Team: Traders
Main: Thyme
Level: 2811

Octo, 2 things. One, do you think this looks like an octopus?
Image Also, what level is 'high level'

Sat Dec 01, 2007 5:02 am
Profile WWW
Team: Evil Empire
Main: Outcast
Level: 2205

Octo, 2 things. One, do you think this looks like an octopus?
Image Also, what level is 'high level'

Octopus wrote:
high level (1000+, t20)

Sat Dec 01, 2007 5:46 am
Main: Carlos the mackerel
Level: 1492

I've got to say I agree with the Octopus on this... one big alliance is very silly. That said I don't think I'll be applying to join your team :), partly because I fear poddings, but mostly because no matter how high level I get I'll always be crap at pvp... uh and pvai for that matter...

Sat Dec 01, 2007 8:21 am
Main: ERMAN
Level: 8510

Post Re: Dead Rabbits
TheOctopus wrote:
I and Octopus have been called monsters, as has our friend Jack,

If you aren't Octopus, then who are you?

Sat Dec 01, 2007 11:39 am
Profile WWW
Team: Light Commerce
Main: Sharky99x
Level: 2766

Ok well i for myself have grown tired of this bullshit..and as you seem to have dragged me into this im finally going to have my say after biting my lip for sooo long.. so lets just have a look at the 'real' cause and objective behind all of this !!!

TheOctopus wrote:
There is no opposition to the highest, toughest teams.

Yes there is there is Toxic!

TheOctopus wrote:
Yet they have formed an alliance.

Why is everyone jumping into an alliance with Pants and Co ? Well for one LC sure would do to the factthat Pants is the ONLY team not yet to have attacked everyone.

Toxic on the other-hand has attacked a number of teams including LC last uni. So you and your so called crusade were the ones that forced EVERYONE into this alliance and have ALIENATED Toxic from the rest of the playerbase.

TheOctopus wrote:
The problem with the alliance is that everyone helpes everyone in these teams making them all uber, BUT with this comes the problem. Low power teams like First Flight have little to no hope of achieving anything significant because the alliance will be there like one massive team killing off ubers, giving nochance or thought to those people on the lower class teams. In my own opinion. They might as well all merge into one big team.

You mean like Toxic were doing last uni ? Sure other teams are known for it as well but when Toxic run to grab all major skill resources and then start charging 8bil for per lvl of station management 20 (over what 20X the price) and 15 mil per aridinite (3X normal price) and 7mil for Cloud mercury (previous sold by non toxic member for 100K).

WTF dude this is taking the piss.

You start charging prices like this and expect peeps not to join forces and stop you next uni ????

TheOctopus wrote:
I and Octopus have been called monsters, as has our friend Jack, and we're monsters because we're trying to split this stupid alliance up because it's broken, and it's wrong.

An alliance which you created in the first place. Yes there was the Pants-Jawws-TFC alliance previously but Toxic also had their alliances too until they merged them all into one gigantic team overnight.

You resolution that you are setting by example is that ALL members join the Pants team (exactly as Toxic have done) thus ensuring there are 2 MAJOR teams that control the whole uni.

Well i tell you First Flight and all the other small teams will have no chance.

TheOctopus wrote:
People are moaning about being killed 'more than once' by us. The other day I was in a fight with 3 alliancers who killed me 7 times. I don't complain because I fight for what I believe in.

You are the aggressor you have started this war that you worked hard to create throughout last uni anyways.

TheOctopus wrote:
People who aren't prepared to fight for what they believe in should not be a member of this alliance,t hey should join lowblie teams and help them out."

To allow yourself and Toxic to take control of the entire uni like a huge empire charging extortionate prices thus preventing all small teams from growing.

TheOctopus wrote:
At war with

Jawwss, tfc, traders, pants, underdawgs, Light commerce.

