Forum locked This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 6 posts ] 
Team: Star Revolution X
Main: topbuzzz
Level: 8015

Post Enveloping Monkey does not work
I got this skill and testing it by healng my slave who comes out the base with 0 shield. The skill states the bonus should vary according to the shield of the target.

SHowdamage does not chage no matter what the shield of the target and tbh I'm not even sure I'm getting any bonus at all, however I forgot to note my heals before taking the skills.

This skill confuses me in the description will slaves get half this damage bonus on ai or what? it does apply to transference damage on the main ship right?

Thu Mar 06, 2014 5:44 am
Profile WWW
Main: The Vert
Level: 60

Post Re: Enveloping Monkey does not work
Thank you for reporting this :)

sabre198 wrote:
This skill confuses me in the description will slaves get half this damage bonus on ai or what? it does apply to transference damage on the main ship right?

I too got confused by this skill when I was doing QA and was testing this. I can tell you right away that this does not apply to transference damage at all, and this is intentional. When testing the skill I ended up in the same situation as you, and now I have backup for my argument that this skill needs a change in its skill description :)

I will make sure the skill description is improved, and I am moving this to the bug archive later today as it is not a bug. If you want to add any comments or suggestions, then feel free to do so :)

Please check these Bug report guidelines before you make your first bug report, or if you are uncertain on how to do it.

Thu Mar 06, 2014 6:28 am

aw man thats gonna cost me the hassle of a skill reset now. I knew there was something fishy about that skill. Can you at least confirm it applies to slave dps in some way? because if it only applies to regular damage done from a shm main ship on an ai then its utterly useless. What shm even has a weapon other than transference damage?

Why cant it apply to transference damage? it would be half decent boost to my sub par bhisaj HPS.

Thu Mar 06, 2014 7:06 am
Profile WWW
Main: The Vert
Level: 60

sabre198 wrote:
Can you at least confirm it applies to slave dps in some way?

In my notes it says it applies to slaves :)

sabre198 wrote:
What shm even has a weapon other than transference damage?

I heard this one guy in a Pax Scutelogica does some fairly ok DPS with his main ship :lol:

Quote:
Why cant it apply to transference damage? it would be half decent boost to my sub par bhisaj HPS.

This I can't give an answer on, as I was not a part of the class rebalance work :( I will try to get another developer to answer it :)

Please check these Bug report guidelines before you make your first bug report, or if you are uncertain on how to do it.

Thu Mar 06, 2014 8:23 am
Dev Team
Team: Admins
Main: yclept
Level: 2002

As Vert says, it's not intended to apply to transference damage. In general we tried to avoid making advanced subskills that simply took whatever the class was best at and made it 10% better. The obvious reason for this is that (almost) everyone would pick such a subskill to the exclusion of all the others. I don't expect that many people to choose Enveloping Monkey but it does have the potential to be useful in certain nonstandard play styles.

Hi, I'm Anil, a long-time player turned developer. You may know me in-game as enkelin. I am Star Sonata's lead content developer, which means that I run weekly dev meetings and make sure that any proposed changes to the game receive proper review before going live.

Thu Mar 06, 2014 10:50 am

sounds like another sinful waste of dev time then. To lyceum we go!

can one of you at least confirm slaves will inherit some of the dps boost? as /showslavedamage is not working I cant discern this myself
cheers edit sorry saw vert confirmed that above I'll give it a whirl (hold that reset!)

Thu Mar 06, 2014 11:20 am
Profile WWW
Forum locked This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 6 posts ]