Forum locked This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 15 posts ] 
Team: Suns of Hades
Main: LemonPrime
Level: 8087

Post Fire Damage Ticks
They stop shields from regenning each each for a fraction of a second. On most classes that doesn't matter too much, but on a Shield Monkey it drops shield regen by like 500 a second. FIX PLZ

Wed Apr 20, 2011 6:20 pm
Team: Seele Piraten
Main: Si's_Yes_Man
Level: 2275

Post Re: Fire Damage Ticks
i was under the impression that this is just a graphical bug

Wed Apr 20, 2011 8:22 pm
Site Admin / Dev Team
Team: Admins
Main: Jeff_L
Level: 1969

Probably just a graphical bug.

Wed Apr 27, 2011 12:57 pm
Profile WWW
Team: Traders
Main: Kyp
Level: 3482

I'm not convinced it's a graphical bug. I believe I've seen cases in which my shm has had net decrease in shields over time with a number of fires somewhat less than should break the regen. Would have to do extensive testing to confirm though.

Edit: though it complicates matters that fires do more damage than you expect, due to augs/other bonus damage, but this is somewhat simplified by the /showpain command which would give us a good idea of how much we are actually losing... havent tried it tho.

Fri Apr 29, 2011 4:12 pm
Site Admin / Dev Team

Note that parasite (and fire) damage is increased by skills and augs, so just because a fire says it does x dps, doesn't mean that's how much dps you're taking.

Sun May 01, 2011 10:12 pm
Profile WWW
Main: Evo
Level: 34

JeffL wrote:
Note that parasite (and fire) damage is increased by skills and augs, so just because a fire says it does x dps, doesn't mean that's how much dps you're taking.

Only damage is affected or their life can be too?

Mon May 02, 2011 5:40 am
Site Admin / Dev Team

Only damage.

Tue May 03, 2011 2:04 pm
Profile WWW
Team: Beta Frequency
Main: Discharge
Level: 2691

I am pretty certain I managed to dent a pretty decent base kit with a 2 shot by stacking fires. I will test this.

Tue May 03, 2011 2:40 pm
Team: Traders
Main: Kyp
Level: 3482

bumpdate. I was just shooting my shm with my sniper, using 3-shot, so that he would be missing health and i could see what his actual regen was, right? Except when i did /charging, it said 0. and that was consistent with what i was seeing, despite not having nearly that many fires stacked up to actually negate my regen...

Sun Jul 10, 2011 9:47 pm
Site Admin / Dev Team

To clarify, the damage that parasites do (including fires) is modified by your augs, skills, and tweaks. So they will do more damage than the parasite description says, just as weapons do more damage than their descriptions say. The lifetime doesn't change, but it's a half-life, not a lifetime, so if you have 2 parasites with 10 second lifetime, it will take 5 seconds for the first to go away, and 10 seconds for the second one.

Mon Jul 11, 2011 3:08 pm
Profile WWW
Team: Beta Frequency
Main: Discharge
Level: 2691

Yeah, but I think the point of this Jeff, is that if you stack something up with fires, their shields will charge, stop, charge, stop, charge, stop, charge. And so on. I can do some testing on this, as I remember I had a MF with 3 shots breaking a base with very, very high regen.

Mon Jul 11, 2011 4:06 pm
Team: Star Revolution X
Main: topbuzzz
Level: 8015

i just tested this and stacked fires so that the /showpain on the shm showed the fire ticks over my regen (shield bank started decreasing). Doing the /charging command on the shm at this time showed the same regen throughout, the normal value for my regen and not 0.

are you guys sure your not seeing the effect of having a fire extinguisher equipped? cos that really screws elec regen fast with a lot of fires, and once depleted, naturally your shield will stop charging with no energy.

Mon Jul 11, 2011 4:35 pm
Profile WWW
over 9000!
Main: enkelin
Level: 5600

Just wanted to point out that fixing this bug has made it considerably harder to kill some bosses using weapons like 2- and 3-shot. Bana and Sputty take me roughly twice as long. I'm not complaining since I can still pretty much do all content I used to, but the balance of the game has definitely changed quite a bit in this respect.

Hi, I'm Anil, a long-time player turned developer. I am Star Sonata's lead content developer, which means that I run weekly dev meetings and make sure that any proposed changes to the game receive proper review before going live.

http://www.starsonata.com/features

Sat Jul 23, 2011 11:33 pm
Team: Red Faction
Main: Paladin's Presence
Level: 3937

Prime example of: Be careful what you wish for, you just might get it.

andezrhode wrote:
goett wrote:
All oly ships look way to geometrically conservative for my tastes.

thats because most graphic designers are squares :mrgreen:

goett wrote:
Fired bullets taste like candy.

Sat Jul 23, 2011 11:57 pm
Site Admin / Dev Team

The bug was caused by the smooth shield charging, which wasn't added in *that* long ago. So look at it like you got a temporary boost against these bosses. Things are now just returning to normal.

Sun Jul 24, 2011 12:29 am
Profile WWW
Forum locked This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 15 posts ]