If you want to end the allaince then break the foundations (that you built) from what it is built on. Those foundations are :

- The threat of an attack from Toxic and or its members in a splinter cell to protect the main team. (YES we knew this was coming from you guys a long time and is why we have all jumped together)

- The continued aggression from Toxic and its new splinter cell Dead Rabbits. (If you truely want to end this allaince cancel your war and mend the relations which YOU destroyed thus alienating yourselfs)

- Dont force a need for an alliance by charging extremely extortionate prices on commods and skills. SS history shows that you wont get those commods next uni :roll:

All this BULLSHIT that you are preaching about a utopian Star Sonata was already in place to a certain extent. However it was yourself and your previous team that:

a) Went on a power hungry craze to control ALL resources to ensure only THEIR team had access to them (oh apart from the odd low lvl person that had say 100bil lying around.. That REALLY helped the small teams to grow)

b) Attacked a number of teams (sod Traders they deserved it for their constant bullying and they got what was coming to them) but where was the Toxic agression going to end as they clearly showed that Traders would not be their only target.

So what is the TRUE reason behind this agression ? Could it be :

- To destroy all resistance to toxic without Toxic suffering any REAL losses and to allow Toxic to expand without opposition.
- To break up the allaince to ensure the smaller teams and those in the alliance are unable to defend themselves should Toxic decide they are in thier way or they have something which should 'rightfully' belong to toxic.

I dont for one minute believe that you are acting alone without some assistance from toxic. Nor do I doubt that you will return to Toxic the very second you have finished your 'crusade'. Or would you ironically create an alliance with them first ?

If you truely want to damage the Pants Alliance then go back to Toxic and instead fix the relations that you have destroyed.

I speak for LC is saying this and it was due to Toxics attack last uni why we would not go to Toxic for an alliance, why they were seen as aggressors to LC and why we have used every resource to ensure a stronger relationship to Pants.

Toxic and LC have only just started taking the first steps to repairing a relationship that was destroyed by its previous actions. Do not add further bitterness by dragging us into your hypocritical and ironic war.

Sat Dec 01, 2007 1:09 pm

And my apologies to my friends in Toxic and other teams.. but some of you have been whining about how unfair this allaince is when your actions were the cause of it.

Last edited by Sharky99x on Sat Dec 01, 2007 1:40 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Sat Dec 01, 2007 1:13 pm
Dev Team
Team: HAL
Main: HAL 9000
Level: 1002

Sharky99x wrote:
- Dont force a need for an alliance by charging extremely extortionate prices on commods and skills. SS history shows that you wont get those commods next uni :roll:

This is completely ridiculous, if you offer something for a price and people pay it, it isn't extortion. You may not like the price, but the other alternative is that it doesn't get sold at all (kept in team), or you are just one of the lucky people who got it while it was available while it isn't possible to buy it 99% of the time. In fact, I bet that with Traders owning Biologique this universe, it won't even be possible to obtain SM20 if you aren't a member of the current mega-alliance.

If there is any problem, it is not with the prices that players charge for these commodities, it is the fact that the demand for them is much larger than the current supply. Hopefully there will be alternative methods of acquiring some of these skills in the future.

Sat Dec 01, 2007 1:23 pm

2 unis ago I was able to get these commods for reasonable prices. In fact I was able to get Stm20, Warp 4 and a number of other skills quite easily.

SS history has shown time and time again that when one team gains a commod and charges a price that is extortionate compared to its predecessor or prevents others from buying then those unable to get those commods will work together.

I understand that at the beginning of a uni you will save all commods for your team before selling to the public, thats fair play. But if your horde them people will gang up to ensure you dont get them next uni.

And contrary to your bet HAL... Jawws owned bio 2 unis ago and I was easily able to get SM20 during mid and end uni. So was a number of other peeps in my team. And I was not part of a mega-alliance.

How traders act with bio is yet to be seen.

Sat Dec 01, 2007 1:40 pm
Team: Silver Guardians
Main: R.S.S. Wasp
Level: 4683

Ok, ERMAN, the original post was made by me and copied as the team description and added too by my brother.

Sharky, Toxic has neither the power or resources to match Pantalones alone, let alone this big alliance thing.

