Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 79 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6  Next
Main: Beelz
Level: 1

Post Re: New Team Wheel of Time (WoT)
I'd say reading this series out of order is nigh on impossible.

Mikkel wrote:
perhaps balefire used from the True Power opposed to the One Power is different...doesnt affect the pattern in the same way, or perhaps just affects it in a more subtle way

and you are correct. the One Power drives the world and the pattern itself so it affects it in very subtle ways. However the True Power isn't subtle....it punches wholes in the pattern to travel and tears threads out when using balefire. Which makes perfect sense considering the source of that power.

Fri Jul 23, 2010 1:28 pm

Well then wouldn't it make sense that the peoples actions who were burnt out should have been erased just like those who are using the one power?

Mon Aug 02, 2010 7:06 pm
Team: PrimalDecus
Main: Uth Matar
Level: 2465

rand4505 wrote:
By part 2 does he mean the Great Hunt? Or is the the 2/3 part of the new split Eye of the World? I would not jump right into the Great Hunt w/o reading EotW first as the first book sets up the second. Reading this series out of order is a huge mistake.

I ment The great Hunt and i agree they should be read in order but im banned from all book renting places and no english bookstores in sight so i used what i could put my hand on and that was The Great Hunt .
It starts great but then comes the relativly short part when 2 main AdeSedai woman are talking about political situation on the continent and lay out plans for all tavern . That is most confusing part i read in longest time - in part cos of all lands and names start with A :) . After that part book is picking up speed and i could not put it down until i finished it to bad i had to wait so long until next part :( .
In short after i cached up with first part i did not read and after I wrapped my head around writers vision of his world i found books to be really really good and worth the money to buy them . I would recommend it to all .
It takes little time to get adjusted to rules in that world but after understanding that book are great read ...

FREDOM FOR WING4+ !!! NOW !!! /viewtopic.php?f=4&t=28872&st=0&sk=t&sd=a
The Voomy One :Uth Matar is correct!

Thu Aug 12, 2010 3:46 pm

Glad to hear you liked the book. I could only imagine some confusion starting the series on book 2.

The team is still recruiting P2P players. We are helpful and have a good time.

Tue Aug 31, 2010 5:38 pm

Still recruiting

Thu Sep 09, 2010 12:07 pm
Team: PrimalDecus
Main: Uth Matar
Level: 2465

I just passed the middle of third book Im still like it but i think by now the writer has a problem with starting a book everytime XD first few pages are always hard to read but after that you can not put it down ...

FREDOM FOR WING4+ !!! NOW !!! /viewtopic.php?f=4&t=28872&st=0&sk=t&sd=a
The Voomy One :Uth Matar is correct!

Thu Sep 09, 2010 10:43 pm

Then i foresee trouble for you in books 4 and 5 as they are the slowest imo ;)

Fri Sep 10, 2010 7:00 am
Team: Aidelon
Main: Hooch Dealer
Level: 4812

Hell no Book 4 was the Best and 5 was Better! :P

http://www.gbtv.com
http://www.theblaze.com

Fri Sep 10, 2010 8:30 am
Profile YIM
Main: Spatzz
Level: 3104

If anything 8 and 9 where the slowest. I have read this series 3 times and you makes me want to go for a 4th as I am forgetting everything alrdy! I agree, I do wish the dirtbag had held off dying till he finished the series but once you get into Book 12 it is difficult to remember how Jordan wrote meaning Anderson seems normal.

>Spatzz

Fri Sep 10, 2010 4:06 pm
Main: queso de cabra
Level: 6

The gathering Storm is the best one yet. but i would have liked it if there was only one more book besides 3 more. They seem to drag it out. They are really good books still.

Sun Sep 12, 2010 6:28 pm

i would prefer it to never end XD. so many side stories not explored and so much Lore left undiscovered.

Sun Sep 12, 2010 6:34 pm
Team: Aidelon
Main: Hooch Dealer
Level: 4812

I'd rather Harriet wrote the rest of the books. Anderson already made a few MAJOR mistakes in the last book, i.e. a real Aes Sedia lieing to an inn keeper. I'll let you guys find the exact chapter.

http://www.gbtv.com
http://www.theblaze.com

Sun Sep 12, 2010 8:18 pm
Profile YIM
Team: Imperium
Main: RoflWaffle
Level: 4916

rand4505 wrote:
I'd rather Harriet wrote the rest of the books. Anderson already made a few MAJOR mistakes in the last book, i.e. a real Aes Sedai lieing to an inn keeper. I'll let you guys find the exact chapter.

i thought that was a plot road never traveled down, implying that she was dark ajah, i would go back and look because im going off memory of having read this like forever ago, but i gave the book to a friend...

Sun Sep 12, 2010 8:35 pm

There were several fairly large errors, but overall i thought he did very well. Its already been posted that there are going to be many unfinished plots. This series could and should continue. I look forward to the new book coming out every couple years.

PM Dragon Reborn, or Rand Althor to join the team.

Tue Sep 14, 2010 12:25 pm

bump

Looking for P2P players who are active and would like to join an active team. This team is based around the WoT series so peeps familiar with the books are welcome. But we will except anyone with a good rep, and who can be loyal to a team.

Wed Oct 06, 2010 3:55 pm
Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 79 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6  Next