Team: Traders League
Main: Lazerus
Level: 2345

Post Illegal Hollywood References
Illegal "Hollywood" References

I'm going to state this once and for all, as I'm sure I'm not the only one that gets a little "peaved" with the various incarnation of such Reference to the point where we feel "detracted" from the game's theme and content and feel annoyed at the distraction!

It is ILLEGAL to Refer to ANY HollyWood Production's Characterism's or Themic Narrative as it would apply to being a COPYRIGHT BREACH!

More to the point, within a pleasantly unique game like StarSonata (R), it is terribly annoying to find yourself thinking about various great Movie's or Series'es (Characters, Ships, Designs, Languages etc etc!) because some clutz named his team as a "Star Trek" reference, or some of his characters refered to "Babylon 5" Characters or some such!!

I personally have had enough of such Copyright Breaches, it brings the game into actuall Disrepute Legally, and could possibly have the offending player liable for a substantial Fine for not "Asking Permission to use a Star-Treck Reference Ingame..." etc!!

STOP IT!

I'TS WRONG!

"We DONT Want to be Reminded of THAT when playing StarSonata...!"

Get it now? FFS!

As a perpetual consequence, I do believe the Moderators of Star sonata should make an immediate effort to MUTE and render inactual, such References, for example "Blue Dwarf" with a picture of RedDwarf(C), or the player with his "Tardus" Graphic calling himself "Doctor Who" etc, or the blasted "Federation/StarTrek" team names and their Character Names etc!!!

There is more than enough scope, within the StarSonata Theme, to be something unique and comparatively individual; you could call youself some sort of extrapolation of an Aveksaka title for example, or perhaps preferably just chose a freaking name out of the "Book Of Names" etc, right!!!

Seriously, I've had enough of it, its all over online-internet-games, and in each fucking instance, they are potentially deserving of a Copyright Fine nearing a total of nearly $50,000.00US for making un-permissable references!

STOP IT PLEASE!

We want to think about "StarSonata", NOT "Babylon 5", or "Farscape", or "StarTrek" or "Star Wars" etc.. Understand?!

This sort of Gripe is one of the reasons I dont want to come back, and until its moderated against successfully, I wont!

There is one particular long-term notable player, that has a particular quasi-movie reference to their name, which would suggest that the person perhaps likes a particular coffee-shop!!, That person, as we ALL know, although their name is a bit different, to "buck" the trend(!), is making a rather particular reference, and just to let you know - "You DONT talk about THAT; we DONT want to be Reminded of THAT!". For someone to "Bawk" at their responsibility of respecting Copyright, be it old or new, even if they feel they are paying Hommage to their favorite show, is just plain Offensive! -> Moderate such names please, regardless of how much they have spent on Subscriptions!!

Sat Oct 10, 2020 4:08 am
Team: Parabellum
Main: Dr P3pp3r
Level: 4863

Post Re: Illegal Hollywood References
Oh man. smh

Wed Oct 14, 2020 8:53 am
Team: Eminence Front
Main: The Crazy Game Master
Level: 3234

Location: TARDIS, Time Vortex, Main Universe, Reality, Big Bang 2, Multiverse 1
Post Re: Illegal Hollywood References
Actually, you'll find that references to all intellectual property falls under the Fair Use Doctrine, so you're so wrong you literally built a different wrong forest to be wrong in.

Sat Oct 17, 2020 1:38 pm