Team: The hermit
Main: orionis
Level: 2871

Post orionis
hey guys, my main is orionis and all my chars are on my private team called "the Hermit"
main is around 1200 somewhere and second highest is 250 something.
started my account in 2004 so i've been on and off (mostly off)

rejoined right before the reset this october and got a feeling im going to hang around for a while now. got married and an offshore job so things have settled down here so im back into gaming thanks to a REMARKABLY understanding wife.

lets see.. what can i tell about my time in starsonata? well i started off and played for about 5 months straight in the start, got myself a shop setup and went through all the specializations back when you didnt have the defined classes you have today but rather a hodgepodge of skills like part speed demon, part shield monkey and stuff you could experiment with. (was really instresting btw)

got a killmail in my stash from about 9 years ago showing some guy called Feridian killing my base :P

got vivid memories of being killed, podded and then have my shipwreck being towed away faster then my spirit could fly... (not fun) thanks minch, you suck! :P

some highlights a few years ago was when i had 3 bases on the planet in free market and 1 shop on the sun there ( before the "no attacking" thingie in celestial garden)
some guys on team resident evil decided to kill my bases and failed.
i got some help though, they got my shop base down to 50% when some lvl 3-4k who had a shop in there decided to help me and squadded and healed my base back up to 100%. giving me time to beef my bases enough to survive on their own :)
dont remember the guy's name but know i am gratefull.

ALMOST as gratefull as i am to the guy who decided that some solo team guy deserved to get piloting 20 also. it was an engineer who went into rumble mumble solo and killed everything and handed me the commods i needed FOR FREE!!
i love you man, though i cant remember your name either.

more recently i rejoined after 2-3 years away from the game and discovered that my sellable loot 3 years ago had suddenly increased in order of magnitude in value. loved that, earned me a cool 40b in no time, letting me get a hold of both drones and rhino for my engineer and a panther for my speed demon (yes, they are both the same char)

also, got lucky with my galaxy owning choice this reset and ended up selling the rights for it for 50b to Trevor (thanks man)

and thats about it, got quite a few halloween drops the weekend before i had to go offshore for work so i set them up in my shop (at rather high prices) before i left and hope to have sold a bit when i come home.

other then that, i love all you guys, even that turd who keeps killing me in perilous ( i remember his name ) i will get him back :P

thanks for reading and have a good time in the game folks, orionis out.

Fri Nov 08, 2013 1:42 pm
Team: Star Revolution X
Main: topbuzzz
Level: 8015

Post Re: orionis
welcome back,
Nice to see that sort of introduction I wish you the best of luck and fun.
Its hard to make it on your own and I'm sure with an attitude like that you will get plenty of help if you need.
Best regards
Buzzy

Fri Nov 08, 2013 1:54 pm
Profile WWW

well, the game has turned to the point that with enough sweat and tears you can get enough money to buy the skills you need, im thinking about the token you can buy from players to get the needed items in olympus.

so im probably going to get piloting 21 before i get weapons 20 but we will se when i get back :P
got a nice venusian laser with 3 perfect mods on it so it goes a long way pve wise.
giving me enough cash over time to hire someone to help me out with skill bosses.

i actually prefeer to play mmo's solo, gives a whole other feeling of achievement then doing things in groups.

for instance, i remember being mid level in a game called "everquest" back in the day and camped a mob called cyclop in a desert somewhere for hours and days, then it spawned and when i finally managed to kill it after about 30 mins (yes, leveling in everquest tooooooook tiiiiiiiiiiiiiimmmmmmmeeeeeeeeeeee") it actually dropped the item i was looking for on the first kill and i was over the moon about it.

on the other hand i was in world of warcraft with a guild, we were in a place called molten core (which was the uber dungeon way back when) and spent about 8 hours with 60 guys killing a total of 4 bosses that day, long story short i got a loot piece i had wanted for a long time and it didnt even get me half the enjoyment as the solo action i described above.

so yes, i love playing solo mmo's.
i can interact with people if i want and i can avoid if i want, perfect :)
for this i think starsonata is perfectly suited.

oh btw, forgot in my intro.

im male, 33 years, norwegian, sexy, intelligent, modest and married. (sorry all ya'll starsonata vixens out there)

Fri Nov 08, 2013 2:04 pm
over 9000!
Main: enkelin
Level: 5600

So... you just reclass your main character when you want to have a different playing experience? Awesome haha.

I'm usually happy to help players get skill missions completed, as are many other folks in the community.

Hi, I'm Anil, a long-time player turned developer. I am Star Sonata's lead content developer, which means that I run weekly dev meetings and make sure that any proposed changes to the game receive proper review before going live.

http://www.starsonata.com/features

Fri Nov 08, 2013 11:27 pm

yeah, i do. got 3 classes i visit regularly. speed demon, fleet master and engineer.
lost most of my armada drones to an earthforce dreadnaught due to a missclick during halloween so he has been put on ice for the time being. going speed demon now to earn back some cash.

fleet master has been inactive for a while though having 3 classes on 1 char makes my ship hangar kinda full its quite doable :)

Sat Nov 09, 2013 12:46 am