Ok, finally because I refuse to listen to any more of this: I have been PMed by no less than 23 different people telling me that I am working for Toxic. This is a load of Baloney. I, Jumpen Jack, and Octopus all came from Toxic, that is true. Before we left people were making un necessary comments that we were trying to make the team to take down pants, which was NOT the aim of Toxic, as far as I was aware. It was a lot of propaganda and in my opinion an excuse to stare down and splat an upcomming team with dellusions of war. And whoever thinks we're working FOR toxic has another thing coming. We're acting for the universe. I am looking into why there is a war with LC but my brothe is not at home at the moment so I really cannot contact him.

https://sect.news/

Sat Dec 01, 2007 1:59 pm
Profile WWW
Team: Olympus
Main: Unix
Level: 926

sharky, the reason the sm20 commod was so high priced was because only half of the comods went to the public so the supply was smaller then what it might have been with other teams and the demand was extremely great, i was talking with ciphe once and he told me he had had over 20 pms after haveing been logged in for 30minutes where ppl were asking to buy sm20 commods

I disapprove of what you say, but I will defend to the death your right to say it.

Sat Dec 01, 2007 3:38 pm
Team: Silver Guardians
Main: R.S.S. Wasp
Level: 4683

Well I'm tired. DR has disbanded feel free to delete this post.

https://sect.news/

Sat Dec 01, 2007 5:14 pm
Profile WWW
Main: Wasup999998
Level: 1921

HAL wrote:
Sharky99x wrote:

This is completely ridiculous, if you offer something for a price and people pay it, it isn't extortion. You may not like the price, but the other alternative is that it doesn't get sold at all (kept in team), or you are just one of the lucky people who got it while it was available while it isn't possible to buy it 99% of the time. In fact, I bet that with Traders owning Biologique this universe, it won't even be possible to obtain SM20 if you aren't a member of the current mega-alliance.

If there is any problem, it is not with the prices that players charge for these commodities, it is the fact that the demand for them is much larger than the current supply. Hopefully there will be alternative methods of acquiring some of these skills in the future.

The ones we are selling are not at exuberant prices.

Ha!

Tue Dec 04, 2007 12:50 am
Team: oVo's Sanctuary
Main: .,+*"I.+**oVo**+.I"*+,.
Level: 2793

I would like to place an order for 4 stm 20 commods. how much wassup?

@everyone
This post is laughable, toxic has never had even close to the manpower to 'take over the universe' or even just pants, let alone jawws and all the teams hiding behind them in "protective of" status.

@sharky
Also the stm commods last uni were dealt with by ciphe alot went to team, the rest he was the one choosing the prices not "toxic" as a team.

The 1 day attack which happen to LC (of which you lost practicaly nothing) was started by LIZA , between liza and meruva. This also happened BEFORE half of the current members of toxic and the new director even joined the team via a merge from Cerebus.

JJ, Retyu, Octopus have made their actions off their own backs with nothing to do with toxic, we do not have "splinter cells".

@sharky & everyone
Who exactly are these other teams that Toxic has attacked exactly, i keep hearing "toxic was waring everybody, OH the war mongers" the only war we had was with traders and they had it coming. I held a grudge on them since they used to bully and attack and wipe out gals for fun, when i was on "light commerce", and i'm pleased to say i took part in hitting back. So to anyone who wants to claim "toxic are warmongers", please supply some proof before you open your full-of-shit mouths.

@everyone
Sharky is expressing exactly the same concerns, albeit in a different way, that i have lately been expressing, such huge alliances in SS can not be helping the game for anyone but those on this alliance. As was said in this post there is no opposition to this alliance, even before the alliance just got bigger, toxic was never the 'opposition' and has no plans to be. So yes this alliance will be free to expand and roam unchecked.

There is so much bullshit propaganda & politics going on these days that SS is fast loosing its appeal for me just to play the game and enjoy this, and i find it a sad thing indeed.

-oVo

Tue Dec 04, 2007 8:27 am
Team: Suns of Hades
Main: Abbara
Level: 6776

I helped them in Bana the other night and it was a really cool run.

I hope that our two teams dont go to war again.

I do however agree that an alliance of such a size, where it is the only alliance of its type in a game, could create rather a monopoly on much of the "harder to Access" content.

This is why I have decided to do the SINTER Society Emp Runs... to open some content up beyond the alliance, or even any one team.

Who knows, if emp runs prove to be successful SINTER Society will spawn "Sub Societies" for other content to provide access for smaller teams to content their members need.

I'm done with leading teams. I am happy and content in pantalones. But I still share an active interest in trying to help individuals get to where they want to be which is why I created SINTER.

Tue Dec 04, 2007 8:35 am