over 9000!
Main: enkelin
Level: 5600

Post Re: KoS
michelle wrote:
I feel sorry for the losses but i thought direct harassment was against the games rules even against people who scam.

FYI:

Quote:
Griefing is not allowed. Killing someone once is always ok but dont camp their stasised ship and kill them several times. Do not use a alt char that is much lower level then your main char to kill "real" low level players.

In practice, these conditions are often relaxed quite a bit in war time as well.

Hi, I'm Anil, a long-time player turned developer. I am Star Sonata's lead content developer, which means that I run weekly dev meetings and make sure that any proposed changes to the game receive proper review before going live.

http://www.starsonata.com/features

Fri Mar 08, 2013 8:22 am
Main: Meiren
Level: 2132

That's what i thought anilv. If the practice is relaxed why have it on the rules board it's like saying we have rules but we dont enforce them.

Fri Mar 08, 2013 8:28 am
Main: Mow
Level: 9759

Dark Brotherhood wrote:
Quote:
I seriously doubt Nirvana would have just outright done something to deserve anything like this.

May I be the first to point out that even his teammates says he can be a real asshole most of the time? I seriously doubt you know Nirvana that well.

He is.

Nirvana if you have opened that stupid mouth of yours again...

Fri Mar 08, 2013 8:44 am
Team: Cybernetic Trading Co.
Main: TheShaftofDiscipline
Level: 3180

Should be a community list of malicious players. No idea if there is already one or not. Should be sticky too

Fri Mar 08, 2013 8:47 am
Team: Star Revolution X
Main: topbuzzz
Level: 8015

posting something on a forum about someone alerting the community to his dastardly deeds does not constitute direct personal harassment.

Fri Mar 08, 2013 8:48 am
Profile WWW
Team: Cybernetic Trading Co.
Main: TheShaftofDiscipline
Level: 3180

I know, but they could be put into categories, stealing, tossing, piracy, IQ<x. Just a reference list of historical actions

Fri Mar 08, 2013 9:01 am
Main: None
Level: 0

Haha, win Shaft.

Fri Mar 08, 2013 9:44 am
over 9000!
Main: enkelin
Level: 5600

michelle wrote:
That's what i thought anilv. If the practice is relaxed why have it on the rules board it's like saying we have rules but we dont enforce them.

I fully agree. For a while there was an idea that when you enter your stasised ship you have an option to tow immediately to Sol, which would have allowed them to drop the griefing rule entirely (victim can always escape). But when they tried to implement it it caused a lot of bugs and they seem to have abandoned that for now.

Hi, I'm Anil, a long-time player turned developer. I am Star Sonata's lead content developer, which means that I run weekly dev meetings and make sure that any proposed changes to the game receive proper review before going live.

http://www.starsonata.com/features

Fri Mar 08, 2013 10:06 am

anilv wrote:
michelle wrote:

I fully agree. For a while there was an idea that when you enter your stasised ship you have an option to tow immediately to Sol, which would have allowed them to drop the griefing rule entirely (victim can always escape). But when they tried to implement it it caused a lot of bugs and they seem to have abandoned that for now.

It was on test server up until recently. It worked great, apart from causing a client crash on the tow. But when booting up a new client you had been successfully towed into Arena Lobby.

Jeff should post some information on the possible abandoning of the idea. And Bageese should post some more information on the server attacks.

This was a messy post.

Fri Mar 08, 2013 10:33 am
Team: Devil Dogs
Main: Zeus
Level: 3859

I will be the first one to tell anyone that yes i am an asshole. I have always been an asshole in SS and that will never change. But i will NEVER fuck someone over for any reason, i may hate someone but i will still be a honest player and even trade with you fairly. As to why Black Fatalis did this i have no clue, yes i didn't like that guy and i don't beat around the bush and tip toe around people because of it. I will straight up tell someone i don't like you. What ever his problem was with me he was too much of a coward to man up and say something. Therefore i will hunt him down if he ever returns like i did to the last 2 people to pull something like this who i thought were honorable players.

Fri Mar 08, 2013 12:40 pm
Team: Eminence Front
Main: iArcea
Level: 13267

transit wrote:
Yup positive. Directed at Nirvana and he says he is quitting but i am not sure.

I used to hate Black Fagalis

But if he did this to Nirvana...

HAHHAHAHAHHAHAHAA.

:lol:

My condolences to those non-Nirvanians who were affected. :roll:

sabre198 wrote:
dont need to add fatalis to my scammer list as he's already there 4 times

This ^

Don't promote such people to Officer, Fagalis has always been a shady individual.

I would say it's the leaderships fault but Dudo, Fnor and Fugue are too awesome soo...

Sun Mar 10, 2013 7:21 am
Team: Devil Dogs
Main: Zeus
Level: 3859

Dark Brotherhood wrote:
If this was a consequence of his behavior, then I assume it was well deserved as a wake-up call then.

On a side note, you obviously do not know me at all. If you toss it in an attempt to give me a wake-up call then you are a fucking moron. Only thing you achieve is pissing me off further and turning me into a worse asshole. Sorry i don't tip toe through tulips around you people, if i don't like you i will tell you end of story.

Tue Mar 12, 2013 1:33 am

If you are aware of how your actions can play out, then I assume you should not be surprised to know that being an asshole does often have negative consequences. How many negative consequences will it take before you look at yourself in the mirror? Or as you manipulate yourself to think: I act as an asshole, and I will always do no matter how anyone behaves towards me.

Tue Mar 12, 2013 3:02 am
Team: Star Revolution X
Main: Xantra
Level: 2904

Dark Brotherhood wrote:
If you are aware of how your actions can play out, then I assume you should not be surprised to know that being an asshole does often have negative consequences. How many negative consequences will it take before you look at yourself in the mirror? Or as you manipulate yourself to think: I act as an asshole, and I will always do no matter how anyone behaves towards me.

I have to agree with this. While obviously I don't condone tossing gear off bases to get back at someone, if your attitude essentially boils down to being an asshole to people for no better reason than because you can, you're going to rub people up the wrong way, and you should not be at all shocked or hurt when they turn around and do something extremely dickish back to you - like tossing gear off a base.

Tue Mar 12, 2013 2:56 pm