Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 74 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next
Team: Red Faction
Main: Paladin's Presence
Level: 3937

Post Re: Death Mental/ Light Commerce war
thebattler35 wrote:
shawn_mccall wrote:
sublime wrote:
hmm,what started it,oh yea,EGO's.Like every war in ss,btw swingarm,ima hump your arm.

Umm... Actually it started with a misunderstanding in Bio between LC and JAWSS that ended in one huge clusterfuck.

Pretty sure it started because LN really really didn't like sharky, since the terms of surrender since the beginning of the war were that sharky leave LC. JAWSS got involved eventually yeh, but that wasn't the start.

No, I was there for its beginning. Pdff, if I recall correctly, accidentally bought all of PA's w4 commods at a greatly depreciated price when he was only supposed to buy one at that price and for some reason could not return them to the base. PA decided that was uncool so he warred LC, and offered free w4 commods to anyone that helped. DM then joined in and the long standing vaguely palpable animosity between DM and LC began to grow slowly, that is, until JAWSS was destroyed and many of their players went to DM fueling the hate for both sides at an exponential rate. There were a few cease-fires that all inevitably ended up being broken due to unfinished business with the war making it always revive itself shortly after ending, but hopefully this will be a long lasting peace as LC are probably my best friends in the game and DM isn't bad either.

andezrhode wrote:
goett wrote:
All oly ships look way to geometrically conservative for my tastes.

thats because most graphic designers are squares :mrgreen:

goett wrote:
Fired bullets taste like candy.

Sat May 14, 2011 9:09 pm
Team: Eminence Front
Main: thebattler36
Level: 2015

shawn_mccall wrote:
thebattler35 wrote:
shawn_mccall wrote:

Umm... Actually it started with a misunderstanding in Bio between LC and JAWSS that ended in one huge clusterfuck.

Pretty sure it started because LN really really didn't like sharky, since the terms of surrender since the beginning of the war were that sharky leave LC. JAWSS got involved eventually yeh, but that wasn't the start.

No, I was there for its beginning. Pdff, if I recall correctly, accidentally bought all of PA's w4 commods at a greatly depreciated price when he was only supposed to buy one at that price and for some reason could not return them to the base. PA decided that was uncool so he warred LC, and offered free w4 commods to anyone that helped. DM then joined in and the long standing vaguely palpable animosity between DM and LC began to grow slowly, that is, until JAWSS was destroyed and many of their players went to DM fueling the hate for both sides at an exponential rate. There were a few cease-fires that all inevitably ended up being broken due to unfinished business with the war making it always revive itself shortly after ending, but hopefully this will be a long lasting peace as LC are probably my best friends in the game and DM isn't bad either.

I was on the team at the time as well. I know for a fact that DM said the war would end if sharky left LC, because Aidelon was formed because sharky wouldn't agree to the terms.

As far as the W4 commods it was the fact that reimbursement was refused that brought JAWSS into the war. JAWSS wasn't destroyed by LC, it was already falling apart due to inactivity...

Sun May 15, 2011 9:17 am

LC was not at war with anyone at the time, we had had a few hostilities with DM leading up to it but there was no war when JAWSS declared. As to whether DM joined for W4 commods or for the chance to shoot at Sharky does not matter, all that does is that LC was not at war or KOSed by any teams until after JAWSS declared.

andezrhode wrote:
goett wrote:

goett wrote:

Sun May 15, 2011 1:37 pm
Main: Capt Cool
Level: 0

JAWSS was never destroyed so stop stroking your ego.

jawss simply merged with DM cause junkie was inactive.

Mon May 16, 2011 9:59 am
Team: Star Revolution X
Main: Spirit of the Healer
Level: 10831

Chrono564 wrote:
Threaten wrote:
kelly16 wrote:
FUCK, i been in this was 2 times on difrent acc, always been on LC side holding for 1-2 LC members and hoping DM would kill the rest...

Sharky, What will i do if i resub?

first of all, who are you?

Mew lchigo <-- Traded / forgot username---> Sailor Moon , many many other alts <--- forgot usenames but I think those were his mains.

Swift~Death is main atm

Mon May 16, 2011 12:26 pm
Team: Light Commerce
Main: Sharky99x
Level: 2766

EwanB wrote:

Wasnt PA in charge ? Junkie had nothing to do with it and wasnt active for a long time prior to the wars. And when you merge doesnt that mean all players go into one team ?

If i remember correctly JAWSS members went to FF, DM and numerous other teams. You can hardly call it a merge if more than one team is involved. That sounds more like the team disbanded as opposed to 'merged'.

Having said that, JAWWS was a great team. One of many that have fallen over the ages. Arguing about the specifics or 'real reasons' are pointless and endless.

We should remember, honour and respect the great team for its accomplishments not for its demise.

LC holds great respect for all the needless casualties throughout the wars.

Mon May 16, 2011 11:15 pm
Team: Zephyr
Main: Ruin
Level: 4534

Sharky99x wrote:
And when you merge doesnt that mean all players go into one team ?

