Team: Traders
Main: Dark_one
Level: 3254

Post Dark_one / disrupter - Original SwiftEagle
[Updated to remove identifying information]

Hey all! It seems as though I am back for good, so I thought I might as well make one of these.

I am the original SwiftEagle/dooms day, but you can call me Dan.

And my SS story, for those of you that want to hear it (I doubt there’s many!)

Way back in 2004 a friend and I decided to try and find an online game that we could play together, we tried a few games and eventually settled on Star Sonata. Unfortunately he didn't stick around for long, but I was addicted.
I went through a few F2P accounts until I finally decided on a character name that I liked. This is the character that I consider my first real character, dooms day (I know it sounds silly now, but damnit I was young!). I worked hard on my character and was eventually spotted by Desert Rat of Infinite Dreams. I joined his team and we worked together on developing my character. Jumpen Jack and Star Ship Orleans joined shortly after/around the same time.

Shortly after my first of many stints in Infinite Dreams I left to join Capitalists, where I met SolarWind, Jon Sheppard, RevolutionPower and Jzoe (among others, that I didn’t really talk to as much as these). After Capitalists I started a few teams of my own, which were home to a few players who ended up becoming amazing players, notably: ‘your mother and I’, DarkSteel and gij. It was on one of these teams that I met Arctic Munkey (Outcast) and we became friends for our SS lives. Outcast was developing rapidly and became a member of Mercenaries, and I wanted in on that, so there I resided for one of the very first Uni Wars, allied to Traders. I met many amazing players on this team, that I miss to this day: Dark_one, Cyphe12, NOBODY (welcome back man, happy to see you) and SOLIDER! (to name just a few). After a few more short stints on other teams, this character came to an end. But my SS story doesn’t end there.

After being rid of the dooms day character, I started the account that may be more familiar to those of you that aren’t old timers, SwiftEagle. Using knowledge I had gained training the dooms day character I managed to level this character up rapidly, before I knew it I was flying a Sniper Izer with Titan Torpedo+s for JAWSS in the second Uni War, except this time I was fighting with the likes of Gamejunkie, Skyfyre, BlackDragon, Krogoth, PhysicalAbuse, Apotheosis and many more, against many of my old friends, from the likes of Mercenaries, Traders and the newly formed Toxic, led by the vengeful Sodomy, of my former team Infinite Dreams. The two Uni Wars taught me a lot, I was battle hardened now. When the Junkie accounts came into the possession of Skyfyre, the team just wasn’t the same for me anymore, I had to move on.

I moved on to Toxic with Sodomy, Jumpen Jack and Starship Orleans, some of the best players I have ever had the honour of flying with. Here I moved in to a Death Strike. I came to gain a reputation as being ruthlessly efficient in war planning, after having scanned every base in every galaxy owned by Traders in order to determine their weak points to plan an attack. (This spread sheet is still somewhere on my old computer if I can slave the hard drive in my new computer when I get the time, along with hundreds of ancient screen shots!). I’m not quite sure what happened with Toxic, but I logged in one day to find nobody online, nothing in the funds and all my friends spread apart, I lost everything I had, but I have forgiven those responsible for whatever happened…

It was at this point that I decided it was time to create my own team. EagleForce was born, and I quickly gained my two most loyal friends, SharkTooth (on his new character Equinoxe) and Outcast. We were ruthless at the time, trying to absorb smaller and weaker teams by pushing them around or by trying to tempt them with uber gears, one of these teams was Mad Exploding Bazookas, it worked on most, but it didn’t work on Jey! EagleForce was a stupid name, and eventually it was changed to Core, we rapidly took on members, including Ruin, vipy, Master Baits, Aldir, Kyon, Alpha-3, Horhe, Farone, Russian Power. I put all of my energy in to making sure that my team mates were getting geared up, I stayed in a DeathStriker until way later than the rest of my team. We rapidly became one of the strongest teams in the game, we were tight nit and efficient. We became repeatedly locked in war with Zephyr and here we pushed our team to the limits, and it paid off. The first of the wars, we pushed Zephyr to the point of destruction purely for fun, and then we let them go, but we were not forgiven. Our long term rivalry with Zephyr was born, and it soon became the only reason I would log into the game, I would always ask “who’s bored?” if a few people answered, then war were declared. Zephyr had become war hardened, they fought valiantly against us and they grew strong. Soon many of our encounters ended in stalemate and border galaxies became fortresses. Just as Core was reaching the height of its power, partly due to our defensive and progressive alliance with Death Mental, I had to begin concentrating on my studies in order to get in to University, leadership of Core was handed over to Outcast, Ruin and Alpha-3, and the team began to suffer. From what I have heard, inter team tensions caused a large splinter group to form, consisting of Outcast, Aldir and Russian Power. The remaining team mates splintered in to other teams, many of them (Ruin, Master Baits, etc) to join the newly formed TorchWood (iirc).

I now play as Dark_one and disrupter.

Regards,

-Dan

Last edited by chris0509 on Mon Mar 13, 2017 9:20 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Fri Jan 11, 2013 12:58 pm

Post Re: Dark_one / disrupter - Original SwiftEagle
Uhm, wow that looks a lot longer than I was expecting. Sorry! :P

Fri Jan 11, 2013 12:59 pm
Main: Capt Cool
Level: 0

I hate you and always have!

Mon Jan 14, 2013 4:17 am
Main: None

Dan is awesome, simple as that.

Mon Jan 14, 2013 4:34 am

EwanB wrote:
I hate you and always have!

Love you too, wex.

Dark Brotherhood wrote:
Dan is awesome, simple as that.

Thanks, I forgot though, who is this? I don't recognise the account name :/

-Dan

Mon Jan 14, 2013 9:44 am
Main: None

CSE/Thermal :) You should post that picture of you in a suit, I remember that classy picture so well from ages ago.

Mon Jan 14, 2013 1:29 pm

Dark Brotherhood wrote:
CSE/Thermal :) You should post that picture of you in a suit, I remember that classy picture so well from ages ago.

Shit that picture is way out of date, I was weedy as shit back then.

-Dan

Mon Jan 14, 2013 6:52 pm
Main: flo02
Level: 2631

Awesome story being awesome, good luck on contigency doomsday

Mon Jan 14, 2013 9:21 pm
Main: E11inium 4
Level: 2115

You didn't talk about my parsley?

Tue Jan 15, 2013 7:55 pm
Team: Cybernetic Trading Co.
Main: 1-800-USE_THE_FORCE!
Level: 9597

ellinium wrote:
You didn't talk about my parsley?

Thats because my parsley was more parsley then your parsley!

Tue Jan 15, 2013 8:02 pm
Main: flo02
Level: 2631

dat bulk trader :F

Wed Jan 30, 2013 3:55 pm
Team: Eminence Front
Main: Curse
Level: 5572

yolo

derpy is best pony