Main: Nyarlathotep
Level: 1854

Yeah, because progress on a video game's politics is SOOOOOOOOOOO important, right? You are a power-hungry wannabe, please stop acting like you are the next Abe Lincoln, or something.

Fri Mar 07, 2008 10:30 pm
Main: It2
Level: 116

Yeah, because progress on a video game's politics is SOOOOOOOOOOO important, right? You are a power-hungry wannabe, please stop acting like you are the next Abe Lincoln, or something.

No i believe in improving game play for all my team mates so I request from now on if you dont have anything constructive to say dont post it under my topics please.

Fri Mar 07, 2008 10:34 pm

Well, if they are loyal and help out randomly around the team, and are leveling fast-like and helping like i said...And you trust them...Why not promote? I don't think people WOULD stay on a f2p team for 4 months to become an operator...

And why should they have to pay you for a promotion? If you don't give shit to them, why should they give it to you?

And you said you tried running it like the rest of us and it didn't work...Have you actually been on a well-managed team?

Guess what, Pantalones, the #1 team is run the way we are talking about...

Well I can work out the money thing and change the times you have to wait for promtions and although I'm not supposed to I do promote some select people a lot faster than they should be so hows this, I will remove the having to pay for money and you can sugest to me time they have to stay in their current rank before a promotion. ok?

Fri Mar 07, 2008 10:36 pm
Team: Eminence Front
Main: alexch
Level: 4097

Get rid of the time limit has there is no way to judge how everyone will take to prove themself. Insted have like three Sub-levels or something similer to that. Every time a officer sees them helping someone the get premoted to the next "sub" level then when they get a certian amount, they get premoted to the next rank be it officer or soilder. One of the sub levels can be time but not a requirment only something to help them get to the next rank. I like how your tring to impliment a new system but it's a game and cut and dry would probably work better. If all your team members agreed then go for it. Good luck with your team.

Fri Mar 07, 2008 10:43 pm

Also, you could not have a set system, but encourage your members to help eachother out, DG together, fight together, build together and just be good team members, and if they do this they have more of a chance to get promoted.

Fri Mar 07, 2008 10:45 pm

Also, you could not have a set system, but encourage your members to help eachother out, DG together, fight together, build together and just be good team members, and if they do this they have more of a chance to get promoted.

We already do all of that......

Fri Mar 07, 2008 10:53 pm

Get rid of the time limit has there is no way to judge how everyone will take to prove themself. Insted have like three Sub-levels or something similer to that. Every time a officer sees them helping someone the get premoted to the next "sub" level then when they get a certian amount, they get premoted to the next rank be it officer or soilder. One of the sub levels can be time but not a requirment only something to help them get to the next rank. I like how your tring to impliment a new system but it's a game and cut and dry would probably work better. If all your team members agreed then go for it. Good luck with your team.

True there it is hard to keep track so I need to work out another way to make sure we know they wont leave. Sugestions?

Fri Mar 07, 2008 10:55 pm
Team: Eminence Front
Main: alexch
Level: 4097

But seriously only recuit loyal people you know wont leave.

Fri Mar 07, 2008 10:59 pm
Main: Mofouler
Level: 1296

Guess what, Pantalones, the #1 team is run the way we are talking about...
u can't compare pants to this team for many reason. 1 most of the peeps on pants know each other and would never be evil because if you screwed with pants then the whole uni hated you. Plus everyone is p2p so they have something to lose unlike f2p peeps who can hide in w0 and not get punished. Plus pants has bizman :P

Sat Mar 08, 2008 12:54 am

How's about this. you guys can come up with a promotion system. You can tell what I already want so base it on what I have right now. When you come up with somthing post it and I will decide which one I want to use.

Sat Mar 08, 2008 12:51 pm
Main: Stooch
Level: 1619

If you like the guy and trust him and promote him. Why make him wait months, Its just bad!!!

Sat Mar 08, 2008 3:35 pm
over 9000!
Team: Axis Industries
Main: Churchill
Level: 5620

man, I'm getting some uber major deja vu vibes here

ok, in the book Ender's Game by Orson Scott Card, ender does not do the normal thing in strategy; he doesn't do formations. he switches thing up. the other armies are like WTF is he doing ?

it seems that It2 has done something very different in ss. almost every other team work the same way. instead of his team being like a dictatorship where the director being the top guy and wrong doing, even if unintential(can't spell), is a boot, he actully has a court system. It2 runs his team like a modern republic-type country(cept that he's director for life) and thats the thing. It's different, therefore, it's weird. It's not weird, it's being unique and actually seems to run pretty well. It2 looked at many teams and put together the best ones for CIS. This particular way of running things is ideal for small teams, cept, it works well with large teams too. This means that CIS may be the next Pantalones.

