Main: Bastamental
Level: 3586

Post Re: Pirates
Llamas have nothing to do with therefore nuttela crackers.

Jiraque wrote:
It's a seer thing.
Paxx wrote:
Use that yellow thingy on that zerk!

Fri Sep 07, 2012 5:58 pm

Species 8472 wrote:
Utumno wrote:
You slave travelships when you use slave swarms.

What is the purpose of a slave swarm ..

That is already more text than worth the issue;

Slave swarms? You know them I'm sure - Paximini combat slave swarsm, BST slave swarms to name as the most common ones, accompanied by a few aura generating trade slaves.
Especially BST swarms and some variants of their commands ships travel very slow.
You leave those close to the DGs or uber locations and fly back in the travelship - with loot on way home with supplies on the way back to them - to do your daily stuff.
Saves you a lot of time.

Sun Sep 09, 2012 7:27 am
Team: Eminence Front
Main: iArcea
Level: 13267

Utumno wrote:
That is already more text than worth the issue;

Slave swarms? You know them I'm sure - Paximini combat slave swarsm, BST slave swarms to name as the most common ones, accompanied by a few aura generating trade slaves.
Especially BST swarms and some variants of their commands ships travel very slow.
You leave those close to the DGs or uber locations and fly back in the travelship - with loot on way home with supplies on the way back to them - to do your daily stuff.
Saves you a lot of time.

That is a completely unrelated topic. If you have a slave swarm like that for storing your loot then you should NOT be in your travelship, therefore you should be in your main ship, which should be capable of fighting with the pirates. If you are complaining, get better. We're talking about said pirates apparently killing travelships here, not shitty ships you may decide to slave in order to make your life a little easier. Furthermore said ships should have high regen / be very stealthy.

Tue Sep 11, 2012 10:15 am

Species 8472 wrote:
Why would you want to slave said travelship? ...

My entry into this topic is this and my initial answer was short enough to not get let go off topic.
Furthermore if you did read my posts I'm not complaining at all.
Also if you actually did read my post you'd notice that I'm not storing loot in a slave swarm. Why would you store loot on your combat slaves?
While moving with the slave swarm I'm also not in the travelship - it wouldn't make any sense, would it? The reason to have it slaves is to bring it along with the swarm or are you usually DGing in your travelship?

I have reread my posts - I think my english is not that bad; probably you're just trying to pull my leg so I don't get it yet how and why. You got me wondering for sure. ?!?

Tue Sep 11, 2012 11:26 am
over 9000!
Main: enkelin
Level: 5600

Don't worry Utu, DoW is just looking for an argument / trying to sound like a bigshot. You're quite right that keeping your combat ship and slaves near the action and commuting in travel ship is most efficient.

Hi, I'm Anil, a long-time player turned developer. I am Star Sonata's lead content developer, which means that I run weekly dev meetings and make sure that any proposed changes to the game receive proper review before going live.

http://www.starsonata.com/features

Tue Sep 11, 2012 11:32 am

anilv wrote:
Don't worry Utu, DoW is just looking for an argument / trying to sound like a bigshot. You're quite right that keeping your combat ship and slaves near the action and commuting in travel ship is most efficient.

I'm so confused.

And put a sock in it enk I'm arguing against complaints of getting killed in scoutships, in which case I believe people should built better scoutships.

Thu Sep 13, 2012 11:09 am
over 9000!
Main: enkelin
Level: 5600

If that's your aim then you should re-read Utu's post and then apologize for completely misinterpreting it.

Hi, I'm Anil, a long-time player turned developer. I am Star Sonata's lead content developer, which means that I run weekly dev meetings and make sure that any proposed changes to the game receive proper review before going live.

http://www.starsonata.com/features

Thu Sep 13, 2012 11:21 am

Thank you for the clarification enk.

Thu Sep 13, 2012 11:36 am

Right ..

In response to Russel; I wouldn't have a low tech travelship, which defeats the objective of complaining about having a shit travelship, its bound to be if it's lower tech than you are capable of.

In response to Utu; I know of no one who makes low tech travelships and uses them for two purposes. All ships I use in proximity to ubers / DG's have enough hull to last a uni, therefore I have no need to scurry between my main stores and the ones far out.

Slave swarms is a completely unrelated topic, and has stemmed from Russel's completely useless input. Furthermore my view still stands, that if you die in your scout/travelship you deserve it. Other than misinterpreting what he said I have no need to apologise, slaving travelships for slave swarms is a stupid concept.

And Enk .. again keep your nose out, your mitigation is not required.

Thu Sep 13, 2012 11:45 am
Main: Mow
Level: 9759

The best scoutship anyone can get is a Mulligan's Zebu Titan. Easily made into a Scoutship and has an inbuilt resist aura which turns it into a tanking beast.

Or you could just bite the bullet and keep using your out-of-fashion Ancient Scrapships.

Thu Sep 13, 2012 12:11 pm

EDIT: Added colorization and typography to reduce readability and increase fun :P

Species 8472 wrote:
In response to Utu; I know of no one who makes low tech travelships...

Well, now you know someone - nice to meet you.
I'm also pretty sur
e that you know people in the game who use or used an Ancient scoutship as a travelship.
Species 8472 wrote:
In response to Utu; I know of no one who makes low tech travelships and uses them for two purposes. All ships I use in proximity to ubers / DG's have enough hull to last a uni, therefore I have no need to scurry between my main stores and the ones far out....

I wonder if my posts are really that misleading.
You use the travelship for traveling, using it for moving DG loot and consumables is just an added benefit.
Example - BS and Rhino for runs in your main gal or near Oly - BS (II) and EFDN for DGing far out.
You're much faster if you just leave the big ships there and use a travelship to travel back and forth inbetween.
Species 8472 wrote:
...In response to Utu;...Slave swarms is a completely unrelated topic, and has stemmed from Russel's completely useless input....

In did post into this topic cause you asked why someone would use a slaveable travelship.
Species 8472 wrote:
...In response to Utu; ...Furthermore my view still stands, that if you die in your scout/travelship you deserve it...

Well, I wasn't complaining. If you read my posts you'll see that I didn't complain at all.
Funnily you basically put that into every response you wrote to me as if you're implying I would be complaining.

Fri Sep 14, 2012 7:50 am

I AM COMPLAIN.

Fri Sep 14, 2012 11:19 am

This must be now my most favourite thread.

"I therefor do not complain that you do COMPLAIN even if you do actually not complain."

P.S.: I really hope you are a SD; a fast multi-coloured SD:

You see I now imagine you as a fast driver, open window, loud music, in the middle of the night, having multiple unrelated flags or banners waving in the wind around your car (probably a Golf V) and loudly shouting random stuff - not necessarily bad stuff - at unsuspecting walkers at the side of the road while driving happily far too fast with a big grin on your face...

Mon Sep 17, 2012 7:10 pm

Utumno wrote:

"I therefor do not complain that you do COMPLAIN even if you do actually not complain."

You see I now imagine you as a fast driver, open window, loud music, in the middle of the night, having multiple unrelated flags or banners waving in the wind around your car (probably a Golf V) and loudly shouting random stuff - not necessarily bad stuff - at unsuspecting walkers at the side of the road while driving happily far too fast with a big grin on your face...

Fairly accurate.

Wed Sep 19, 2012 2:36 pm
Main: Bastamental
Level: 3586

Utumno wrote:

Omg do me O.O

Jiraque wrote:
It's a seer thing.
Paxx wrote:
Use that yellow thingy on that zerk!

Wed Sep 19, 2012 10:59 pm