Forum locked This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 15 posts ] 
Main: Raevis
Level: 71

Post Control Bot Installation Issue
I'm having an issue with the installation of a Combat ControlBot onto a Wingship. My Remote Control skill is 2, while the Fleet Commander and Fleet Focus skills are both at 1. The size of the Combat ControlBot is 2, and the Wingship in question currently has 62/70 used hull space.

I'm willing to bet this is operator error, I don't understand the game well, but I figured I'd post just-in-case. Any help would be greatly appreciated.

Wed Feb 05, 2014 4:05 pm
Team: Eminence Front
Main: kwilson
Level: 5328

Post Re: Control Bot Installation Issue
What is your skill level in Remote Control?

Wed Feb 05, 2014 4:17 pm
Main: The Vert
Level: 60

Thanks for reporting this :) What is the error message you are getting in event chat when trying to use the controlbot?

Please check these Bug report guidelines before you make your first bug report, or if you are uncertain on how to do it.

Wed Feb 05, 2014 4:50 pm
Press Corps
Team: Aidelon
Main: DragonGod (Slaver)
Level: 4121

kwilson wrote:
What is your skill level in Remote Control?
Raevis wrote:
My Remote Control skill is 2

When you try to equip the controlbot, it should tell you in the Event chat tab what is going wrong.

Edit: You beat me, Vert!

Wed Feb 05, 2014 4:51 pm

The message I get on the Event Tab is "You're short on space by 2," this number does not change, regardless of the available space in the vessel.

Wed Feb 05, 2014 4:55 pm
Team: Inert witty name here
Main: Sk1rm1sh
Level: 2032

Can I get you to try something: when the wingship is docked, right click it in the ships tab of the base (make sure it doesn't go green, if it does double click another ship) and select open inventory and see if there hull space is still the same as mentioned?
If you still have 2 or more space available open the inventory of the ship that the combat controlbot is currently in the same way, right-click the combat controlbot and select transfer, then choose the wingship.
Hopefully the bot is now inside the wingship, to activate the bot you can either double click it in the inventory or if the ship isn't green and you've refreshed it recently so its engine is listed next to the ship you can right-click the ship and select Activate Controlbot.

Hope this helps.

Thu Feb 06, 2014 3:11 am
Team: Aidelon
Main: Thaj
Level: 2058

Is the hull space REALLY 62/70? What augmenters you have on the wingship? Or do you have hull expander equipped? I ask this because empty wingship out of the box has exactly 60 hull and you are exceeding that exactly by 2 which is the error message.

Ofcourse this may be a bug also ...

Thu Feb 06, 2014 9:05 am

Try to follow what Sk1rm1sh said and see what happens :) I also find it strange that the hull space shows as 62/70, but the error message says that you are short on two space. Which leads me to a different question: is this issue related to engaging the controlbot (using it) or transfering the controlbot to the wingship? :)

Please check these Bug report guidelines before you make your first bug report, or if you are uncertain on how to do it.

Thu Feb 06, 2014 9:15 am

I've tried what you've asked me to, but unfortunately it did not solve the issue. The Wingship has still used 62/70 available space (using 'Hull Expansion') and I still cannot move the Combat Controlbot onboard the Wingship without the Event Tab returning an error of "You're short on space by 2."

Sat Feb 08, 2014 1:03 am
over 9000!
Main: enkelin
Level: 5600

Well, for starters why don't you try moving some more gear off the Wingship and then moving the Controlbot on? That should give us some information on this problem.

Hi, I'm Anil, a long-time player turned developer. I am Star Sonata's lead content developer, which means that I run weekly dev meetings and make sure that any proposed changes to the game receive proper review before going live.

http://www.starsonata.com/features

Sat Feb 08, 2014 1:06 am

I have removed a Hulett Radar (Size 4) from my Wingship, changing the free space value from 62/70 to 58/70, and placed one Combat Controlbot into my Wingship. I have since reinstalled the Hulett Radar onto said Wingship, however the free-space value of the vessel still reads 62/70, and the number of Combat Controlbots on my vessel reads as 0. I began with 5 Combat Controlbots on my Cadet craft, and transferred 1 to the Wingship. I now have 5 Combat Controlbots on the Cadet ship.

Sat Feb 08, 2014 1:19 am
over 9000!
Main: enkelin
Level: 5600

This sounds like an issue where the client doesn't update the inventory list of the ship in question. Double-click the wingship in your Ships list to enter it, and then open the inventory to see what's going on. It sounds like you moved several Controlbots in there without the inventory updating?

Hi, I'm Anil, a long-time player turned developer. I am Star Sonata's lead content developer, which means that I run weekly dev meetings and make sure that any proposed changes to the game receive proper review before going live.

http://www.starsonata.com/features

Sat Feb 08, 2014 1:30 am

I've entered the Wingship and the client has updated the ship as having 62/70 free space, without a Combat Controlbot onboard. I have since transferred 1 Combat Controlbot from my Cadet craft to the Wingship, and I am now seeing 4/5 Combat Controlbots on the Cadet craft, and the Combat Controlbot appears to be on the Wingship now.

Thank you all for your help! I'm sure I will be seeing you again to torment you with these issues.

Sat Feb 08, 2014 1:42 am

This does sound very wierd and I haven't heard of many people with this issue before. Does it work for you now? If not the solution will be to have an administrator with access to your skill tree and inventory to look into it and see what is up :)

Sat Feb 08, 2014 1:46 am

That seems to have solved the issue perfectly. Thank you all very much!

Sat Feb 08, 2014 1:50 am
Forum locked This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 15 posts ]