Team: Eminence Front
Main: number666.5
Level: 8921

Post Re: SP :)
Tomzta09 wrote:
lordjeroen wrote:
heard someone was recording it
think with the many deaths they never uploaded it

I recorded it and I died 0 times, I keep playing it every single day as it makes me laugh Hysterically.

EDIT: I typed that whilst laughing ^

upload and give link!

Mon Aug 06, 2012 9:40 pm
Main: E11inium 4
Level: 2115

Tomzta09 wrote:
lordjeroen wrote:
heard someone was recording it
think with the many deaths they never uploaded it

I recorded it and I died 0 times, I keep playing it every single day as it makes me laugh Hysterically.

EDIT: I typed that whilst laughing ^

Liar, you died once along with me.

Tue Aug 07, 2012 4:04 pm
Team: Traders
Main: Mow
Level: 9760

Shooting Vap because he shot me and bases popping me through some kind of aggro issue doesn't count.

Wed Aug 08, 2012 5:55 am
Main: Lupusregina Beta
Level: 4903

Tomzta09 wrote:
Shooting Vap because he shot me and bases popping me through some kind of aggro issue doesn't count.

Was fun day..i saw vap jumping in and sent my kits after him.

Wed Aug 08, 2012 5:56 am
Main: Timberwolf
Level: 2865

Reason why it did: it wasnt layed in my gal

Wed Aug 08, 2012 9:13 am
Main: Capt Cool
Level: 0

mine^

Wed Aug 08, 2012 9:15 am
Team: The Forgotten Colonies
Main: Just so i can post
Level: 3587

Sad part about all this is that a thread like this 1 year ago would have been spammed with replies, now its basicly empty, i fear for the future of SS.

Wed Aug 08, 2012 2:14 pm
Main: Dream Wolf
Level: 5855

Belliaum wrote:
Sad part about all this is that a thread like this 1 year ago would have been spammed with replies, now its basicly empty, i fear for the future of SS.

I've noticed that. I went on holidays for a week and a half, had a look on the forum on my return anticipating a whole new page of threads to gander and there were like five. Is that just because of the new forum or are there less people ingame, too?

Wed Aug 08, 2012 4:20 pm
Team: Blueberry Pancakes
Main: ywigundamrules2003
Level: 2782

Older players with end game content aren't playing even close to what they used too. Those that do play, play very spiradictly and sub speradictly. The evolution of this game did not go and or keep up with a large amount of the older player base who were from what I saw more invested in the game as a whole. They were invested because a too them and myself included were there from the start. Players who dont come in from the start are far less invested in the game as a whole and I would think is reflected in time spent playing as well as over all longer term subbing. As well as MMOG games are flooding the online market in numerous forums, when SS started out there were not a lot of other games that offered that playing style and content. Now you can't turn around on the net without hitting some kind of MMOG in some form. Quite a few have adopted the F2P style and generating money from the purchace of end game or rare content. SS hasn't really adopted this method fully and still relies very much on monthly subscriptions to be able to survive, when now the market except for a few games like WoW and few others are shifting away from a monthly subscription bases system. This very much isolates games that are month to month subscriptions. If you are WoW and have millions of subscribers this shift does not affect them as much or as fast. When you are a small game like SS you see the effect far faster and in a much small span of time. Even Eve which you used to hear about all the time has very much lost of of its momentum and hype. It has a few advantages over SS yes, and I have like their ability to use in game credits to purchance month to month passes and have the game itself indorse this. Marketing wise SS has never has a strong hold on this area and was never really a focus. Bags has recent put some nice stuff together in some respects and props to her for that. My feeling is that this stuff should have come out with a proper launch of SS 2 marketing campain. There was the offical launch which went pretty bad... come admit it the 2- 3 weeks of constant crashes bugs and missing content was a stellar launch on many levels. Then they they has a semi relaunch which brought in some new people but about again only short term with what I would be guessing to be 50% or more retention loss of subcribers from that time over the next 6 months. Reddit did again bring in more players, but again a lot did not stick around or have not subcribed for a perlonged period of time. The market and promotion of the game has relied far to much on word of mouth I feel and has been far to slow in putting out a long term sustainble promotion of the game from the company itself. Is word of mouth and player base promotion bad? Not at all it is very good but relieing on it too much makes it very hard to change the promotional thinking gears to a new direction as that has been the traditional method of attracting players to this game. The game has changed and so should the tactic of moving it forward. My opion and i'm sure people will blast this atricle to peices once it is posted, is that there have been too many stumbling blocks for this things to take off and be as successful as it could have been. Some of these problems are just the nature of a independant game. While others are the result of maybe the learning curve being a bit to steap, timing, and the ability to change the direction of certain things as needed to bulster its fundimentals. This is a personal view of the game from me over the last 8 years or so I have played it. It has been a wonderful experience to see how things have unfolded both good and bad. The questions I ask myself about this game are....Does it have the driving power to survive another 8 years?.....What is the vision for the game in the next 2 years....Is this game on the rise of has it's growth leveled out for the most part?....Does it have the marketing power to take itself to the next level and make people want to spend their money here?....Why should I play this game over the many others out there that aren't as expensive to play and offer competitive graphics and game play?...What does this game offer that others don't and that will keep me playing for say the next year... There are many others but those are some of ones that really stand out too me as a player looking and the life of MMOG game. SBP has had its share of followers and haters for many reasons over the years and as the game changes the teams will change as well.