Thats another reason you may hate it. "Another Pants?" you say, it just shows you guys can't take the pressure from these new f2p to p2p teams. His team runs well, which means it can expand without causing much stress in CIS. The only other non uber team that can do this is MAD. But MAD has friends in places that some players don't want to mess with. So, if they can't pick on MAD, the pick on the team most like MAD, but without the friends. This means CIS.

this court system thing is a very good idea in that with the normal way, a loyal player may be booted for something another planned or influenced the director in booting the loyal one. the court allows forplayers to have a second chance to redeem themselves or state that they are inoccent. someone could use the normal system to steal lots of money from bases and then blame the deed on some less trusted person. The court system means they can review the problem and gather evidence through the use of software(i.e. screenshot software) and send it to It2 and judges via email to help or not help the one on trial.

the bounty of 250 mil means It2 is very serious about taking out deserters. This bounty is a debt that the deserter must pay in order to be left alone. It is kinda like the mafia, but it's a another way to gain money and increase treasury to gain several billion to outfit members and in theory help pay for some super loyal(not It2 or the counculors) members to go p2p.

the way to be promoted is to "bust your ass and work for promotion," quoted from It2. it shows that one must actually do something and not just be a friend in real life to be an officer in CIS. It also means that this team actually will continuously move forward and not get stuck.

they have a very informative team website. although I have an alt of Zephyr, and I don't want to upset my bosses there, CIS's website is much better by a long way than Zephyr's. they have everything one would want to know about CIS. that is probably the public one and I guess team only info passed around like how mercs did it. they probably email current guides to each other, so even though they seem to be poor in sending info to each other, but just reading what they say in the forums must be just skin deep.

the quizzes means It2 wants his teammates, or at least his officers, to be smart in ss, so they can handle being an officer on CIS. To me, it means the officers could be relied upon making deciesions in times of war as well as peace to better the team. This takes a lot of the burden off of It2, so they can run the team 24/7.

so far, this concludes what I have to say.

Sun Mar 09, 2008 10:33 am

I haven't had 3 years of military leadership training for nothing. I want our team to be able to run itself and I want every member on our team to know what is going on, be aware of the rules, do what their supposed to and respect everyone on the team. After the break up of the United Trade Federation I had a whole month to sit down and think, what did I do wrong? After that I proceded to go around and veiw major teams, pants, LC, toxic, traders, ect ect. I veiwed all their rules and picked the best ones I thought would work for our team. Many people back during the days of the UTF did not like the way the team ran becuase I ran it like a dictatorship. I am a republican down to heart and after sitting there watching all this super tuesday stuff it hit me....... why dont I make a republic instead of a dictatorship. Lets face it here what happens to communist governments and dictatorships? They always fall in time and democracy always previals (along with republics). I had at first thought about making a democracy but quickly decided agianst it for one reason how do I know that if my term as director is up that when I hand over the reins that the next guy wont turn this into a dictatorship like what I was trying to avoid? Most of what I am implying here works becuase it has been tested in real life. Most of what I am also doing believe it or not is military. Surprise Surprise be you didn't know military had a few things in common with this sort of stuff. I am the kind of person who will stand up and fight for what I believe is right. With people like me you get change and without people like me as I have said before you don't get progress in anything. For those of you who support me thank you. For those of you who dont I will let you know this that I dont buckle under pressure and when there's a will there's a way.

I don't rule through fear and power, even though I am your leader I am your friend and will treat you with the equal respect that I give anyone. When it comes time to work I ask that you treat me as your leader and respect me and trust in what I say.

I leave you all with this to think about :

It is not big armies that win battles, it is the good ones.
Maurice de Saxe

Sun Mar 09, 2008 11:08 am
Main: Stooch
Level: 1619

Enders Game, i need to buy that. I borrowed it from my school library years ago. Thats a damn awesome book.

Sun Mar 09, 2008 12:21 pm