Team: Traders
Main: Timasaurus
Level: 16

Post Hey there.
Hi! I played this game a little in 2012 and enjoyed myself and am looking to give it another go, but I am wondering if this community is still alive to the point that I can play and enjoy it.

Sorry if my post isn't very informative, this is moreof a question, but if you guys have any queries, feel free to ask.

Sat Apr 09, 2016 11:12 am
Main: king kone
Level: 37

Post Re: Hey there.
Timasaurus007 wrote:
I am wondering if this community is still alive to the point that I can play and enjoy it.

Short answer, it's technically not dead.

Long answer, there's upwards of 80% less people in 2016 than was in 2012. Don't believe the bullshit the admins cited about activity numbers. SS isn't the 2200 active, unique p2p IP's they keep saying.

Sat Apr 09, 2016 11:23 am
over 9000!
Main: enkelin
Level: 5600

Churchill once again doing his level best to drive away all new players. Great job dude!

Anyway, hello Timasaurus and welcome back to SS. I've been playing actively since before 2012 and I can tell you that a ton has changed (for the better, in my opinion), so you should definitely come back and give it a try.

Hi, I'm Anil, a long-time player turned developer. I am Star Sonata's lead content developer, which means that I run weekly dev meetings and make sure that any proposed changes to the game receive proper review before going live.

http://www.starsonata.com/features

Sat Apr 09, 2016 2:25 pm
Team: Eminence Front
Main: Blizzara
Level: 6660

anilv wrote:
Churchill once again doing his level best to drive away all new players. Great job dude!

Side note: what game/company is paying you to do this?

Sat Apr 09, 2016 5:00 pm
Contributor
Team: Star Revolution X
Main: Hober Mallow
Level: 4886

Hey, the games not dead! Come join the Discord server we've setup for SS. It's a web based chat system that allows gamers to be part of multiple communities and effectively communicate in a variety of ways. It's really fun, and if you have any questions or need any help its definitely more useful than the ingame chat system!

https://discord.gg/0uO2ih0jVC4vLSut

The game has had some amazing changes happen that will definitely result in a better game. Ship tech upgrades, for one, are an amazing way for players to have better over the ships they fly. Things are cheap. Content isn't insanely hard like it used to be. It's a wonderful time to be a new player in my humble opinion. It can and should get better, but it has been doing so.

Sat Apr 09, 2016 5:07 pm
Team: Suns of Hades
Main: LemonPrime
Level: 8087

MasterTrader wrote:
Ship tech upgrades, for one, are an amazing way for players to have better over the ships they fly.

Quote:
to have better over the

Quote:
have better over

Sat Apr 09, 2016 5:39 pm
Contributor
Team: Star Revolution X
Main: Hober Mallow
Level: 4886

The word control is supposed to be in there. :lol:

Sat Apr 09, 2016 5:56 pm
Team: Traders
Main: Timasaurus
Level: 16

Oh, thank you guys for the various reply's! If the game isn't very populated, the forums seem very much so! :P

I will definitely be looking at the game again and having a gander, if it is better for new players then that is a very welcome change since when I played ages ago, I had difficulty learning and progressing in the game, although I recall that other players were very friendly to me and helped me along.

Maybe I'll see one of you in-game :)

Sat Apr 09, 2016 10:06 pm
Team: Suns of Hades
Main: LemonPrime
Level: 8087

Timasaurus007 wrote:
Oh, thank you guys for the various reply's! If the game isn't very populated, the forums seem very much so! :P

I will definitely be looking at the game again and having a gander, if it is better for new players then that is a very welcome change since when I played ages ago, I had difficulty learning and progressing in the game, although I recall that other players were very friendly to me and helped me along.

Maybe I'll see one of you in-game :)

If you ask in help chat, I'll definitely see it. SunDog probably as well.

Sat Apr 09, 2016 10:39 pm
Main: Septagons Titan
Level: 2312

Well...

The game is very deserted feeling currently. Many less players than in 2012 I think.

Don't let that deter you though, I came back recently too and have been leveling up an alt and stuff. It's still as much fun as it was years ago.

Supposedly the game will come out on Steam soon, but they've been saying that since 2012. It's still just as flawed and bound to drive most new people away as it always has been, but it's still fun for me.

Also, while Churchill is nearly always correct on some level in the stuff he says, he's extremely bitter and that cynicism taints everything he says. He raises a lot of valid points, but take them with a grain of salt. Or a few salt shakers. Basically, use your own judgment, don't let him scare you off, and if he groans too much about something just give him a firm poke :lol:

Sat Apr 09, 2016 11:44 pm
Main: ShawnMcCall
Level: 2589

Antilzah wrote:
anilv wrote:

Side note: what game/company is paying you to do this?

You're insinuating that any company sees SS as viable competition :P

Sun Apr 10, 2016 12:15 am