No, no and no. You have obviously never merged teams before.

Tue May 17, 2011 12:04 am
Team: Blueberry Pancakes
Main: Le Pong
Level: 2319

Nice to hear there is some peace in the Universe!

:mrgreen: :mrgreen: :mrgreen: :mrgreen: :mrgreen: :mrgreen: :mrgreen: :mrgreen: :mrgreen: :mrgreen: :mrgreen: :mrgreen: :mrgreen: :mrgreen: :mrgreen: :mrgreen: :mrgreen: :mrgreen: :mrgreen: :mrgreen: :mrgreen: :mrgreen: :mrgreen: :mrgreen:

Tue May 17, 2011 4:48 am
Main: Beelz
Level: 1

BinG! wrote:
Nice to hear there is some peace in the Universe!

:mrgreen: :mrgreen: :mrgreen: :mrgreen: :mrgreen: :mrgreen: :mrgreen: :mrgreen: :mrgreen: :mrgreen: :mrgreen: :mrgreen: :mrgreen: :mrgreen: :mrgreen: :mrgreen: :mrgreen: :mrgreen: :mrgreen: :mrgreen: :mrgreen: :mrgreen: :mrgreen: :mrgreen:

:shock: :shock: :shock: :shock: :shock: :shock: :shock: :shock: :shock: :shock: :shock: :shock: :shock: :shock: :shock: :shock: :shock: :shock: :shock: :shock: :shock: :shock: :shock: :shock:

Tue May 17, 2011 6:55 am
Main: Capt Cool
Level: 0

Sharky99x wrote:
EwanB wrote:

Wasnt PA in charge ? Junkie had nothing to do with it and wasnt active for a long time prior to the wars. And when you merge doesnt that mean all players go into one team ?

If i remember correctly JAWSS members went to FF, DM and numerous other teams. You can hardly call it a merge if more than one team is involved. That sounds more like the team disbanded as opposed to 'merged'.

Having said that, JAWWS was a great team. One of many that have fallen over the ages. Arguing about the specifics or 'real reasons' are pointless and endless.

We should remember, honour and respect the great team for its accomplishments not for its demise.

LC holds great respect for all the needless casualties throughout the wars.

The ppl that materd went 2 DM..so yes it was a merge. LC hasnt destroyed a single team as far as i know. neither has the faggy USA allie iirc...

Tue May 17, 2011 8:24 am
Main: Bobby Bobbs
Level: 3631

I'm still trying to find the place where someone said that LC destroyed anybody. Shawn McCall's post doesn't say that. Neither does Sharky's. Some teams have ceased to exists during my time in this game, the exact reasons are never completely clear. What does "destroyed" even mean? If a team merges with another(s), what is the no longer existing team's status?

Tue May 17, 2011 1:03 pm

I used the term destroyed. The reason for this is, for me, justified by the fact that 2-3 days prior to JAWSS breaking up the majority of their galaxies were killed. As to whether that was or was not the straw that broke the camels back remains to be seen.

However, the fact that the majority of JAWSS' galaxies were taken just a few days prior to their demise could only have negative effects on the strength and stability of the team as a whole, not to mention the fact that the destruction of these bases would have severed the lines tethering many players to JAWSS facilitating an exodus of players from the team.

So whether or not the assault on those galaxies was at fault does not matter, what does is that it exponentially increased the rate at which JAWSS lost its foothold in SS.

Anyway I digress, at the end of the day it does not matter how JAWSS met its end. It is lamentable though that one of the great teams at the time was lost due solely to the fact that the parties involved decided to start a war before pursuing any real diplomatic approach.

andezrhode wrote:
goett wrote:

goett wrote:

Tue May 17, 2011 1:46 pm
Team: Psionic Corps
Main: L0L
Level: 1061

You know what's gonna be hilarious? When the war starts again from arguing in this thread.

But thanks for the information, I hadn't even heard of SS when that was happening...

Kinky? Lets not go there...

I'm willing to go there ;)

blacker2359 wrote:
First thought: L0L playing C2? HOLY SHIT IT CAME OUT?!?
10 second later: I'm gonna kill L0L.

Tue May 17, 2011 4:53 pm
Profile YIM WWW
Team: Eminence Back
Main: reaper pride
Level: 5779

Rofl!!! LC did destroy JAWSS!!! PA gave it large trying to destroy LC when that failed and LC got the better of him, his team, his FAR superiour team..that was the end of JAWSS, no matter how u sugar coat it LC caused JAWWS demise..there fore defeated them..and thank god PA was a prick!

Wed May 18, 2011 1:02 am
Main: thebattler36
Level: 2015

xzume wrote:
Rofl!!! LC did destroy JAWSS!!! PA gave it large trying to destroy LC when that failed and LC got the better of him, his team, his FAR superiour team..that was the end of JAWSS, no matter how u sugar coat it LC caused JAWWS demise..there fore defeated them..and thank god PA was a prick!

I liked PA, he got me P19 :P

Wed May 18, 2011 1:11 am
Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 74 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next