Thu Aug 09, 2012 4:20 pm

gundamrules2003 wrote:
Older players with end game content aren't playing even close to what they used too. Those that do play, play very spiradictly and sub speradictly. The evolution of this game did not go and or keep up with a large amount of the older player base who were from what I saw more invested in the game as a whole. They were invested because a too them and myself included were there from the start. Players who dont come in from the start are far less invested in the game as a whole and I would think is reflected in time spent playing as well as over all longer term subbing. As well as MMOG games are flooding the online market in numerous forums, when SS started out there were not a lot of other games that offered that playing style and content. Now you can't turn around on the net without hitting some kind of MMOG in some form. Quite a few have adopted the F2P style and generating money from the purchace of end game or rare content. SS hasn't really adopted this method fully and still relies very much on monthly subscriptions to be able to survive, when now the market except for a few games like WoW and few others are shifting away from a monthly subscription bases system. This very much isolates games that are month to month subscriptions. If you are WoW and have millions of subscribers this shift does not affect them as much or as fast. When you are a small game like SS you see the effect far faster and in a much small span of time. Even Eve which you used to hear about all the time has very much lost of of its momentum and hype. It has a few advantages over SS yes, and I have like their ability to use in game credits to purchance month to month passes and have the game itself indorse this. Marketing wise SS has never has a strong hold on this area and was never really a focus. Bags has recent put some nice stuff together in some respects and props to her for that. My feeling is that this stuff should have come out with a proper launch of SS 2 marketing campain. There was the offical launch which went pretty bad... come admit it the 2- 3 weeks of constant crashes bugs and missing content was a stellar launch on many levels. Then they they has a semi relaunch which brought in some new people but about again only short term with what I would be guessing to be 50% or more retention loss of subcribers from that time over the next 6 months. Reddit did again bring in more players, but again a lot did not stick around or have not subcribed for a perlonged period of time. The market and promotion of the game has relied far to much on word of mouth I feel and has been far to slow in putting out a long term sustainble promotion of the game from the company itself. Is word of mouth and player base promotion bad? Not at all it is very good but relieing on it too much makes it very hard to change the promotional thinking gears to a new direction as that has been the traditional method of attracting players to this game. The game has changed and so should the tactic of moving it forward. My opion and i'm sure people will blast this atricle to peices once it is posted, is that there have been too many stumbling blocks for this things to take off and be as successful as it could have been. Some of these problems are just the nature of a independant game. While others are the result of maybe the learning curve being a bit to steap, timing, and the ability to change the direction of certain things as needed to bulster its fundimentals. This is a personal view of the game from me over the last 8 years or so I have played it. It has been a wonderful experience to see how things have unfolded both good and bad. The questions I ask myself about this game are....Does it have the driving power to survive another 8 years?.....What is the vision for the game in the next 2 years....Is this game on the rise of has it's growth leveled out for the most part?....Does it have the marketing power to take itself to the next level and make people want to spend their money here?....Why should I play this game over the many others out there that aren't as expensive to play and offer competitive graphics and game play?...What does this game offer that others don't and that will keep me playing for say the next year... There are many others but those are some of ones that really stand out too me as a player looking and the life of MMOG game. SBP has had its share of followers and haters for many reasons over the years and as the game changes the teams will change as well.

formating please, that was pretty hard to read

Thu Aug 09, 2012 4:44 pm
Main: Dindu Nuffin
Level: 3522

wall of text V_V

http://img850.imageshack.us/img850/2103/mutes.jpg

Thu Aug 09, 2012 4:44 pm
Main: playerboy345
Level: 3084

gundamrules2003 wrote:

So much effort and noone is going to read it!

The Voomy One wrote:
Quote:
Runescape, Allows you to change your name every 30 days.

Runescape sucks so it doesnt count :P

Thu Aug 09, 2012 4:45 pm
Team: Blueberry Pancakes
Main: ywigundamrules2003
Level: 2782

Your choice read it or dont lol

Thu Aug 09, 2012 5:51 pm
Main: playerboy345
Level: 3084

I won't :)

The Voomy One wrote:
Quote:
Runescape, Allows you to change your name every 30 days.

Runescape sucks so it doesnt count :P

Thu Aug 09, 2012 6:05 pm