Forum locked This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 23 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2  Next
Team: Eminence Front
Main: =P
Level: 3835

Post guards scooping loot
ok so as a seer i normally dont kill guards, i just kill the boss. some ai such as cleft thorns and SBGs scoop the loot though, obviously before the "this debris does not belong to you" timer is up. This is becoming very annoying so itd be nice if it could be fixed soon.

[color=#00BF00]TOOO STRONK! [/color]

Sun Jan 24, 2010 2:42 am
Team: Oblivion
Main: Elryk
Level: 4472

Post Re: guards scooping loot
Remove scoops from DG AI, problem solved. I don't know why this hasn't been done already anyways. Its not like we need 'cleaning' AI in DGs anyways.

Sun Jan 24, 2010 1:47 pm
Main: Demiser of D
Level: 4

Bloody hell yes, do this. It annoys the crap out of me that, when i get a DG with 1.5k bana guards which take FOREVER to kill, so i just kill the boss instead, they go and scoop all the loot. Bloody annoying.

Battlecruiser23 wrote:
Fuck you, Cygnus.

Sun Jan 24, 2010 2:35 pm
Dev Team
Team: HAL
Main: HAL 9000
Level: 1002

If dungeon AI don't scoop stuff, you could go into a DG with a fast regen shield and no gear glue, and never lose anything when you die.

Mon Jan 25, 2010 11:17 am
Main: Demiser of D
Level: 4

MOST dg ai dont scoop stuff, HAL. Only enough of them DO to be incredibly annoying.

Battlecruiser23 wrote:
Fuck you, Cygnus.

Mon Jan 25, 2010 12:36 pm
Team: Eminence Front
Main: Ununoctium
Level: 5960

HAL wrote:
If dungeon AI don't scoop stuff, you could go into a DG with a fast regen shield and no gear glue, and never lose anything when you die.

I tried that on my lowbie SD with a venu mag..

Doesn't work well when 10 items float off in random directions and you have to scoop them without getting killed (again).

Mon Jan 25, 2010 2:23 pm
Team: Oblivion
Main: Elryk
Level: 4472

HAL wrote:

Thats not true, and even if it was, using this tactic would likely cause you to never finish a DG.

For the not true part. What if you drop your scoop? or your radar in a low vis DG (one without a bright sun)? Bye Bye stuff...

For the never finishing part. What if you drop your weapon? Which is very likely to happen around 50% of the time (from my experiences).

And even assuming you manage to keep your scoop, stay in bright DG galaxies, and never drop your weapon. You would either have to aug for INSANE regen with an average bank shield, or use a low bank shield and a really good charger (in which case, you might drop your charger, and possibly lose your stuff to decay).

If you aug for regen, you will likely have to for-go some other stats, likely DPS oriented stats, which will limit your DGing choices, and if you use a low bank shield, you wont be able to take on the AI you need to in order to make DGing worthwhile since you'll die fast without high speed and low vis (stealth SD)

Mon Jan 25, 2010 3:01 pm

Demiser of D wrote:
MOST dg ai dont scoop stuff, HAL. Only enough of them DO to be incredibly annoying.

Alot of AI scoop stuff I have lost a GnT due too it,

Wed Jan 27, 2010 4:43 pm

HAL wrote:

That can't work for a Seer or Sniper - which are the classes really effected by this.

If you need an explanation why - aka how you usually DG as one of these classes drop me a note here or a pm.
This is mainly a problem with low and mid lvl players; fixes and workarounds have been suggested often enough, no need to repeat here any.

Wed Jan 27, 2010 9:51 pm
Main: k-2
Level: 2715

just make the guards die once the boss dies, just like when you kill a mound all termites die.

Thu Jan 28, 2010 10:04 am
Team: Traders
Main: your mother and i
Level: 3336

That's dumb k2, just think for a second, but to make guards not scoop loot (ei any ai that has an ai dg team should not have a scoop) is the best answer
I don't like mothafucking ai scooping loot. It's dumb. They scoop what you drop.. They scoop what the boss drops.. They scoop if they can't see you... They scoop if you fly too fast away from them..

Fri Jan 29, 2010 10:29 am
Main: k-2
Level: 2715

they even scoop tweaks and use on u, and scoop dark leads *Cough CSE*

thats truely dumb i agree, but whats the problem in my idea? make all ais die when boss dies

Sat Jan 30, 2010 3:51 pm
Team: Aidelon
Main: norrath
Level: 1951

Because you should still have to fight for your loot.

Julian cannot post, because the FBI are watching ;)

Sat Jan 30, 2010 5:52 pm
Team: Traders
Main: your mother and i
Level: 3336

k2 your idea is lazy. It goes against how SS has always been. and obviously, some bosses are easier than the ai around them. Killing the easy bit, then not having to go through the real challenge (the ai) just isn't fair for the loot you are getting

Such as the 4 battleships and the prog rosey

Sat Jan 30, 2010 7:52 pm
Team: Strawberry Pancakes
Main: Zarcon
Level: 1269

The problem with removing scoop's from Ai, is that will also effect seer's and snipers. There is a tactic used where you draw the Ai out (10k+) by dropping debris so that the Ai will come to scoop the debris, this seperates the Ai to more managable packs.

The other logical thing to do, is to put a 10 second timer on loot dropped from Ai in DG's (and only DG's) and make that effect the Ai.

Mon Feb 01, 2010 2:58 pm
Forum locked This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 23 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2  Next