Team: Traders League
Main: Lazerus
Level: 2345

Post The Dwindling S.S. Experience
The Dwindling S.S. Experience

Although these days it seems like a lost-battle, and given the fact that I'd rather not stick my nose-in anymore, as it seems futile, I just had to make what I'm sure is an obvious point to all those beloved old players that would return, and for the sake of newer ones that aspire towards the development team...

S.S. was world renown as perhaps the best of the available online massive multiplayer space action trading type game experience'es, it beat games like Pardus hands down, and Dark Orbit even in its latest incarnation, to be the most fullfilling, complex, diverse and engaging of persistant gaming environments!

All the things you could do with your ships, bases, hold on star systems and teammates as you went out exploring and battling for experience etc, loving all the diversity of class choices and particular characteristic dispositions you could achieve for your multi-facited account....

Yet alas, when you read news posts, time after time, that announce things like "class changes", "X-Bases Only", "Only Base-Gear on Bases", "Attached Drones Gone", and in particular this time - "NO more Skill Up's in Random AI Bases" etc, it damn near brings a tear to a grown mans eye!

What have you done to the game you Dev's ay?! Youve dulled and dummed it down, taken out all the diversity out of it, taken away the appeal of being a different player of some distinction or another, and all for what? -> more opportunity to get from 5 to 10k in levels, or perhaps just to put a handle on weather a player can progress his alt's till his hearts content in the manner that he thought fit for himself?!

I could understand if the latest server cant handle all the processing per tick, or perhaps the server guy cant afford to have such a CPU Hungry HTML headache for the game the way it was, but geez, do you think that perhaps the reason why you cant afford it now is perhaps because your "Ruining" the game as we all remember it, and consequently "they arnt comming back"!?

Just have a think about that will you guys please!

Like REALLY? No skill ups around EF gal anymore?! And what happened to the skill ups you could get p2p if you managed to venture into WS early or PS(Wait, was there ever skills in PS - I cant remember?) as a matter of achievement?!!

I guess you see my point, and I'm sure many oldys would agree.

Must say I'm a little dissapointed by those sorts of changes to the game, its Sad, and I rekon, for the record, that when you do that to the game we all love, "Old Server-Guy" would be turning over in his grave!

"Meh, Spelling, not my strong suit after a few beers.. Hehe :-)

Mon Oct 05, 2020 7:40 am