Forum locked This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 4 posts ] 
Team: Cybernetic Trading Co.
Main: 1-800-USE_THE_FORCE!
Level: 9597

Post Dark Immo
So maybe like a uni or two ago Lion Incinerators size was made way smaller from 180 to 124, i assume it was for seers and zerks to have a easier time to use. I think you guys forgot about Dark Immolation though, its currently size 230 i believe. Its huge and nearly impossible to fit in a seer ship not built for hull. Could you guys look into this please.

Wed Oct 16, 2013 2:44 pm
Team: Eminence Front
Main: The Shaft of Discipline
Level: 3680

Post Re: Dark Immo
Lion Incinerator size was changed to make it scale with the other Sebastapol weapons. It made no sense that a weapon that would only be 1/3 stronger than the next weapon in line was twice its size. I doubt the complete rebalance of those weapons had to do with seers.

I also highly doubt the Dark Immolation's size will change, because it's supposedly the strongest for a reason, and as far as I know, had no stat changes. If you want it smaller, it's going to do less damage.

Also, the admins expressed...dislike of seers using those weapons because Bastamental showed them that when you crit with a Sebastapol, you don't take self damage based on the crit. You can do 600k dps with a Lion Incinerator, but only take 600 self dps, which I, and assume the dev team, believe this is very unfair.

Wed Oct 16, 2013 3:35 pm
Dev Team
Team: Admins
Main: yclept
Level: 2002

1) The dev team has no problem with Seers using Sebastopols. If we did, we would change the mechanic.

2) We did not "forget" about Dark Immolation when we rebalanced Sebastopols. It is currently nestled into the balance formulas just like all the other weapons of that type. I cannot recall of the top of my head why its size is so much greater than Lion Incinerator but short of completely reworking the formula there is nothing I can do about it. It's still a very nice weapon.

3) There are several crit-oriented augs that also give hull space. I suspect you are either using a very low capacity setup or else your objection is not so much that you can't fit Dark Immolation, but rather that you can't fit it in addition to some other weapons you wish to use. In this case I would point out that the value of Dark Immolation to a Seer is such that you should well have to sacrifice the versatility of some other weapon you would otherwise bring as a sidearm.

Hi, I'm Anil, a long-time player turned developer. You may know me in-game as enkelin. I am Star Sonata's lead content developer, which means that I run weekly dev meetings and make sure that any proposed changes to the game receive proper review before going live.

Wed Oct 16, 2013 4:06 pm
Team: Cybernetic Trading Co.
Main: 1-800-USE_THE_FORCE!
Level: 9597

I have tons of hull on my current seer, but i know i dont stand a chance of using it on some other setups i would like try. Also wanted to stick 5 on my zerk but with that huge size its going to be a nightmare :P Anyways, just wanted to make sure you guys didnt miss it since its a rare wep. Thanks for the clarification.

Wed Oct 16, 2013 5:08 pm
Forum locked This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 4 posts ]