Post new topic This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 38 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2, 3  Next
Team: Suns of Hades
Main: Abbara
Level: 6776

Post Chosen Ones Philosophy
"There is no 'I' in team..." "...Some people dream of success, others wake up and work hard for it every day."

I created Chosen Ones as a team open to all who are willing to work for what they need. Too often have I bared witness to people progressing in the game through shortcuts and thus miss the true meaning of the game... "To participate in the game content the way it was designed in order to progress your alter ego."

Chosen Ones is a team built around this philosophy and therefore will not be suited to people who are after a quick road to uberness. As we are small, you have to be an equal active member in order to be successful.

I will happily take on low level members.
I will not tollerate public arguments in the team or in All chat
I will actively participate with other teams to help them / us
I will actively help to progress my members in any way I am able
I expect all Chosen Ones members to do the same... help others so they may pay it forward

We are not Toxic, we are not Pants, we are not JAWSS, we are not Traders

These are all well established teams who are able to take freeloaders without feeling the impact. Chosen Ones can no longer tollerate people who join, get what they need / want, then leave (mentioning no names).

From now one there is a Pay Out Clause.

Any member of Chosen Ones who, after joining, decides to leave without a boot will be eligible to pay 500 mil per alt to leave.

This will be enforced by me with severe penalties for people who break this rule. If you join, join in good faith and be willing to pay this price to leave I have been severely damaged by people walking out.

Last edited by Tarik on Tue Oct 23, 2007 5:47 am, edited 1 time in total.

Tue Oct 02, 2007 2:59 am
Team: Olympus
Main: Unix
Level: 926

mabey instead of just giving stuff to new members you should wait awi\hile first. make them earn thier keep, or at least your trust

I disapprove of what you say, but I will defend to the death your right to say it.

Tue Oct 02, 2007 12:47 pm
Main: Ligthning
Level: 1318

Post Re: Chosen Ones Philosophy
Tarik wrote:
Any member of Chosen Ones who, after joining, decides to leave will be eligible to pay 500 mil per alt to leave. If any member quits without a boot they will be eligible to pay 1bil per alt.

This will be enforced by me with severe penalties for people who break this rule. If you join, join in good faith and be willing to pay this price to leave I have been severely damaged by people walking out.

Damn, i was considering to come back and join that team! But they just want my hard earned credits!

If I join with a poor alt and I find you boring, can he quit cheap (since he's poor and all) ?

Tue Oct 02, 2007 4:00 pm
Team: Deep Space Federation
Main: Denoan
Level: 2035

*wonders what the 'severe penalties' would be* o.O

Wed Oct 03, 2007 2:23 am
Profile YIM

No, I am serious abou this. Don't join my team, I don't want you, unless you are here to stay through the good times and the bad.

You know you wont get everything you want on day 1 and that you will have to work hard for what you get as it is still a small team.

One thing is for damn sure. If you are in my team you have ym support and friendship at all times and I will help you all I can.

The severe penalties depend on what you do before, during and after your abandonment of my team. It could just be me shouting at you over PM or it could be your temporary or even permanent entry into my Kill on Sight list. (pending your payment of the penalty fee + interest 10% per week).

If you don't join my team because you don't want to pay an exit fee then you weren't serious about sticking with my team anyway and I don't want you so no worries.

Thanks again all. 8)

Wed Oct 03, 2007 2:56 am
Main: PullMyFinger
Level: 1331

What if I join, and dont like your team, and just bug you and spam team chat til you boot me?

Do I still have to pay the fine? Waht if I can't afford teh fine? Im really poor you know!

Wed Oct 03, 2007 3:22 am
Main: Minch
Level: 2357

I think it's a good idea, If your gonna fuck him around and leave i think you should pay a fine ..

I also think most teams should use it .. If they don;t pay this fine they go on KOS it's simple

Yet another post spammed my Junkie

-Minch-

Wed Oct 03, 2007 4:21 am

Well, This is my team policy and I will enforce it regardless of external or internal influences attempting alter it.

Wed Oct 03, 2007 6:09 am
Main: PhysicalAbuse V
Level: 2006

Stop spamming his post ..

I think it's a good idea, If your gonna fuck him around and leave i think you should pay a fine ..

I also think most teams should use it .. If they don;t pay this fine they go on KOS it's simple

Yet another post spammed my Junkie

-Minch-

mincher2k4 wrote:
Freindly with Toxic heh xD

-Minch-

o?

Wed Oct 03, 2007 7:10 am
Main: Ligthning
Level: 1318

Sorry about that post, I've been living to long in Kristiansand (that place seriusly fuck up you head). What I ment was:

Fun consept, but I don't think it will work the way it's intended to work. Some won't join cuz they won't be "forced" to stay in any way and not because they are "quitters". And it ain't good for any team to have members that actually don't want to be on it. It's bad for the morale and loyality, the two factors that keep the teams together.

Just play and have fun.

Wed Oct 03, 2007 2:49 pm
Team: Traders
Main: the speed of dark
Level: 2833

Chosen Ones are cool, Abbara is a good DM so all you DM's out there can get great advice from him.

Wed Oct 03, 2007 4:12 pm
Team: Sykes
Main: PlasmitetheSecond
Level: 858

great team- 5 stars. DragonTvb is great, Abbara is great, etc etc

Wed Oct 03, 2007 8:01 pm

"Listen to those whom have never demonstrably inclined you to do otherwise as they will predominantly remain true to that course."

I will take heed from my friends' suggestions of late as it seems they were not wrong after all.

(No Simon I am not referring to the rash, but thank you for recommending the cream... very soothing!)

Mon Oct 22, 2007 11:59 am
Post new topic This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 38 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2, 3  Next