:56 am
Team: Eminence Front
Main: anubus2112
Level: 3375

Post Re: Copyright Infringement
so like the NCC traders looking like federation ships? End of the universe? Towels? infinite improbability drive? thousand monkeys with typewriters? Mccoy?

Just wondering if those are also included?

I think I need a bigger thatch

Mon Mar 02, 2020 6:48 pm
Profile YIM WWW
Team: Suns of Hades
Main: Tank
Level: 3703

Post Re: Copyright Infringement
Guilder wrote:
Copyright Infringement

The need to moderate against Copyright Infringement for the sake of the perpetual integrity of an online gaming experience and community is paramount!

Not only is the slightest of copyright infringements a legal risk of unorthorised misrepresentation, but its also an offence to members of a gaming community who dont want to be reminded of such copyright materials and who would prefer to focus on what should be a unique gaming experience!

Referencing Characters from a Movie, refering to particular items or having things look like or be named like certain things from a unique media production (Movie/Series etc) is illegal and brings the gaming service into serious disrepute!

Thus - Avatar Images, Character Names, Team Names, ANY Descriptions and particularly Modeling Appearances as well as Technological References ALL need to be moderated with the strictest adherence to Known and Current Copyrighted Productions.

"Enough of being reminded of various Sci-Fi Movies, be unique with the games development please! Enough of people disassociating the gaming environment with their own inappropriate incarnations of Movie Ideologies or Characteristic Representations....! Its Offensive and turns people away from a great game! Such behaviour should be shunned by the responsible, mature gaming community as a whole!"

Haha wow man. You must be fun to hang out with. They are purposely changed slightly to not infringe on copyright. Believe me the devs thought about this years ago. I think it's great and seriously offensive? shunned by the gaming community? Then you speak of maturity? i think you are having some mirroring issues my friend. It's meant to be fun.

Thu Mar 19, 2020 11:31 pm
Profile YIM