Forum locked This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 35 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2, 3  Next
Main: Thummmper
Level: 3066

Post Charging systems should work when player not aboard ship
Energy and Shield charging systems should be working all of the time... even when the player is not on the ship.

As it is now the player has to be on a slave in order for its shields and energy pack to charge when in a station. This is especially noticable when first outfitting a new slave and you've got everything on it necessary for it to operate... but the Shields and Energy pack are not charging unless the player has selected the slave. This is a huge waste of time... or it can be when installing CeBo energy packs with Basic, or better, Energy Augs and Std Shield Augs.

Mon Oct 23, 2006 11:32 am
Main: voyager vs borg
Level: 1035

suggestions<<<< this is not a bug but a "feature"

and i think admins should do other stuff first

Mon Oct 23, 2006 11:42 am
Team: Vanu Sovereignty
Main: Purgatory
Level: 1075

Put this in suggestions, this has never been a bug but a feature :)

Mon Oct 23, 2006 3:47 pm
Team: Death Mental
Main: RevolutionPower
Level: 4939

I've got 2 izers, one with 3 exc comb, the other with exc, zeus, ares. And a porp+ with 2 exc and FA. And a DS, with 2sup, exc, heph+, and a kickass thatch.

I could just...dock em all in W3, and switch ships. It'd almost be like pressing 'L' to change ship instead of change weapon. Only here, you'd have to take 10 seconds more to dock and switch. But that's all, I'd always have shield and energy no matter how crappy I fight. I could likely solo ubers with a lil strategy. After all, all of my docked ships would charge.

Mon Oct 23, 2006 4:28 pm
Team: Zonura
Main: Takuhi
Level: 966

Doesnt make much sense have ships recharge when your not using them. I mean would you really leave a ship powered up in a space station with no one inside it? No, you would switch off the power celss to make sure they didnt crack and explode in your face.

Its all a completely abstract logic...

Mon Oct 23, 2006 5:06 pm
Main: Lt.Nelson+
Level: 5

Yeah.. cause I always leave both my cars running, regardless of which I'm driving at the time.

Seriously though, I'm not sure how it works exactly, but I'd imagine that if the server had to keep track of what the shields and energy of every ship of every player were doing, it might add to the lag a little.

Mon Oct 23, 2006 6:21 pm
Profile YIM

Doesnt make much sense have ships recharge when your not using them. I mean would you really leave a ship powered up in a space station with no one inside it? No, you would switch off the power celss to make sure they didnt crack and explode in your face.

Its all a completely abstract logic...

Come again... It make absolute sense for charging systems to work all of the time.

Mon Oct 23, 2006 11:43 pm

I've got 2 izers, one with 3 exc comb, the other with exc, zeus, ares. And a porp+ with 2 exc and FA. And a DS, with 2sup, exc, heph+, and a kickass thatch.

I could just...dock em all in W3, and switch ships. It'd almost be like pressing 'L' to change ship instead of change weapon. Only here, you'd have to take 10 seconds more to dock and switch. But that's all, I'd always have shield and energy no matter how crappy I fight. I could likely solo ubers with a lil strategy. After all, all of my docked ships would charge.

What's to stop you from parking 3 or 4 fully charged izers in a station and using them in sequence?

The charging system is not functioning correctly as it is now.

Mon Oct 23, 2006 11:45 pm

Put this in suggestions, this has never been a bug but a feature :)

Bugs are not features, they are something that you step on as soon as they pop their ugly little heads up.

Mon Oct 23, 2006 11:47 pm
Team: Infinate Dreams
Main: Desert Rat
Level: 652

I dont leave my car without a battery in it though, everytime I leave it parked. :lol:

Thumper its that way because when the game was written it was easier to do it that way, to not do it that way I presume would mean writing huge amount of code and for what?

All it is is a minor inconvienience and had you been using another setup you wouldn't even notice it (trust me I've used slaves my entire playing career)

Some work on slaves needs to be done but this isnt it.

It aint a bug either, a definition of a bug is process which causes an unintentional result. It was intended to work this way to save development and programming time, initially.

Tue Oct 24, 2006 12:20 am
Team: Death Mental
Main: RevolutionPower
Level: 4939

Nothing Thummmper... What's your point? I can use em in sequence, so what? It's sure as hell not as broken as having 4 recharging all the time. After those 4 izers's shields depleted the fun is over. Your idea however suggests that while using 1, you charge the other 3, and litterly always have izers to fly.

Tue Oct 24, 2006 12:55 am
Main: Kat
Level: 2123

Its a feature of the game that makes you use your brain and keep you allert. You have to learn to deal with certain ingame features. Keeps it exciting.

You are suggesting a game that will be boring as hell.

my 2 eurocents

Linke, Kat

Tue Oct 24, 2006 1:50 am

I dont leave my car without a battery in it though, everytime I leave it parked. :lol:

Thumper its that way because when the game was written it was easier to do it that way, to not do it that way I presume would mean writing huge amount of code and for what?

All it is is a minor inconvienience and had you been using another setup you wouldn't even notice it (trust me I've used slaves my entire playing career)

It aint a bug either, a definition of a bug is process which causes an unintentional result. It was intended to work this way to save development and programming time, initially.

Tue Oct 24, 2006 3:58 am

You must live on a farm... You sure are shoveling the BS.

Tue Oct 24, 2006 3:59 am

Nothing Thummmper... What's your point? I can use em in sequence, so what? It's sure as hell not as broken as having 4 recharging all the time. After those 4 izers's shields depleted the fun is over. Your idea however suggests that while using 1, you charge the other 3, and litterly always have izers to fly.

I don't give a raat's rear end about "izers".

I do care that there is a flaw in the charging code for both the energy and Shields in SS.

Tue Oct 24, 2006 4:05 am
Forum locked This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 35 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2, 3  Next