Forum locked This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 35 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3  Next
Main: Thummmper
Level: 3066

This is not a Bug.

Its a feature of the game that makes you use your brain and keep you allert. You have to learn to deal with certain ingame features. Keeps it exciting.

You are suggesting a game that will be boring as hell.

my 2 eurocents

Linke, Kat

In programming verbage, a feature is just a bug that you haven't gotten around to stepping on yet.

Too many "features" and you no longer have a game worth playing.

Tue Oct 24, 2006 4:07 am
Team: UnderDawgs
Main: Illusionist435
Level: 739

i have noticed this about u thumper.... whenever someone posts a logical reason to why something u suggest would not work, u take it very personally and start cussing the people out and talking down to everyone... i have read a few very logical posts to why this would be broken and the best you can do is say that people are shoveling shit and that this is a flaw in the code, not something that was left out on purpose

heres why i think that this is not added, and if u start to talk down on me it might be the last unflamed thing you do...

it is simply too broken. revolution has a good point that while hes fighting in one izer, the other 3 are charging... once the one he is using goes down, he docks and grabs another... that way he virtually has a fully charged izer during the whole battle, which means he can solo ubars and such... instead he must wait in his ship to have it charge which is logical...

another abstract idea that takuhi said is that would u leave one car in ur garage running while ur not using it???? doesnt make sense does it...

yet another is that people complain about lag as it is... i myself have around 20 ships docked... if the server had to keep track of all my ships shields and energy at once, then the server would probably die as it is, or just go BOOM...

this is not a flaw, it is simply an addition the admins decided not to make for the game would truely be broken...

and STOP POSTING MULTIPLE TIMES OVER AND OVER AGAIN... WRITE ONE POST AND NOT 4 IN A ROW

and u were the one complaning about post counts... god

and btw, another thing ive noticed is that a few of ur posts seem geared to making the game easier for u... who the f else uses CeBo packs in their slaves... the disadvantage about having a bigger energy bank is the fact u have to go charge it before the slave can use it... a fair trade off that ill say

if i have made any true errors in this post ill correct them, but dont flame people or cuss them out for simply pointing out things against ur arguement... people lose arguements all the time... i dont see lawyers cussing out the judge when they lose their case

Tue Oct 24, 2006 7:00 am
Profile YIM

another abstract idea that takuhi said is that would u leave one car in ur garage running while ur not using it???? doesnt make sense does it...

And you have a 3 car guarge with 3 cars in it... do you have to charge their batteries each time you want to drive a different car?

I'll just let the rest of you ramblings alone... not really worth the read.

Tue Oct 24, 2006 7:33 am

I'll just let the rest of you ramblings alone... not really worth the read.

this is exactly my point... if my ramblings are too long for u to read, then ill post them in a manner to which u are accustom

Tue Oct 24, 2006 7:36 am
Profile YIM

no i would not charge each battery every time i use the car

but unfortunately car batteries almost never die quickly, but ships shields and energy do, so cars are irrelevant

Tue Oct 24, 2006 7:37 am
Profile YIM

in what u are saying, having a ships shields and energy replenish while not in the ship is like leaving the ship "on" while ur out of it

would u leave ur car "on" while not using it???

would u leave ur hottub "on" while not using it???

would u leave ur vacuum "on" while not using it???

need i say more???

Tue Oct 24, 2006 7:39 am
Profile YIM

maybe if u read my post u might learn a few things... i think the reason u dont want to is cus i post a good point, i support it with 3 points of evidence, and i believe u dont want to accept the fact that u may be wrong

GET USED TO IT!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

hope u liked the way i posted short instead of one long post, as it seems that u dont like to waste ur time with long posts, but rather waste ur time bitching about how people dont always agree with u

Tue Oct 24, 2006 7:41 am
Profile YIM

in what u are saying, having a ships shields and energy replenish while not in the ship is like leaving the ship "on" while ur out of it

would u leave ur car "on" while not using it???

would u leave ur hottub "on" while not using it???

would u leave ur vacuum "on" while not using it???

need i say more???

I was going to respond with an apt reply but it would just go over your head, so why bother.

Nothing I say will help you see the light... I suggest getting two or three tubes of K-Y jelly and apply them to your neck.

Tue Oct 24, 2006 7:44 am

I was going to respond with an apt reply but it would just go over your head, so why bother.

talking down again... im trying to be nice and semi help u but i can turn this into a your dumber than me war... seriously... stop with the put downs and actually read peoples posts, and STOP TAKING EVERYTHING SO DAMN PERSONALLY... its a suggestion not a way of life geez...

