Forum locked This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 8 posts ] 
Team: Inert witty name here
Main: Sk1rm1sh
Level: 2032

Post FC DMG Aura increases Self Damage!
I just tested a setup where I have a healer doing ~1500 self damage per heal without the Commander's Bodacious Bravado aura on the squads FC. I enabled Commander's Bodacious Bravado and suddenly the healer was doing ~2000 self damage per heal! I'm guessing it's going to be a similar situation with self damaging weps, eg. lincin but I have not tested this.
It seems like a pretty one sided benefit; you're only really going to be more combat effective if you're a DPSer not using self damaging weps or have a setup that counters the 20% extra dmg you're going to be taking yourself.
In the case of the healer I was using (which just breaks even on regen without the 20% dmg aura) it means there is no net benefit over the long term, and actually makes the healer more squishy as his shields are now falling on heal.

Mon Mar 10, 2014 3:23 am
Team: Suns of Hades
Main: LemonPrime
Level: 8087

Post Re: FC DMG Aura increases Self Damage!
So you're telling us that if you do more damage with a self-damaging weapon, you take more damage?

Amazing.

Mon Mar 10, 2014 3:38 am
over 9000!
Main: enkelin
Level: 5600

On the one hand, I am glad to see someone else in the community is interested in running this kind of test. On the other hand, your results are well understood and definitely describe an intended mechanic.

Hi, I'm Anil, a long-time player turned developer. I am Star Sonata's lead content developer, which means that I run weekly dev meetings and make sure that any proposed changes to the game receive proper review before going live.

http://www.starsonata.com/features

Mon Mar 10, 2014 3:49 am

Thanks guys, my point was that in the case of this particular ShM it's not advantageous at all to be running the aura, which didn't seem to be in the spirit of the intended effect as I understood it.
This isn't an amazing setup, i'll give you that, but it's one that I use regularly - not just testing for lols.

Mon Mar 10, 2014 5:25 am
Team: Star Revolution X
Main: topbuzzz
Level: 8015

eh arent you doing more heals to your target so naturally it ill be costing your shm more on each hit?

Mon Mar 10, 2014 6:09 am
Profile WWW
over 9000!
Main: enkelin
Level: 5600

I'll save you some testing and tell you that the only way to increase your heals to the target without increasing your self damage is to give the target transference vulnerability. The opposite of that is why mid-game Shield Monkeys heal themselves to death against UZ Emperor.

Hi, I'm Anil, a long-time player turned developer. I am Star Sonata's lead content developer, which means that I run weekly dev meetings and make sure that any proposed changes to the game receive proper review before going live.

http://www.starsonata.com/features

Mon Mar 10, 2014 6:22 am

Thanks for the input guys, I'm only used to seeing dmg increased on the outgoing side and assumed that this was the intended mechanic. I guess I read damage to mean the result of incoming dps only.
I'm running a setup most people probably don't but long story short - my ShM is in a cap ship and I didn't see any increase in self-dmg until I trained fleet admiral to give my main's slaves some extra damage :P

Mon Mar 10, 2014 6:42 am
Main: The Vert
Level: 60

Thank you for reporting this :) As described, this is intentional behavior and not a bug :) Moving it to the bug archive.

Please check these Bug report guidelines before you make your first bug report, or if you are uncertain on how to do it.

Tue Mar 11, 2014 2:34 am
Forum locked This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 8 posts ]