Thummmper wrote:
Nothing I say will help you see the light... I suggest getting two or three tubes of K-Y jelly and apply them to your neck.

thats a waste of jelly... and how the hell would lube on my neck help me see the light of ur idiodicy?????????????

some other people post... am i being unreasonable, posting crap, or actually make a good point??????

Tue Oct 24, 2006 7:47 am
Profile YIM
Main: Soulless
Level: 492

We all know thummmper is some 50 year old dude who thinks that the OLD way is the BEST way.

But seriously Thummmper, if you have a reply then tell it to me. I want to hear it and im willing to listen. :!:

Tue Oct 24, 2006 9:16 am
Team: Death Mental
Main: RevolutionPower
Level: 4939

Actually Thummmper, I didn't just mention "izers" YOU brought up them 4 izers. So don't bring up stuff that you 'don't care a rats ass about'.

That said, nothing will make YOU see the light. I won't go into cars and all that shit. But what is totally relevant to SS, is that charging energy and shields on all the ships in this game would kill the server. That alone makes your suggestion impossible, and stupid.

And it'd allow players to switch ships and always have one ready. Which you must admit is broken. Which even if the server can handle it, makes your suggestion stupid and broken, and unbalancing.

And, a feature is by definition NOT a bug. There've been jokes by several gaming companies, I believe the first one being... A CD would auto-eject, and kind of fly out of the CD tray, this itself is pretty cool, and they joked around that it was a feature. As if they made it on purpose. That was a joke. A feature is NOT a bug that has to be fixed yet. A bug, is a bug that isn't fixed yet, if it is fixed, then it's not a bug. Period.

In SS, this is a feature. They did not leave out charging of all ships because it was a bug, because the server couldnt handle it. They left it out cause it was broken.

Tue Oct 24, 2006 6:13 pm
Team: Infinate Dreams
Main: Desert Rat
Level: 652

Madferret wrote:
I dont leave my car without a battery in it though, everytime I leave it parked. :lol:

Thumper its that way because when the game was written it was easier to do it that way, to not do it that way I presume would mean writing huge amount of code and for what?

All it is is a minor inconvienience and had you been using another setup you wouldn't even notice it (trust me I've used slaves my entire playing career)

Some work on slaves needs to be done but this isnt it.

It aint a bug either, a definition of a bug is process which causes an unintentional result. It was intended to work this way to save development and programming time, initially.

You must live on a farm... You sure are shoveling the BS.

No I am I programmer and a SS in-game mod though so hold your tongue.. Being offensive to me wont get you your request solved and you can take your attitude to another game forum if you dont mind.

I can see why people dont like you or your ideas now as all I did was give you the facts and you give me verbal abuse.

And also please dont double post theres an edit feature learn to use it, it is your friend.

Tue Oct 24, 2006 8:26 pm
Team: Vanu Sovereignty
Main: Purgatory
Level: 1075

2kewl4u wrote:
Put this in suggestions, this has never been a bug but a feature :)

Bugs are not features, they are something that you step on as soon as they pop their ugly little heads up.

Bug = something that shouldn't be there.

Ships not charging when you're not in them = something that has been implemented with full mind to it.

GET THE POINT YOU MORON STOP MAKING TONS AND TONS OF POSTS AND NEVER ADMITTING YOU"RE WRONG.

Now,
1 + 1 = 2
2 + 2 = 4
2 / 2 = very difficult we will discuss that when you grow a little older now shall we?

Wed Oct 25, 2006 2:51 am

Thummmper wrote:
2kewl4u wrote:
Put this in suggestions, this has never been a bug but a feature :)

Bugs are not features, they are something that you step on as soon as they pop their ugly little heads up.

Bug = something that shouldn't be there.

Ships not charging when you're not in them = something that has been implemented with full mind to it.

GET THE POINT YOU MORON STOP MAKING TONS AND TONS OF POSTS AND NEVER ADMITTING YOU"RE WRONG.

Now,
1 + 1 = 2
2 + 2 = 4
2 / 2 = very difficult we will discuss that when you grow a little older now shall we?

Yo mamma forgot to include brains when she was growing you. She sure didn't learn you nothing about talking to your elders!

Wed Oct 25, 2006 3:10 am
Main: Kat
Level: 2123

now you are going to far thumpie dumpie. Dont insult us or our mums.

Give him a forum mute allready.

Linke, Kat

Wed Oct 25, 2006 3:24 am
Forum locked This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 35 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3  Next